Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2013, 10:59   #3691
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Sorry Margaret I have to disagree with that...

We are not in the position we are in because of the last government. It's a myth perpetuated by the tory media based on what was meant to be a stupid in-joke by the outgoing treasury minister (there's nothing left, we spent it all), which was pounced on by the tory spin doctors. That's the kind of crap joke I might leave in the empty coffee jar at work before I have a few days off.

The last government left us with one third of the debt we are now in, they did this by spending on health, welfare and education, and they had to deal with a worldwide recession. Yes they were numpties..but..

This lot have killed people with their policies, just like Thatcher did and just like every tory government before them. And we are worse off than we have ever been with no sign of the light at the end of the tunnel, despite endless promises of tough love and all in it together.

You are right that political parties don't care..but what is your alternative?

Russell Brand says don't bother voting? Maybe you could pointlessly spoil your paper? Vote for a guy who has ignored his promises and the wishes of his electorate? Post endless links on forums without explanation? Bitch and whine on a local forum and do zilch about it? (thats me by the way as if you hadn't guessed ).

How do you make a guy who used to work in a printers but became your representative listen, and more importantly ACT on your view instead of his own or his party leaders?
Guinness, it would not be good if we agreed on everything.
It is your prerogative to hold differing views - I respect that, because they always seem balanced and considered.
As for the story about there being no money left...it was reported in more than just the Tory biased newspapers......and whether it is true or not we - the plebs, have no real way of knowing.
If it was a joke, it was in very bad taste.
Suffice it to say, that the last incumbents presided over a banking crisis, which they knew about and failed to act on....OK at the same time there was a toxic banking situation over the pond which compounded this crisis.
There were other serious failings of the last government...that isn't to say that the current incumbents are getting it right either.
They were left with a poisoned chalice - and had the Labour government be re-elected who knows whether things would be different - we can never know.

As to the alternative - well, if I knew that I wouldn't be sat here tapping away on a computer - I would be proclaiming my solution from the housetops.
Similarly I do not know how we get our elected representatives to comply with the wishes of those who elected them....Einstein, I am not!

Some interesting points have been brought up by a couple of posters.
When a party is in opposition they snipe at the government, but yet when they get into power they do nothing about the things that they sniped at the previous government for...and this is true of ALL parties.

In my considered and humble opinion thay are all a shower of Fisons.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2014, 19:33   #3692
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So where is he then? I'd of thought C'mon would've been wetting himself to get on here after the latest revelations about the Thatcher files.
Old 03-01-2014, 20:19   #3693
God Member

thats history i knew most of this anyway.. what about now. there are tidal surges, river banks bursting their banks what did Owen Paterson say ,when asked about the cuts to the enviroment agency ? Floods: Row Over Environment Agency Job Cuts he is a mucky idiot what ive heard a nasty piece of work.
Old 03-01-2014, 20:30   #3694
God Member

BBC News - Young people 'feel they have nothing to live for' its alright dont worry according to the tory party and their fascist press mates these peoples lives dont matter....
Old 03-01-2014, 20:38   #3695
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And there it is!
cmonstanley likes this.
Old 03-01-2014, 20:47   #3696
God Member

im really scared ive just seen an army of Romanians going past my window
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1533859_708989505800758_1339721213_n.jpg (82.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-01-2014, 16:04   #3697
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
im really scared ive just seen an army of Romanians going past my window
it could be worse it could be my window
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 16:19   #3698

Ha Ha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1505531_10203162492002458_566511481_n.jpg (22.1 KB, 13 views)
cmonstanley likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 20:36   #3699
God Member

this is so funny Nick Clegg Is David Cameron's Condom, Says Boris Johnson
Old 08-01-2014, 22:40   #3700
God Member

help to buy scheme you couldn't make it up own estate agents £35,000 car lol David Cameron?s Help-to-Buy poster girl attacked for buying own £145,000 home through her estate agency firm - News - People - The Independent
Old 09-01-2014, 18:13   #3701
God Member

a few of my friends lost their jobs today while they were out on a shout . shameless liar thats boris the dangerous buffoon Firefighters In Tears As 10 Stations Close In London | LBC
Old 24-01-2014, 21:53   #3702

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Hey C'mon..explain this cut and paste...

BBC News - EU Referendum Bill: Peers delay legislation

Your guys have delayed this bill just enough that it probably won't become law, so that they can ignore it on a technicality if they get in power. Really hope that you and your party are proud of stopping the will of the people.

Vote Labour..Vote Europe!

To paraphrase the great labour politician Kenneth Moss of Rishton Towers..us nuggets really shouldn't 'purport to know far more about things than your average man on the street, because we don't know what is really going on, because we just read stuff'

I despise conservative values..but current labour values typified by the Mossian edict above, remind me of Animal Farm.. 'all animals are equal except the pigs who are wiser'

Strange how Orwell depicted his version of politicians pretending to work for the people as trough eating pigs.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:43   #3703
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

BEt yeh none of em has the guts to comment on this? in fact reckon they will vanish up own backsides.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:52   #3704
God Member

politically inept lol read carefully ,david cameron says the uk needs a better deal in europe. ie we are not leaving europe . it the political elite that are holding it up not just the labour peers. there are labour and tory peers who support the bill all the lib dems oppose
Old 25-01-2014, 09:29   #3705
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

People can read carefully unlike you on many occasions, The fact remains the vote was giving the public a vote, wether conditions were improved or not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..