Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

andyd 04-11-2020 20:10

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1246402)
Thanks MikeA. I have enjoyed the football but have just got fed up of the continuous foul language coming from the touch line. I know I could simply mute the volume but then you get totally no atmosphere and sounds from the players. The referees must be able to hear the swearing but are doing nothing about it! So I have exited the coverage. Simply no need for the foul language.....:eek:

I,ve often cringed at Coley,s colourful exchanges with match officials and opposition managers, no wonder they have moved the " dugouts over to the Eric Whalley stand".

andyd 04-11-2020 20:13

Must admit though back in the day when I played a bit if someone,s studs scraped above the kneecap I would say " ouch you bounder" think not.

MikeA 04-11-2020 20:41

Lost 1-0. Not much to choose between the teams but iFollow missed the goal; the camera wasn't pointing in the right direction!

Mr T 05-11-2020 07:27

Mike and all;

This wasn't an I Follow production; it was organised "in house" via FTFC and hosted via You Tube.

Not sure how it all really works, but would think students/ interns would be the workers on the project.

MikeA 05-11-2020 09:36

Thanks for clarifying that, Mark. Yes, Fleetwood didn't mention iFollow in their publicity about videoing the game.

It's good of FTFC to have made the video available so many thanks to them.

And, after your post, I feel better about iFollow. Shame about the score...

cashman 05-11-2020 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246412)
Lost 1-0. Not much to choose between the teams but iFollow missed the goal; the camera wasn't pointing in the right direction!

i couldnt weigh up how i missed the goal cheers for clearing that up Mike @ MR T.still i can now blame Barton:D

andyd 05-11-2020 15:18

Nigel Clough set to take over at Mansfield quite like Nigel good bloke decent manager brave man going there results driven game but it will be your fault there Nigel if ever you get the boot.

choirboy 05-11-2020 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1246404)
thats always happened at football games choirboy,dont bother me at all. mind have to say im nearly deaf these days lol

I know that swearing has been around for decades in football but in an empty stadium with only a handful of voices audible and the loudest of those spouting the f word every third or fourth word! I am no prude but it was just totally unnecessary and unneeded! I don’t know if it was a Fleetwood or a Stanley coach doing all the swearing but it was just off putting. It ruined what was quite good coverage apart from the single camera missing the goal!:enough::knife:

LongLostSon 05-11-2020 17:38

Agree Choirboy, not exactly a great example to the young lads - caused me to hit the mute button.

cashman 05-11-2020 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1246431)
I know that swearing has been around for decades in football but in an empty stadium with only a handful of voices audible and the loudest of those spouting the f word every third or fourth word! I am no prude but it was just totally unnecessary and unneeded! I don’t know if it was a Fleetwood or a Stanley coach doing all the swearing but it was just off putting. It ruined what was quite good coverage apart from the single camera missing the goal!:enough::knife:

oh i can understand that sunshine, but like i said im lucky im pretty deaf these days.:Dso never heard owt

monkey hanger 06-11-2020 10:25

didn,t hear anything myself but doubt it would be any worse than any all male environment. might be old fashioned but that does not bother me but does if there is young kids and women about. mind you some of the latter in todays world would be fine working in a shipyard.

andyd 09-11-2020 09:32

Let fans in debate at 4-30pm in house of commons today can't see anything happening soon wether or not they come with some future" hope " we will see but the promises they made before came to nought.

ferret man 09-11-2020 12:39

Hi Andy these will be the same clowns who stopped people playing golf yet we can watch football and rugby being played on tv.

andyd 09-11-2020 17:10

Well I just watched the whole hour and a half debate some very interesting bits loads on how clubs are collectively losing a fortune ex:- Port Vale one and a half million pounds in lost revenue since March, not sure about the outcome other than they all support fans back when safe one thing that is certain is that there will be no government bailout for elite football as the game at the top is awash with money and should look after itself.

andyd 10-11-2020 07:45

After yesterday's debate I feel as far as fans are concerned we are in a worse place than before, then the pilot scheme was launched and 1st, of October was the date which was cancelled as we stand now they refused requests for a road map and there is no date in the near future been announced was signing the petition worth it?

monkey hanger 11-11-2020 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246580)
After yesterday's debate I feel as far as fans are concerned we are in a worse place than before, then the pilot scheme was launched and 1st, of October was the date which was cancelled as we stand now they refused requests for a road map and there is no date in the near future been announced was signing the petition worth it?

the discussion of the petition could not have come up at a worse time. in the middle of extra restrictions the outcome was always going to be what it was. the timeing could not have been better for the government and those who find football as a saturday afternoon nusance to them.

