Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2012, 21:34   #76
God Member

Re: fourpence to the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
What about "torchy the battery boy" and "twizzle" the boy who could screw his legs out to make him taller.Both were puppets shows with all the strings showing
Then if I was lucky, I was treated to saturday morning at the pictures,I think it was sixpence but not sure, it was kids only. Flash Gordon, Roy Rodgers, Lone Ranger, Old Mother Riley and Kitty and lots more that have escaped my grey cells.
Before my time I'm afraid. Used to get left at the Classic for the Saturday morning cinema show sometimes while mum did the shopping -remember Lassie and a few adventure series -pretty exciting as we got to buy sweets and a bottle of pop!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2012, 22:40   #77

Quote:
What about "torchy the battery boy" and "twizzle" the boy who could screw his legs out to make him taller.Both were puppets shows with all the strings showing
Then if I was lucky, I was treated to saturday morning at the pictures,I think it was sixpence but not sure, it was kids only. Flash Gordon, Roy Rodgers, Lone Ranger, Old Mother Riley and Kitty and lots more that have escaped my grey cells.
Like Woody Woodpecker and The Three Stooges eh Dave?
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 22:47   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

who remembers these guys?
Old 14-01-2012, 06:24   #79
Beacon of light

Who remembers the Little Rascals?

Have a look at this. I loved these films

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-01-2012 at 06:26. Reason: to add a video clip
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 08:06   #80
God Member

'Fraid your clips are way too early for me Margaret and Cashy.

I used to love watching Casey Jones and The Virginian. This really takes me back!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 08:46   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya puppets to well before the Muppets, Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben (flopalop) but I think Muffin the Mule was a bit risque
Old 14-01-2012, 08:47   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Poetic as ever Jay - you 'd sell 'em like hot cakes on Accy market
Ya used to stand the market
Old 14-01-2012, 08:50   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Before my time I'm afraid. Used to get left at the Classic for the Saturday morning cinema show sometimes while mum did the shopping -remember Lassie and a few adventure series -pretty exciting as we got to buy sweets and a bottle of pop!
Saturday morning with Flash Gordon and the Clay Men (and that's not political) not forgetting Emperor Ming
Old 14-01-2012, 10:34   #84
Senior Member+

Was it the Saturday Club on Saturday mornings at the Odeon. I used to go but can't remember the club song. Can anyone remember
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:39   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Was it the Saturday Club on Saturday mornings at the Odeon. I used to go but can't remember the club song. Can anyone remember
Here it is

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:43   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Remember it well.
Old 14-01-2012, 12:54   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya puppets to well before the Muppets, Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben (flopalop) but I think Muffin the Mule was a bit risque
When you go back and look at the stuff you were watching as a kid you dont realise how politicaly incorrect they are in todays society
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 13:33   #88
Beacon of light

And you have to ask the question......were we damaged by all this politically incorrect stuff?
I don't think we were...do you?
Old 14-01-2012, 13:37   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When you go back and look at the stuff you were watching as a kid you dont realise how politicaly incorrect they are in today's society
I used to love the Black and White Minstrel Show and used to watch it with my Golly from the Robinsons Jar, but alas no more
Old 14-01-2012, 13:39   #90
Beacon of light

Quote:
'Fraid your clips are way too early for me Margaret and Cashy.

I used to love watching Casey Jones and The Virginian. This really takes me back!

Of Course they are before your time Dianne...you have to remember that me 'n Cashy(or should that be Cashy and I) are old enough to be your parents .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..