Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The Tories (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-tories-57812.html)

Mancie 10-05-2011 07:02

The Tories

Anyting they do is a cock up...one year in power and they have mashed up any defence of this nation.. put up VAT to 20% that makes any working man and women a slave to Tax.. totally destroy the defence of our country.. insist on massive spending within the EU.. and worse increase the massive overseas spending to such as Pakistan.. I don't like this Government.. they are worse than the last one.;)

gynn 10-05-2011 07:07

Re: The Tories

You mean "Conservative led" Government.

They couldn't have done any of it without the help of the Liberal Democrats, because they don't have a parliamentary majority.

cmonstanley 11-05-2011 19:28

now they after workers rights same old tories growth plan whats that :confused: they say BBC News - Redundancy rules could be relaxed, says government

odders 11-05-2011 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 905472)
now they after workers rights same old tories growth plan whats that :confused: they say BBC News - Redundancy rules could be relaxed, says government

Read gynn's post above:o Oh just read your edit quote:(, you can now read mine;)

cmonstanley 11-05-2011 20:05

george osbourne is a tory his idea .his ideology. wheres his growth plan:confused: oh it says that is his growth plan :confused:

odders 11-05-2011 20:07

They couldn't have done any of it without the help of the Liberal Democrats, because they don't have a parliamentary majority.

Again...:p The policy will have to be passed?

cmonstanley 11-05-2011 20:22

dont need a parliamentry majority because they are not passing a law the are bending it[relaxing] it for their chummies .ie council managers who are going to make thousands reduntant.

odders 11-05-2011 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 905488)
.ie council managers who are going to make thousands reduntant.

This has been happening since last May, or have you forgot?:confused: All councils need to tighten their belts. Luckly in Hyndburn we now got, I hope a semi honest council. Not one of spending, the old Labour way. But sorry it is not at national level all tories they have a silent partner.

cmonstanley 11-05-2011 20:49

not in the scale we will be seeing this year .this is not a coincedence they are doing this .i cant believe anybody in their right mind supports this this will effect peoples ability to pay for mortgages effect families and put people in poverty.

odders 11-05-2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 905512)
not in the scale we will be seeing this year .this is not a coincedence they are doing this .i cant believe anybody in their right mind supports this this will effect peoples ability to pay for mortgages effect families and put people in poverty.

I do not support it, and if you read my post "not spending the old Labour way", errrr who has run Hydnburn for the last numerous years? But you cant just blame the Tories, they have a silent partner, but who is she actually sleeping with? As we know she likes herself but aint the confidence. If people do nationally what they did locally, well things my change. These ideas come out of a hat, which one next?

As Cashy says "they all pee in the same pot", and both you and Mancie mouthing off about the Tories only gives fuel. Rather than posting propaganda, get out and do something, as soon as local politics change, nationally it will all take effect.;)

gynn 11-05-2011 21:18

Quote:

dont need a parliamentry majority because they are not passing a law the are bending it[relaxing] it for their chummies .ie council managers who are going to make thousands reduntant.

But they can only "bend the rules" if the Liberal Democrats let them, be it in Parliament, in Cabinet, or in Ministerial Discussions.........

cmonstanley 11-05-2011 21:20

we will see ;) if the coalition last that long:eek::)

Eric 11-05-2011 21:25

But what would happen if Clegg grew a pair and said "Enough!, We're outta here." Are the voters open to another general election?:confused:

cashman 11-05-2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 905527)
we will see ;) if the coalition last that long:eek::)

i will be amazed if it dont.

cmonstanley 11-05-2011 22:16

lib dem rank and file already up in arms up here because a lot of candidates lost their deposit because they got less than a thousand votes and some have had to pay out of their own pocket cant see that lasting;)

cashman 11-05-2011 22:25

wont make a blind bit of difference, those clowns aint ever been in power, they will kiss ass n make noises, but will never relinquish IMHO;)

Eric 12-05-2011 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 905553)
wont make a blind bit of difference, those clowns aint ever been in power, they will kiss ass n make noises, but will never relinquish IMHO;)

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac": I think Hank got it in one ;)

cmonstanley 12-05-2011 05:54

whats going to happen to the other 750,000 BBC News - David Cameron and Nick Clegg launch youth jobs drive

jaysay 12-05-2011 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 905512)