MikeA 11-11-2020 17:22

I'm not sure that I agree. There's room for both.

'The former northern powerhouse minister compared Accrington Stanley to the Royal Ballet':
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-54908862

cashman 11-11-2020 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246641)

'The former northern powerhouse minister compared Accrington Stanley to the Royal Ballet':

Perfect demonstration of what Pillocks are some M.P.s i reckon.

monkey hanger 12-11-2020 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246641)

doesn,t he actually know that Zanzala left us in the summer.

monkey hanger 12-11-2020 09:37

looking at all those extra southern clubs that have entered the league over the last 30 years then ballet might be more popular in bury and macclesfield than football is.

andyd 13-11-2020 13:50

John Sheridan takes over at Swindon what do clubs see in him?

monkey hanger 14-11-2020 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246677)
John Sheridan takes over at Swindon what do clubs see in him?

a Primark version of Pulis who has got another job now at sheffield wednesday. why cannot clubs see past these people including warnock and give some younger english guys a chance to fail like they do over and over with the usual suspects.

andyd 15-11-2020 15:11

Another great sadly gone RIP Ray Clemance fantastic keeper.

andyd 17-11-2020 14:44

Breaking bad news, apparently after the meeting today between Oliver Dowden and football authorities fans could be allowed back after 2nd December in tier 1 and possibly 2 areas, another Elephant has entered the room his own government his talking about tougher tier systems, couldn't make it up all right it puts football level with things like cinema,s and theatre,s but just imagine if it happened straight away you would have manager,s and owners saying it's an unfair advantage if your allowed fans and we aren't, ain't in my opinion going to happen, it will be tier 3 or worse for everyone must think wer thick.

cashman 17-11-2020 15:07

no good wondering what happens,happens, simple as.

monkey hanger 18-11-2020 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246811)
Breaking bad news, apparently after the meeting today between Oliver Dowden and football authorities fans could be allowed back after 2nd December in tier 1 and possibly 2 areas, another Elephant has entered the room his own government his talking about tougher tier systems, couldn't make it up all right it puts football level with things like cinema,s and theatre,s but just imagine if it happened straight away you would have manager,s and owners saying it's an unfair advantage if your allowed fans and we aren't, ain't in my opinion going to happen, it will be tier 3 or worse for everyone must think wer thick.

exactly. just another attempt to pit a smile on the faces of people who believe or want to believe everything. even if it did happen then if the virus numbers in thae area went up football would get the blame, get shut down and we would have to wait even longer for a possible return.

MikeA 18-11-2020 22:46

It seems strange to change the rules mid-season but from Friday, 20 Nov, League 1 and 2 teams will be allowed five substitutes from a seven-strong bench:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/novemb...e-substitutes/

VALAIRIAN 19-11-2020 07:24

We have used X1 only - combined - in the last X2 games.... not in Coley's make up to use them :)

andyd 19-11-2020 07:27

To me though regardless of whether you use them or not it used to be 5 on the bench increased to 7 for what still only 3 options to use 5 in current scenario,s of packed schedule,s makes sense if you choose to use them is up to the management team of individual clubs.

monkey hanger 19-11-2020 08:41

[QUOTE=MikeA;1246893]It seems strange to change the rules mid-season but from Friday, 20 Nov, League 1 and 2 teams will be allowed five substitutes from a seven-strong bench:

just hope its only a temporary measure and something that does not become normal. smacks of pre season friendly games. what next rolling subs like kids football.

andyd 19-11-2020 15:58

Bristol Rovers have appointed Paul Tisdale the ninth manager ( caretaker ) in 2 years wonder if he will last nothing beats time in football as success usually comes with a spell of long-term management teams depends on whether you are a trigger happy chairman I suppose.

ferret man 19-11-2020 20:03

Team (A) winning 1 nil 15 mins to go no subs have been used as yet, I wonder if the leading teams manager will use any sub ? This will wind the (B) team fans up no end.

Lost in Cornwall 20-11-2020 08:33

Is it limited to only being able to use the 5 subs on 3 occassions the way it was in the Premier League and Championship at the end of last season?

