Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 11:58   #61
Junior Member+

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Beattie is finding it tough at Accy as anyone else would have done, never mind someone trying to find his feet in football management for the first time.

As for Coleman, he's a busted flush. His chance has been and gone. It's over. The way he took Rochdale down - not just relegated, but reputation as well due to attitude and players cheating - we should definitely look elsewhere, in fact ANYWHERE.

I genuinely hope Beattie turns it round. The problem is, that time is not on the side of managers whose teams struggle at the wrong end of the table.

As ever, if and when a vacancy becomes available there will be the usual ridiculous expectations from some quarters about who should take over. That won't stop a flood of applications of course, but I wouldn't mind betting that neither the likes of Paulo DiCanio nor Nigel Clough will be amongst them. (Thankfully - but you know what I mean. No real 'names' unless untried elsewhere - a la Beattie)

Hope springs eternal. There's always the next match. We've played worse.

Last edited by Harrysmate; 06-10-2013 at 12:01.
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2013, 12:22   #62

Post Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
James Beattie is the manager of Accrington Stanley

League games alone -
10 played
0 wins
2 draws
8 defeats

Goals Scored - 6
Goals Conceded - 18

Total Points -2

After 10 league games, no one can deny the results are shocking/appalling/diabolical/unacceptable.

My biggest problem with James Beattie as our manager is simple, its his tactical knowledge and ability,
He doesn't have any.
He doesn't know how to change a game
His formations, team instructions, game plan, substitutions, player selection is all amateur.
He clearly is not cut out to be a football league manager.

The solution?
Easy.
We have a man in waiting who is available, who is proven, a good tactician, a man with ambition, a man who gets the best out of players at this level, he is use to working on a tight budget, is proven under pressure, and if the damage already done does take us down - has a track record to lead us back into the football league. And more importantly, is motivated to re-build his reputation after the Rochdale affair.

John Coleman - Save Our Season.
He would relish the chance to drag us up the table.

In Summary;
James, do the honourable thing and resign.

Finally,
learn from Barnet, don't leave it to late to make a change.
And never accept relegation as inevitable, we have a chance to make a change now and do something about it.
Now is the time.
Thing's aren't so bright for Coleman either AFC Liverpool lost (Team he's currently managing) yesterday and i don't have a clue how Bell's Vale Team got on?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Funny how much notice of things some take? quite a few players were issued wi 2 year contracts this season. Also fer outbacks benefit, Carver is back as far as i'm aware.lol
Peter Murphy is into the final year of his thankfully.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:46   #64

Regardless of what happens with JB the Coley bashing has to stop. I can't think of any other club where there most successful ever manager takes so much personal abuse.

I remember one of the hallmarks of his reign was that he made it clear he would always be in the clubhouse with supporters if they has issues they wanted to discuss. It's telling how many smiled to his face then slag him off on here.

The irony that most of those who deride him would never have set foot near the Crown and "discovered" Stanley without his winning teams piquing their interest which smacks of paradox.

We are frightened of going to places like Welling and Braintree next season. Pre JC playing these teams would have been a dream.

Also all this "he left us" baloney. He gave us 12 YEARS of his life. 12 years of success and moving progressively forwards including 3 promotions and numerous cup runs and he's a pariah. Yet Leam is "a good lad" for jumping ship after half a season which nearly ended in disaster. The lack of logic is astounding.

Its only my opinion but I think it lacks class to openly slate the greatest manager we have ever had certainly in the glorious technicolour era.

People using Beatties tax donation against Coley is also ridiculous. Of course Coley couldn't afford such an amount...realistically that money is akin to a tenner to Beattie...lovely gesture though it was.

Right now I'd swap all this faux proffesionalism for three points. But we cant afford to sack JB and as Shakey said its wrong to ask him to fall on his sword. We have much better players than previous regimes but keep failing miserably....what's the answer? I can take losing but the spineless manner in which this team keep giving up is demoralising.

Inject some passion and aggression into performances and results will come.
baldy, ossy kid, SamF and 3 others like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:49   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzydjr View Post
Thing's aren't so bright for Coleman either AFC Liverpool lost (Team he's currently managing) yesterday and i don't have a clue how Bell's Vale Team got on?
FACT
he is no their manager.
It was quoted in the press that he took a coaching session.
But hey, if they lose, lets blame Coley.
Nothing like a personal vendetta to blind the facts.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:55   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
People using Beatties tax donation against Coley is also ridiculous. Of course Coley couldn't afford such an amount...realistically that money is akin to a tenner to Beattie...lovely gesture though it was..
Exactly.
He only paid it on behalf of the club to avoid a transfer embargo so he could sign Naismith in time for the Pompey game.
Naismith!
Another fine signing.

Some people are using are using a personal grudge to attack the greatest thing to ever happen to our club (JC).

Shame on you.
Our club has class and dignity, some of you are displaying anything but.

And those of you who think there was more to the gambling affair wont come out in public and say what fantasy you believe in.
Put up or shut up.
If you want to have your little fantasies, save them for moaning behind your pint - don't use them against the greatest manager in our history unless your prepared to stand by them.