Not on the scale that we've seen this year:eek::eek::eek:, hello is anybody in or is there just a light on, unless you've not noticed we've never had the economy in such dire straights as it is now, wake up and smell the coffee:mad: :mad:

jaysay 12-05-2011 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 905552)
lib dem rank and file already up in arms up here because a lot of candidates lost their deposit because they got less than a thousand votes and some have had to pay out of their own pocket cant see that lasting;)

At first I thought you were naive, seems I was wrong your just stupid, this is the first time the Liberals Lib/Dems have been anywhere near power in 100 years, plus the ones already in parliament won't be too keen for another election any time soon;)

Josie Bloggs 12-05-2011 23:16

Quote:

Sorry. Are you saying that the Tories are friends of council managers? Maybe if you're down south that's vaguely correct, but not here. You think the cuts are easy? They mean work not getting done and people out of work. The tories dont care about us, there voters will come from the south.

Council spending cuts hitting North more than South | Public Finance ? official CIPFA magazine

steeljack 13-05-2011 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josie Bloggs (Post 905786)
Sorry. Are you saying that the Tories are friends of council managers? Maybe if you're down south that's vaguely correct, but not here. You think the cuts are easy? They mean work not getting done and people out of work. The tories dont care about us, there voters will come from the south.

Council spending cuts hitting North more than South | Public Finance ? official CIPFA magazine

Maybe if Council employees above the rank of rat catcher , bin-men , gritting crews, grave diggers, park keepers/gardeners etc. Were more productive,you know the ones, the folks with manager/supervisor/project leader in their job title/description, not the ones who do the actual Council work/jobs and provide the services that folks pay their Council tax for, without the benefit of a nice warm office and a comfy chair where they spend more time doing actual productive jobs instead of spending half the time re-calculating their pension benefits and expenses and shuffling paper from one pile to another then maybe there wouldn't be the need for all the cuts. :eek: ;)

Question you since you seem to have your feet under the Council table , How many actual Bin-men does HBC employ and how many are in "suit" jobs (including all re-cycling managers/supervisors/collators and spies) ;)

Ken Moss 13-05-2011 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 905593)
Not on the scale that we've seen this year:eek::eek::eek:, hello is anybody in or is there just a light on, unless you've not noticed we've never had the economy in such dire straights as it is now, wake up and smell the coffee:mad: :mad:

Regrettably, your old 'mate' Peter has done a remarkable job of financially ruining the council after making the same criticisms of the Labour government. The facts and figures that will come out over the next few weeks should be enough to make sure that he never dares to show his face in public again. The full scale of it is truly enormous.

If Labour's infamous 'note in the drawer' story is true then it's hardly our finest hour but two wrongs....?

Ken Moss 13-05-2011 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 905595)
At first I thought you were naive, seems I was wrong your just stupid, this is the first time the Liberals Lib/Dems have been anywhere near power in 100 years, plus the ones already in parliament won't be too keen for another election any time soon;)

Well, 65 but who's counting? ;)

You're spot on though, which Liberal Democrat in their right mind wants another General Election after the paggering they got last week in the locals?

Merging with the Conservatives was a bit like having an affair, no one really thought well of them for doing it and no one will want to know them after they split up.

Ta ta.

jaysay 13-05-2011 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 905802)
Well, 65 but who's counting? ;)

You're spot on though, which Liberal Democrat in their right mind wants another General Election after the paggering they got last week in the locals?

Merging with the Conservatives was a bit like having an affair, no one really thought well of them for doing it and no one will want to know them after they split up.

Ta ta.

Ya but just think if they'd have jumped into bed with Labour what an even sorrier mess we'd have been in now, Labour could never get the concept of the old saying when your in a hole stop digging, if Brown had still been there propped up by the Lib/dems he'd be nearing Australia by now, the hole was that big :rolleyes:

cmonstanley 13-05-2011 19:14

heres the start of the cuts hi ho double dip here we come:( BBC News - Union anger over plans to close 22 Jobcentre sites

cmonstanley 14-05-2011 06:29

all words, what about their pensions and the ones they have been paying off while their on active duty in afghanastan the good old tory trick say something and do the opposite BBC News - UK military covenant to become law

jaysay 14-05-2011 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 906001)
all words, what about their pensions and the ones they have been paying off while their on active duty in afghanastan the good old tory trick say something and do the opposite BBC News - UK military covenant to become law