MikeA 20-11-2020 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1246935)
Is it limited to only being able to use the 5 subs on 3 occassions the way it was in the Premier League and Championship at the end of last season?

There's nothing about a limit in the amended regulation 33.4.

Chewbacca 20-11-2020 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246936)
There's nothing about a limit in the amended regulation 33.4.

The 3 window limit was made to the FIFA law 3 so it would apply still.

monkey hanger 21-11-2020 08:06

[QUOTE=andyd;1246912]Bristol Rovers have appointed Paul Tisdale the ninth manager ( caretaker ) in 2 years

just wonder if paul tisdale wished he,d stayed with exeter. he seems to have had a few clubs since then without much success. you do not just become a bad manager overnight but exeter could have suited him like coley does at stanley.

andyd 21-11-2020 08:55

He left Exeter to take over at relegated MK Dons led them to promotion at first attempt, following a poor start the following season sacked good luck at Brizzie Rovers always thought his Exeter sides played football the right way good to watch.

monkey hanger 21-11-2020 09:14

[QUOTE=andyd;1247003 good luck at Brizzie Rovers always thought his Exeter sides played football the right way good to watch.[/QUOTE]

yes so did i. used to look forward to those games and at least paul tisdale had something that the morbidly obese steve evans will never have, CLASS.

andyd 25-11-2020 15:47

The hand of God has passed away love or hate him he was an absolutely wonderful footballer RIP Diego Maradona.

Twenty Eight 25-11-2020 15:53

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1246995]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246912)
Bristol Rovers have appointed Paul Tisdale the ninth manager ( caretaker ) in 2 years

just wonder if paul tisdale wished he,d stayed with exeter. he seems to have had a few clubs since then without much success. you do not just become a bad manager overnight but exeter could have suited him like coley does at stanley.

Exeter served notice on him 18 months before his contract expired !!! Why would you stay at a club that pulls those tricks ??

Why did they do it ? Because Exeter wanted to reduce his pay.

See you later - a very ungrateful club.

MikeA 25-11-2020 16:26

Shrews' manager sacked! I wonder how it will affect next week's match:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073711

andyd 25-11-2020 16:34

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1247260]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246995)

Exeter served notice on him 18 months before his contract expired !!! Why would you stay at a club that pulls those tricks ??

Don't think that's accurate there was a contract offer on the table which he declined to sign also this ungrateful club is fan owned so read into that what you will.

andyd 25-11-2020 16:35

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1247260]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246995)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1247261)
Shrews' manager sacked! I wonder how it will affect next week's match:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073711

Why was he due to play?

andyd 25-11-2020 17:19

Interesting piece in the mail from Bumble when fans are finally allowed back in at Accrington he won't be one of them until he's had the vaccine and I follow will be the norm for him until then. He says it's because of his age and he classes as vunerable should imagine he will be one of many who will follow suit.

cashman 25-11-2020 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247259)
The hand of God has passed away love or hate him he was an absolutely wonderful footballer RIP Diego Maradona.

he was but i aint that magnanimous GOOD RIDDANCE i say.hes got the hand of god now.

ossy kid 25-11-2020 19:30

I'm with you cash, good riddance to the fat pot head. It annoyed me to see the refs protecting him, anything more than half a tackle and you were in the book or red carded.

monkey hanger 26-11-2020 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1247267)
I'm with you cash, good riddance to the fat pot head. It annoyed me to see the refs protecting him, anything more than half a tackle and you were in the book or red carded.

sorry but saying that about one of the best footballers of the age isn,t on. neither is ccomments about protection for proper footballers against the thugs of the game. we have all mentioned from time to time the lack of protection given to stanley players from opponents by some referee or another. just because the lad once dared to handle the ball against england was born in argentina he became some sort of evil genious. if it had been that alledged woman beating boozer gascoign who had died everyone would be getting their black tie on today.

monkey hanger 26-11-2020 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247264)
Interesting piece in the mail from Bumble when fans are finally allowed back in at Accrington he won't be one of them until he's had the vaccine and I follow will be the norm for him until then. He says it's because of his age and he classes as vunerable should imagine he will be one of many who will follow suit.

thats bumbles personal choice. its not mine.

andyd 26-11-2020 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1247268)
sorry but saying that about one of the best footballers of the age isn,t on. neither is ccomments about protection for proper footballers against the thugs of the game. we have all mentioned from time to time the lack of protection given to stanley players from opponents by some referee or another. just because the lad once dared to handle the ball against england was born in argentina he became some sort of evil genious. if it had been that alledged woman beating boozer gascoign who had died everyone would be getting their black tie on today.

