Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2008, 09:09   #16

Re: Have your say

An old thread but i'm just highlighting a petition we have created as now we in Burnley have to travel to Blackburn for emergencies:

Petition to: Return A&E and Life Saving Treatment to Burnley General Hospital.

Please sign if you wish.
Old 20-07-2008, 09:26   #17
Resting in Peace

I have just spent time in the Royal Blackburn, there was a chap in the bed opposite who came from the other side of Colne, how can this be improving services, you can sympathies with the people of Burnley and District, and I can see Neal's point, but to me the only sensible opption is an A & E in both Towns, I'd be happy to subscribe to that
Old 20-07-2008, 13:59   #18
Loz

All towns should have an A&E.
Why should anybody have to travel miles out of their way for emegency treatment?
It's like a lottery with peoples lives and is disgraceful.
I will sign the petition even though i don't live in Burnley.
Old 20-07-2008, 15:39   #19
God Member

I've signed it, I think it's ridiculous that people from Burnley have to travel all this way. A few minutes in a life or death situation can make all the difference.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 16:32   #20
God Member

I have signed too

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 17:32   #21
Resting in Peace

I think before you sign this petition, some serious statistics ought to be viewed first.

Seemed to me, at the time, was an excellent idea, in the terms of better ambulance facilities, better attention emergency attention on receipt at the Blackburn Royal and 24/7 urgent care needs at both Burnley and Blackburn, linked with improved planned surgeries at Burnley.

As blue light calls would begin receiving treatment from the upgraded ambulances on attending an emergency, would suspect has saved many lives already. There again, don't know .. would be interested to know if any facts have been made public yet. Suspect just a little too early to tell to begin petitions to return to the original facilities. Unless Neal has some details.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 19:10   #22
God Member

No statistics other than patient care matter.
If people in Burnley area say the care is worse under this system they should be listen to.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 19:16   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No statistics other than patient care matter.
If people in Burnley area say the care is worse under this system they should be listen to.
What people ? Case histories please.

Hearsay Margaret ... details necessary. We, in Hyndburn, will be benifiting from better service for emergency care.

This new system was only implemented on 1st November, 2007 .. give it a chance !
Old 20-07-2008, 20:51   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I've signed it, I think it's ridiculous that people from Burnley have to travel all this way. A few minutes in a life or death situation can make all the difference.
i too think that is absolutly stupid, how katex can say "it only started in november 2007 give it a chance" beggars belief to me, - give it a chance when it will still be just as far from burnley to blackburn in 3007 as it was when this started. thats really sensible.
Old 20-07-2008, 21:17   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i too think that is absolutly stupid, how katex can say "it only started in november 2007 give it a chance" beggars belief to me, - give it a chance when it will still be just as far from burnley to blackburn in 3007 as it was when this started. thats really sensible.
Don't know whether it is working better or not Cashy . think the distance is irrelevant here as treatment will begin as soon as the ambulance arrives. Certainly better facilities for urgent needs. Seems that if you had a heart attack in Accrington, the ambulance that appears should be better equipped to deal with your problem, and therefore could save your life, rather than waiting to get to Blackburn for treatment.

Just saying, let's consider 'the facts' first before voting with our hearts rather than our heads.

Don't think gonna' be changed soon anyway :-

A&E will not return to Burnley - health chief - Burnley Express
Old 20-07-2008, 21:25   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't know whether it is working better or not Cashy . think the distance is irrelevant here as treatment will begin as soon as the ambulance arrives. Certainly better facilities for urgent needs. Seems that if you had a heart attack in Accrington, the ambulance that appears should be better equipped to deal with your problem, and therefore could save your life, rather than waiting to get to Blackburn for treatment.

Just saying, let's consider 'the facts' first before voting with our hearts rather than our heads.

Don't think gonna' be changed soon anyway :-

A&E will not return to Burnley - health chief - Burnley Express
oh well if the treatment that begins as soon as ambulance arrives is as good as you get in the actual A@E i will let our nurses n drivers comment on that, cos i dont think so, but i bow to your superior medical knowledge.
Old 20-07-2008, 21:33   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
, but i bow to your superior medical knowledge.
That's a bit nasty and uncalled for Cashy ... never put myself up as having any kind of 'superior medical knowledge' ... just interested in finding out whether this new system is working AS PROMISED, before I commit myself to a petition for restoring back services...
Old 20-07-2008, 21:41   #28
God Member

I was originally against the changes. Now we have them, katex is right, we should look to see if they have made the service better or worse. Obviously moving services from Burnley to Blackburn is not popular with people from Burnley, so I think additional 'evidence' should be looked at as well as word of mouth.
Old 20-07-2008, 22:00   #29

It’s all well and good evaluating figures and statistics. As we all know, both can be manipulated, interpreted differently by individuals or “spun” to enhance “targets”

Not sure I would fancy a trip from Trawden to Bburn with something life threatening, irrespective of how good an ambulance may be equipped.

The only comments of any worth must be from patients or service users.
Old 20-07-2008, 22:01   #30
Loz

I still can't agree with these changes.
Surely the best thing all round is for the patient to be being treated in hospital not the back of an ambulance?
I hope that eventually sense will prevail and the A&E will return to Burnley.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..