Pathetic.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:58   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007
Peter Murphy is into the final year of his thankfully.
What do you think would happen if your god Coleman came back? Murphy would be granted another contract. As DAV007 says "James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing", stay where you are and save us from Coleman.
cashman and Greeny like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:00   #68
Senior Member+

Beattie is finding it tough at Accy as anyone else would have done, never mind someone trying to find his feet in football management for the first time.

Of course any manager would rind it tough, but a decent manager would have shown glimpses of progress - under Beattie their has been none.

As for Coleman, he's a busted flush. His chance has been and gone. It's over. The way he took Rochdale down - not just relegated, but reputation as well due to attitude and players cheating - we should definitely look elsewhere, in fact ANYWHERE.

Please explain the link between John Coleman and players cheating.
Put up or shut up.

I genuinely hope Beattie turns it round. The problem is, that time is not on the side of managers whose teams struggle at the wrong end of the table.
Ability, tactics, an eye or a player, ability to change a game, etc are not on his side either.

As ever, if and when a vacancy becomes available there will be the usual ridiculous expectations from some quarters about who should take over. That won't stop a flood of applications of course, but I wouldn't mind betting that neither the likes of Paulo DiCanio nor Nigel Clough will be amongst them. (Thankfully - but you know what I mean. No real 'names' unless untried elsewhere - a la Beattie)

And?

Hope springs eternal. There's always the next match. We've played worse.

I wish I shared your hope, but after 10 league games time is running out to save our season and league status.

If Peter Marsden is complaining about losing money then he better be prepared for a mega loss if we drop down to the Non League.

Time/Games is/are Running Out!
Old 06-10-2013, 13:03   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
What do you think would happen if your god Coleman came back? Murphy would be granted another contract. As DAV007 says "James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing", stay where you are and save us from Coleman.
Please show me evidence that if John Coleman was manager, Peter Murphy would be given a new contract at the end of the season.

Please, I really want to see it.

Or are you assuming as it fits in with your nasty thoughts, using it to take out your personal vendetta?
Old 06-10-2013, 13:05   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Exactly.
He only paid it on behalf of the club to avoid a transfer embargo so he could sign Naismith in time for the Pompey game.
Naismith!
Another fine signing.

Some people are using are using a personal grudge to attack the greatest thing to ever happen to our club (JC).

Shame on you.

And those of you who think there was more to the gambling affair wont come out in public and say what fantasy you believe in.
Put up or shut up.
If you want to have your little fantasies, save them for moaning behind your pint - don't use them against the greatest manager in our history unless your prepared to stand by them.

Pathetic.
Your the one thats Pathetic Davo, i have already said its stupidity to put on internet but yer too dense to grasp the fact, If yeh wish i will tell yeh to yer face the facts as you often say. Then if yeh wish yeh can run back to J.C. n watch the embarrassment. And i dont talk off ale unlike you, cos i don't drink.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:10   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Your the one thats Pathetic Davo, i have already said its stupidity to put on internet but yer too dense to grasp the fact, If yeh wish i will tell yeh to yer face the facts as you often say. Then if yeh wish yeh can run back to J.C. n watch the embarrassment. And i dont talk off ale unlike you, cos i don't drink.
Cashman,
do you understand the meaning of the word hypocrite?

If your not prepared to share your little mind fantasy to justify your dislike of the clubs greatest ever manager online, then please don't make statements about a gambling affair and link it to Coley.
Its called defamation, that's another word for you to look up.

Put up or shut up.

But you wont, because you don't like facts.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:11   #72
God Member

Smile Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Regardless of what happens with JB the Coley bashing has to stop. I can't think of any other club where there most successful ever manager takes so much personal abuse............................................. ......

.................................I can take losing but the spineless manner in which this team keep giving up is demoralising.

Inject some passion and aggression into performances and results will come.
Very sensible words young man.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 06-10-2013, 13:14   #73
Senior Member+

I actually don't think its a lack of effort or passion from the team that is the problem.
Its what their being asked to do and the tactics and organisation.

Im not a fan of Joyce or Murphy (tried, tested and come up short), but they are playing in roles which they have been appointed to by the manager.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:22   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Exactly.
Naismith!
Another fine signing.

Shame on you.

Put up or shut up.

Pathetic.
Take in what you read .....I stated I would repeat everything I know to JC's face.
Ask all your friends about Ireland?
PS. Someone needs to say this DAV007 but I hope you and your messiah practice safe sex.....this is a family forum,
Old 06-10-2013, 13:28   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Take in what you read .....I stated I would repeat everything I know to JC's face.
Ask all your friends about Ireland?
PS. Someone needs to say this DAV007 but I hope you and your messiah practice safe sex.....this is a family forum,
If your not prepared to make your nasty allegations in public, then don't defame someone's good character.

And stop avoiding the facts - based on the evidence so far, if we stick with James Beattie we are getting relegated.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..