Well said monkey I only posted about him in respect to his footballing entertainment because that's why we all watch, regarding the dark arts of football our very own Sean McConville mentioned on Tuesday he doesn't hesitate to use them who wouldn't. I personally used to love watching Diego best in the world and probably all time at ball control and the old adage which usually applies to genius,s of the game age doesn't matter if good enough play em he made his debut 10 days short of his 16th birthday as for his personal life not interested he was a football great thanks very much for the entertainment.

monkey hanger 26-11-2020 10:38

[QUOTE=andyd;1247271]Well said monkey I only posted about him in respect to his footballing entertainment because that's why we all watch,

on top of that a quite a left leaning football messageboard was only a few weeks ago attempting to find excuses for peter sutcliffe the yorkshire ripper after he died. not all but some. again some but not all having a go at maradona this morning. even the bunker, not known for its classy comments, have showed a proper balanced respect for the guy.

Crown Grounder 26-11-2020 11:13

Sorry, but he'll always be "Cheating Diego" to me.........never played for my team, brilliance on the football field does not make up for his other antics. I feel sorry for his family of course, a sad end to someone who was unable to cope with his talent, fame, wealth and addictions.

cashman 26-11-2020 12:25

cant knock his ability at all he was great. also cant knock the fact he was a cheater and even when tv showed it, he said it was the hand of god some may tolerate crap like that. i will never no matter who does it.

andyd 26-11-2020 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1247279)
cant knock his ability at all he was great. also cant knock the fact he was a cheater and even when tv showed it, he said it was the hand of god some may tolerate crap like that. i will never no matter who does it.

So if Stanley scored an illegal goal not spotted by ref or liner that resulted in promotion to the championship I presume you wouldn't celebrate just asking.

ossy kid 26-11-2020 14:02

M.H. I think you're reading something that isn't there. I didn't criticize his talent and I didn't blame him for the "extra" protection he received from the refs, it was his waste of opportunity to do good in his country instead of promoting drugs which turned me off him. As for the "hand of god" bit, I'm sure his maker sent him packing south when he reached the pearly gates.

cashman 26-11-2020 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247281)
So if Stanley scored an illegal goal not spotted by ref or liner that resulted in promotion to the championship I presume you wouldn't celebrate just asking.

i dont hold with cheating FULL STOP is their part of that yeh dont understand?

MikeA 26-11-2020 21:16

Players' market values:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leag...wettbewerb/GB3

Presumably, somebody gets paid for making up this stuff...

monkey hanger 27-11-2020 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1247294)
Players' market values:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leag...wettbewerb/GB3

Presumably, somebody gets paid for making up this stuff...

players agents.

AccyMad 28-11-2020 21:43

Have to congratulate Chorley for their win at Peterborough in the FA Cup today, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall after the game - I bet Fergie Junior was spitting feathers :D

The Red Darreners 29-11-2020 00:43

Absolutely.
Nor was it just a 'win' - it was a 2-1 drubbing - arguably even more comprehensive than our own first day dismantling of the Posh. Hit the post twice - Newby's run and shot were magnificent - and thwarted from the spot by an exceptional save from Christy Pym.
Thrilled for Connor Hall especially as an ex-Red for getting goals against both Posh and Wigan, but as a team they really seem to play for each other - I can't believe they won't be shooting up the NLN in the next few weeks.
Hoping that Marine will join them in Round Three later today.

AccyMad 29-11-2020 18:37

Another one bites the dust - Sunderland have sacked Phil Parkinson, bit drastic when they're in 8th place but what do I know . . . . .

andyd 29-11-2020 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1247365)
Another one bites the dust - Sunderland have sacked Phil Parkinson, bit drastic when they're in 8th place but what do I know . . . . .

