Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2021, 21:27   #1861
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Corona Virus

Not talking about travel to India Jimmy, just simple things, going to a restaurant, the pub or other such places, no vax/recovery/test, no entry, to my mind that is divisive & as such forces folk to conform under compulsion.

Not really in the ideals of a "free" society is it?
Old 14-05-2021, 21:29   #1862
Beacon of light

We have allowed people to travel back from India knowing that there is a dire situation over there.
The borders should have been closed weeks ago.

You are right when you say that people who choose to have the vaccination do so because they have determined their own risk....and that is how it should be.
If you have felt safer being vaccinated then it is the right thing for you.
What gets me is that there are some who would make vaccination mandatory.

If you believe that the vaccination works then anyone who is unvaccinated poses no risk to you.
If you do not believe it will protect you....then why would you want everyone to have a vaccine that does not protect?

A vaccinated person may still acquire this infection....and may also transmit it.....and that is according to the literature produced by the manufacturer.

The only vaccines that use inactivated particles of the virus to stimulate an immune response are the Valneva vaccine and the Sinopharm(also marketed as Coronavac).
This iis the nature of previous vaccines....polio, smallpox etc.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 21:31   #1863
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not talking about travel to India Jimmy, just simple things, going to a restaurant, the pub or other such places, no vax/recovery/test, no entry, to my mind that is divisive & as such forces folk to conform under compulsion.

Not really in the ideals of a "free" society is it?
No...it isn’t..it is fascist idealism.(and that should worry people)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 08:54   #1864
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1253968]We have allowed people to travel back from India knowing that there is a dire situation over there.
The borders should have been closed weeks ago.

they all should have been closed from march 2020 and not just india. the general public i think believe they are closed because they could not go abroad on holiday last year and to limited destinations this one. something else the MSM keep as quiet as possible about. on the 15th april there were 6 hour queues at heathrow for people entering the country. suppose they were all entering the country because of a dire emergency. some seem able to travel anywhere they like at the time we are muzzles, distanced and eating and drinking outside with an overcoat and gloves on.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 09:00   #1865
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No...it isn’t..it is fascist idealism.(and that should worry people)
they have not started burning books yet but god help anyone who riles up against what is happening in this country. its far from just the virus its a lot of our normal life thats under threat. not saying ladies and gentlemen in a railway announcement now in fear of upsetting a 0.1 of the population for a start. i give up i really do. if i was 50 years younger i,d escape this country as quick as i could.
Old 15-05-2021, 10:16   #1866
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i give up i really do. if i was 50 years younger i,d escape this country as quick as i could.

Aye, but where to mate?, I don't think there is anywhere in the world nowadays where these lefty, wokerist, useful idiot symptoms haven't crept in & poisoned some of the populace & the hard of thinking.
taddy likes this.
Old 15-05-2021, 10:25   #1867
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye, but where to mate?, I don't think there is anywhere in the world nowadays where these lefty, wokerist, useful idiot symptoms haven't crept in & poisoned some of the populace & the hard of thinking.
there aint any places in the world where the HARD OF THINKING dont live.
Old 16-05-2021, 19:30   #1868
Senior Member+

I am due to go to a clinic in Bolton soon to have a cataract removed and not knowing Bolton we decided to have a dummy run today. We had no intention of getting out of the car or even opening the window.
What amazed me, especially after reading that Bolton was a covid hot spot, was the fact that there were lots of people milling around in groups and mostly without masks. It still seems there is a large amount of people who don't give a dam about others and think covid will not affect them.
Old 17-05-2021, 09:32   #1869
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I am due to go to a clinic in Bolton soon to have a cataract removed and not knowing Bolton we decided to have a dummy run today. We had no intention of getting out of the car or even opening the window.
What amazed me, especially after reading that Bolton was a covid hot spot, was the fact that there were lots of people milling around in groups and mostly without masks. It still seems there is a large amount of people who don't give a dam about others and think covid will not affect them.
that does not surprise me at all gremlin when Bolton visited stanley last season they were nothing but scummy animals damaging parked cars etc and the behaviour in the ground was shocking.
Old 17-05-2021, 16:32   #1870

I once mentioned on an earlier post that a lifelong friend of mine, (a martial arts master) had been put into a coma for three weeks early on in the corvid crisis but had thankfully recovered. I have just been informed of his death by skin cancer. Nothing to do with the Covid 19 but with me never being a (God Botherer) when your time is up then the clock stops,I just hope that my clock stops before, As Monkey Hanger always says Her in the kitchens does.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2021, 23:24   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

At least you're not in Scotland where the virus can discern between a crowd opposing illegal criminal immigrants being deported (encouraged and supported by their "glorious" leader) and a crowd celebrating their football team's success (derided and despised by their "glorious" leader)
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 04:57   #1872

I know I am old and am losing millions of brain cells every day (don’t sneer – we all are, but no need to panic because we start off with billions of these neurons) but I like to think I do have at least a spark of intelligence left.

However, with every day that passes, the COVID-19 debacle confuses me more. A person in authority tells us that we should all be vaccinated, it is the only way for protection against the virus, and yet we are also told that the vaccine does not offer full protection, either against a person getting the virus or passing it on – and will not protect against the new strains that keep cropping up. Oh, yes! and by the way, having the Jab might make you ill – but not to worry because it only affects a few – too bad if it’s you. You might ask if there will be a need for yearly jabs – you might well ask but you won’t get an answer because apparently nobody knows.

Depending on who you are is whether it is deemed safe for a person to return home from places like India. Does this mean that the virus actually knows your circumstance (if you are a (wealthy) sportsperson for instance). Too bad if you're not.

It seems to me that those who make the rules are chasing their tails, never getting in front of the situation. Good job they were not in authority years ago – enough said! On that note I will shut up, have a strong cup of coffee, try not to worry about the number of brain cells I have left to lose, and wait for the predictable comments that will probably be forthcoming.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 04:58   #1873

By the way, the spokeswoman of an airline over here, who of course has a vested interest, wants borders opened up for international travel – even though she said (and I quote) ‘some might die’. What!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 10:07   #1874
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
By the way, the spokeswoman of an airline over here, who of course has a vested interest, wants borders opened up for international travel – even though she said (and I quote) ‘some might die’. What!
never let profits ever get in the way of life. if the travel and air industry had there way they,d never have shut the world down anyway. get sick of hearing the bleeting of the so called hospitality industry. what they lost last year they,ll make up for it in the future and more so. went away for a few days but came home on the same day. tried charging us twice for our dogs, and told em to stuff it. been to their site between 20 and 30 times over the last 6 years and never to return. rip off britain. it will get worse for sure.
Old 21-05-2021, 17:34   #1875
God Member

Just so we (at least on here) can’t claim we weren’t aware, once the Govt’s emerging ‘Pass laws’ are enforced on us, the NHS App that will soon be needed to ‘prove’ our ‘right’ to access services and places will collect data that goes well beyond ‘health’.

The latest privacy policy also contains a long and confusing list of personal data under “The Personal Data we collect and how it is used”, some of which look worryingly sensitive – such as ethnicity, vehicle registration plate, national insurance number, employer, biometric and genetic information and criminal convictions.

https://theconversation.com/nhs-vacc...20%2F05%2F2021

“Papers, please, comrade citizen?”
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..