Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 19:16   #31
God Member

Re: Child Exploitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
Jaysay read the link on the first post. Asian girls do suffer. Most Afghan girls are married by the time they are 13

It's not a problem with Islam it's a culture problem
The problem with Islam is that you can't separate culture from religion, nor religion from politics for that matter. And, at the risk of seeming callous, I don't give a flying-you-know-what what happens in Afghanistan, as long as it stays in Afghanistan and doesn't migrate over here with the Afghanis. As a westener ... a Canadian, born and raised in Clayton, and damn proud of it ... I find it repulsive how females are treated in Afghanistan, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the Congo. But it is as much of an error for us to try to impose our culture on them, as it is for them to attempt the same impostion on our societies. The NATO mission in Afghanistan failed ... at the cost of too many US, British, and Canadian lives. Whatever spin the politicians put on it, it was a dismal failure. And the reason is that the Afghanis don't want our way of doing things impsosed on them. And it's time for leaders in the West to stand up and say without equivocation, that we don't want their way of life brought to our shores.

Last edited by Eric; 09-05-2012 at 19:19.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2012, 19:16   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
We used to ring the police up to report certain activity at the end of the street where we lived. They never bothered, the car was stationary so they couldn't fine them for speeding
On my old street there was a problem with asian drug dealers parking outside my house and waiting for their customers to arrive.You would think they would be quiet about it but they would sit there with boom/bass box blasting out drawing a lot of attention to themselves.Funny how the police never saw this as an issue despite multiple reports by different people were made yet as soon as a claw hammer goes through their car window 2 police cars and a transit van turn up after the guy holding the drugs has legged it of course

in all fairness to the police they didnt catch the guy who threw a hammer through their window either so at least incompitence is equally dished out

i dont think this is an issue anymore as you can now get drugs delivered by taxi

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-05-2012 at 19:19.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 19:21   #33
Senior Member+

im sure the multitudes would actually welcome the change of the western world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
that we don't want their way of life brought to our countries.

I certainly wouldn't like this life ^ would you?
Old 09-05-2012, 19:24   #34
Senior Member+

devonshire/warwick street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
On my old street
Old 09-05-2012, 19:30   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
devonshire/warwick street?
very close it was usually teh lower ends of the steets nearer to town and the factory bottoms or aldi

if homebase carpark was too ocupied for them they would park up on devonshire,malt or westwood and sometimes knowlmere if they were buying booze for the young girls that were in the back of their cars.

Odd thing is when carol sold the shop and it was taken over by asians we got a lot less asians infact hardly any using that shop but the dealing of drugs continued.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-05-2012 at 19:33.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 19:42   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
im sure the multitudes would actually welcome the change of the western world.

I certainly wouldn't like this life ^ would you?
That isn't what I'm talking about when I use the phrase "way of life," and if you don't realize this you are missing the point. And we have our own poverty issues in Canada to deal with, especially with out First Nations. Obviously it's a distressing situation ... if you watch enough late nite tv you can see similar, or worse.

But there are questions here just pleading for an answer: What happened to the billions in aid that Canada gave to Afghanistan? Whose damn pockets did it end up in? Obviously not those of this poor child. What did we get for our billions, and for the lives of 160 Canadian service men and women?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 19:46   #37
Senior Member+

Interesting point. They are actually trying to combat drugs in the asian community. I saw a poster about this a few years ago

when i asked on here about devonshire street area a few years ago, this was mentioned.. it was a good guess
Old 09-05-2012, 19:56   #38
Beacon of light

I agree with you Eric.......we are wrong to try and take western culture and ideals to the Afghanis(or anywhere else for that matter)......they do not want it......much as we do not wish to be islamised.

I can live cheek by jowl with people who accept me, and do not try and insidiously dilute my culture to match theirs...they came here(or their parents/grandparents) because they thought this country offered them a better place to live and bring up their families.
If this proves not to be the case...or they wish to live where sharia law is practised, then I am sure there are many countries that would be more than happy to take them.

We bend over backwards to avoid offending them.......what is that all about?
They CHOSE to come here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 20:03   #39
Senior Member+

Yeah I get it. Irony is what I was suggesting....

Q (see quote)
A: Where all charities go. Into government pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
That isn't what I'm talking about when I use the phrase "way of life," and if you don't realize this you are missing the point. And we have our own poverty issues in Canada to deal with, especially with out First Nations. Obviously it's a distressing situation ... if you watch enough late nite tv you can see similar, or worse.

But there are questions here just pleading for an answer: What happened to the billions in aid that Canada gave to Afghanistan? Whose damn pockets did it end up in? Obviously not those of this poor child. What did we get for our billions, and for the lives of 160 Canadian service men and women?
Old 09-05-2012, 20:08   #40
Senior Member+

again 'they'

do we know that 'they' as a majority don't want it? there is no way of telling. Religious maniacs are everwhere around the world. Just so happens these maniacs are armed and are sitting on a load of oil.

yet "gods hates fags" church in America is still allowed to exist. They are equally as evil. Watch the docu. Kids as young as 4 or 5 are already filled with hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
they do not want it......
Old 09-05-2012, 20:14   #41
Senior Member+

AH. I shouldn't get involved in this kind of discussion. IMO all religion is evil. Last time I had my say here on topic of religion I had harsh Karma and somebody actually said they would 'prey for me'
Old 09-05-2012, 20:15   #42

Religion isn't evil but men can be
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 20:17   #43
Senior Member+

Religion is man made. So it becomes a question not dissimilar to that of the Chicken and the Egg

But i certainly get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
Religion isn't evil but men can be
Old 09-05-2012, 20:38   #44
Senior Member+

Some will say gangs of men grooming and raping young girls is not a race issue, some will say it IS a race issue. However, it is certainly a culture related issue or, more specifically, one stemming from a clash of cultures.

This is an issue where the strict mores of one religion and culture have set in motion the environment in which this can occur. It is a clash of religion and ethics. Because one religion is different, it does not give the members of the stricter religion the right to abuse young women who are culturally different from them. Nor can being a member of this community offer them a shelter in which to enjoy the silence and therefore protection of their own community.

Men who lure young girls to be exploited by older "uncles" are organised criminals and a problem which the larger community does need to address. Are only a handful of men partaking in the spoils of this? Should they not be held accountable for this behaviour by their own leaders and indeed their own community? As Margaret said in an earlier post "i won't hold my breath".
Old 09-05-2012, 20:39   #45
God Member

Don't see how any of this is to do with religion or race because I don't know of any religion/race that condons child sex abuse.. these monsters are opportunists who became organised...young white girls just happened to be easier targets than young asian girls in their own community... bottom line is they would not have got away with it for two minutes in their own community.

Last edited by Mancie; 09-05-2012 at 20:43.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..