Just over 12 months about average recently for " big " club Sunderland eighth place in the table god help any manager if they are in the bottom three, must cost a fortune paying all these guys off, won't stop them moaning about losses though when this season with no fans is accounted for. I will send my CV in the post just a month of there salaries and pay off will do for me.

monkey hanger 30-11-2020 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1247365)

its all about the club and fans expectations. 8th place for stanley would equal a new managers contract 8th at sunderland warrents the sack. the managers news over the last few days did have one real surprise. bradfords stuart mccall given some extension with his side quickly dropping into the league 2 danger area.

andyd 30-11-2020 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1247372)
its all about the club and fans expectations. 8th place for stanley would equal a new managers contract 8th at sunderland warrents the sack. the managers news over the last few days did have one real surprise. bradfords stuart mccall given some extension with his side quickly dropping into the league 2 danger area.

Expectations make me laugh 2 games lost this season least in league 1 apart from promotion,s to the premiership they haven't actually won anything since 1973, it doesn't get the tag of poisoned chalice for nothing. As for McCall at Bradford how many times as he had that job?

monkey hanger 30-11-2020 09:56

[QUOTE=andyd;1247374]Expectations make me laugh 2 games lost this season least in league 1 apart from promotion,s to the premiership they haven't actually won anything since 1973,

i know, but the vast majority of their fans expect to be seeing em as a championship club or at least topping division 1. even at stanley i think expectations have changed over the last few seasons especially with newer fans. if stanley did get relegated from div.1 and then struggled near the bottom of div.2 the season after then i could even see coleys days being numbered.

andyd 30-11-2020 10:12

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1247377]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247374)
Expectations make me laugh 2 games lost this season least in league 1 apart from promotion,s to the premiership they haven't actually won anything since 1973,

i know, but the vast majority of their fans expect to be seeing em as a championship club or at least topping division 1. even at stanley i think expectations have changed over the last few seasons especially with newer fans. if stanley did get relegated from div.1 and then struggled near the bottom of div.2 the season after then i could even see coleys days being numbered.

This is the problem with most " big " clubs manager comes in immediate results are expected even with someone else,s squad, time isn't a commodity common amongst managers hazard of the job vastly owtwieghed by big salaries will be no shortage of applications.

andyd 01-12-2020 09:07

Mo Sangare out again for at least a couple of months hamstring injury.

cashman 01-12-2020 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247390)
Mo Sangare out again for at least a couple of months hamstring injury.

thats real bad news ross is out also for awhile:eek:

andyd 06-12-2020 08:42

Nice result for the returning Tranmere fans 1-3 home defeat Hill out.

andyd 06-12-2020 08:59

Read an interesting article written by a season ticket holder and supporter of 50+ years regarding how is club have picked the fans to attend. They have over 3000 ticket holders and have picked 1800 for the first game mainly socially bubbled groups and then delivered a bombshell by saying until restrictions on limits are lifted it will be same 1800. This a club that offered nobody a option of a refund not a great way to treat loyalty amongst supporters.

VALAIRIAN 06-12-2020 11:15

Is that Tranmere Andy??

:)

andyd 06-12-2020 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1247660)
Is that Tranmere Andy??

:)

No Argyle.

VALAIRIAN 06-12-2020 15:53

Cheers :)

Twenty Eight 07-12-2020 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1247372)

The decision wasn't all about league position. Phil can be very feisty and principled.
He made demands for January and spun the coin saying back me or else.
Or else came up.
Bye bye.

andyd 07-12-2020 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1247667)
The decision wasn't all about league position. Phil can be very feisty and principled.
He made demands for January and spun the coin saying back me or else.
Or else came up.
Bye bye.

andyd 07-12-2020 10:07

Football never ceases to amaze principles.

Twenty Eight 08-12-2020 06:48

Don’t get your point.

andyd 08-12-2020 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1247673)
Don’t get your point.

Principles in football where in the FA, EFL, Premiership, Phil happened to speak the truth did he and got sacked thanks made me laugh having me Weetabix.

Twenty Eight 08-12-2020 11:29

Who said he spoke the truth ? Matter of opinion.
He made his demands - the Owner and the Board disagreed with him - he said my way or the highway so highway it was.

Simple. Take it easy with the Weetabix don't have more than two.

andyd 08-12-2020 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1247678)
Who said he spoke the truth ? Matter of opinion.
He made his demands - the Owner and the Board disagreed with him - he said my way or the highway so highway it was.

Simple. Take it easy with the Weetabix don't have more than two.

Two,s enough could,nt care less really about Sunderland get what they deserve keep sacking managers, big club in support only but in the North East apart from Brown ale what else do you do with a weekend.

Div3North 08-12-2020 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247681)
but in the North East apart from Brown ale what else do you do with a weekend.

Cushie Butterfield!

:theband::theband::theband:

“She’s a big lass :D and a bonnie lass :D
And she likes her beer,
And they call her Cushie Butterfield
And I wish she was here” :p

monkey hanger 09-12-2020 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247681)
but in the North East apart from Brown ale what else do you do with a weekend.

search for a lass that likes salad and not burgers who does not own a pram. then when you have failed repeat it the next.

Greger 09-12-2020 13:20

Credit to John Barnes for speaking up against Yesterday’s racism farce in Paris. Racism is not OK but neither is fanaticism. And “black” in Romanian is “negru”.

cashman 09-12-2020 13:36

to me twas never racist in 100 years the dickheads have taken oer at last.

Greger 09-12-2020 14:57

Aye, they’ve been running it for a while now!

andyd 09-12-2020 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1247743)
to me twas never racist in 100 years the dickheads have taken oer at last.

With var and taking the knee how to ruin football as an enjoyable funday in 2 easy moves.

Taypot 09-12-2020 19:29

If people want to "take the knee" then that's their choice, but why do we have to have replays of it on Match of the Day?

andyd 09-12-2020 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taypot (Post 1247761)
If people want to "take the knee" then that's their choice, but why do we have to have replays of it on Match of the Day?

Is that rubbish still on oh yeah it's on " woke " BBC.

andyd 13-12-2020 12:55

McCall sacked at Bradford by another fan hated Chairman no doubt there will be a queue around the block for the job where your hands are tied but pay will be ok and some when you join the others in the sack race. Non league beckons for Bradford.

AccyMad 13-12-2020 15:55

And Barrow have followed suit & sacked David Dunn

andyd 13-12-2020 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1247967)
And Barrow have followed suit & sacked David Dunn

Crackers 17 league games ok they have lost 8 but even so but David better off out of that dump they might have done you a favour mate.

monkey hanger 14-12-2020 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247957)
McCall sacked at Bradford by another fan hated Chairman no doubt there will be a queue around the block for the job where your hands are tied but pay will be ok and some when you join the others in the sack race. Non league beckons for Bradford.

5 figure crowds. wembley appearances. big division 1 side. there is certainly something wrong at that club. some fans of them feel there is something not quite right with ex owners who seemed to jump the ship at odd times.

andyd 14-12-2020 15:16

London, Essex and Hertfordshire into tier 3 from Tomorrow midnight all clubs in those areas back to no fans then why oh why did they after the latest lockdown put areas into different tiers don't they learn anything, to me fans back in after the most vunerable have been jabbed makes more sense, and don't mention economics that bus has gone unfortunately for a lot.

andyd 15-12-2020 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247969)
Crackers 17 league games ok they have lost 8 but even so but David better off out of that dump they might have done you a favour mate.

Some interesting reading on Barrow,s fans forum about David, seems the general consensus is that the Evatt compensation money has been spent on recruitment and Dunny,s appointment and sacking, but with no income decision was the risk of relegation under Dunny or a new manager turning it around and securing football league status. Costly either way but the dye is now cast.

andyd 15-12-2020 15:10

Bristol Rovers latest to be hit with Covid tonight,s and Saturdays games off up to press.

VALAIRIAN 15-12-2020 18:51

Stanage also.........

andyd 16-12-2020 15:05

Looks like after 2and a half years out of the game big Sam Allardyce taking West Bromwich bjob after the sacking of Bilac, don't think many clubs have money to through around on compensation for in work managers at the moment.

andyd 16-12-2020 16:19

Sunderland have asked for their next three games to be postponed after outbreak of Covid at the club, apparently wanted last night's game called off when 1 player was positive but EFL refused, safety in mind there then by the EFL and some grounds have fans in.

andyd 16-12-2020 16:26

Apparently eight players missed Sunderland,s game last night 1 positive 7 showing symptoms isolated, after extensive dialogue over several hours the game went ahead because the EFL wasn't sure about what sanctions could or cound not be applied, how long has the pandemic to last until the rule book is clear, yet again it has shown it's ineptitude.

andyd 16-12-2020 16:28

Sunderland to be fair wanted the game off and to be honest they were right, if fully recovered their next scheduled game is against us.

andyd 17-12-2020 09:38

Tier 3 for Lancashire over Christmas.