Labour were too thick to even have any tricks at all;)

cashman 14-05-2011 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 906015)
Labour were too thick to even have any tricks at all;)

matters not, aint tricks thats needed its fair play n honesty, something that Cameron n his ilk are bereft of.:rolleyes:

jaysay 14-05-2011 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 906019)
matters not, aint tricks thats needed its fair play n honesty, something that Cameron n his ilk are bereft of.:rolleyes:

And we had 13 years of truth truth truth from Blair Brown and co, its a good job neither were pinocchio or their noses would have grown from Downing Street to Brighton;)

cashman 14-05-2011 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 906029)
And we had 13 years of truth truth truth from Blair Brown and co, its a good job neither were pinocchio or their noses would have grown from Downing Street to Brighton;)

its well documented on here, my thoughts about those *******, completely irrelevant to whats happening now.:rolleyes: which is summat the blue posters aint the balls to say. referring back constantly to before, doesn't add sod all to now.:rolleyes:

jaysay 14-05-2011 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 906039)
its well documented on here, my thoughts about those *******, completely irrelevant to whats happening now.:rolleyes: which is summat the blue posters aint the balls to say. referring back constantly to before, doesn't add sod all to now.:rolleyes:

Have a word with Ken Moss then cashy onwards and upwards hey:D

Mancie 14-05-2011 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 906041)
Have a word with Ken Moss then cashy onwards and upwards hey:D

This is not about Ken Moss .. who I have to say seems more focused on local issues rather than national... It's about this reckless inept government.. the latest "lie" that says the last government signed up to give our money away to other EU members was denied by the great george osbourne... we gave no money to Greece ...the only money given away has been since this government took over.. to Portugal and Ireland ... billions we don't have..billions that this government will take away in cuts to the elderly, the sick, law, the health and the defence of this country..same old stuff from the same old tories :eek:

Stumped 15-05-2011 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 905814)
Ya but just think if they'd have jumped into bed with Labour what an even sorrier mess we'd have been in now, Labour could never get the concept of the old saying when your in a hole stop digging, if Brown had still been there propped up by the Lib/dems he'd be nearing Australia by now, the hole was that big :rolleyes:

Yet people still pay good money to listen to speeches by the likes of Tony B'Liar and Gordon the moron Brown . . . who incidentally have both made themselves millions from their political jerrymandering. It would be laughable if it wasn't FACT that their true legacy lies in their bringing the country to it's knees. I very much doubt that any elected administration can dig us out of the hole that we are in!

jaysay 16-05-2011 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 906361)
Yet people still pay good money to listen to speeches by the likes of Tony B'Liar and Gordon the moron Brown . . . who incidentally have both made themselves millions from their political jerrymandering. It would be laughable if it wasn't FACT that their true legacy lies in their bringing the country to it's knees. I very much doubt that any elected administration can dig us out of the hole that we are in!

First thing before we do anything else is to reduce the £45 billion interest we're paying on our debts, which is increasing at a rate £100 million plus per day:mad::mad:

Neil 16-05-2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 906525)
First thing before we do anything else is to reduce the £45 billion interest we're paying on our debts, which is increasing at a rate £100 million plus per day:mad::mad:

Typical Tories getting us in debt an extra £100,000,000 every day :rolleyes:

jaysay 16-05-2011 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 906527)
Typical Tories getting us in debt an extra £100,000,000 every day :rolleyes:

Are you Mancie in disguise:p

Neil 16-05-2011 09:41

Don't you start asking if members are other members, there is a lot of it going on :D

Did you miss the smile at the end of my post.

We need less blaming in politics and more just getting on with it.

jaysay 16-05-2011 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 906538)
Don't you start asking if members are other members, there is a lot of it going on :D

Did you miss the smile at the end of my post.

Ya I think we've sussed that one out:rolleyes:
and your saw right on the second count, but unfortunately politics is politics and it ain't going to happen anytime soon sorry:D

cashman 16-05-2011 09:55

Quote:

Seems to be a lot of stuff vanishing about that very subject, :rolleyes::D reminds me of the Tories.:D

jaysay 16-05-2011 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 906543)
Seems to be a lot of stuff vanishing about that very subject, :rolleyes::D reminds me of the Tories.:D

Who rattled your cage;):rolleyes::D

Neil 16-05-2011 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 906543)

Nothing to do with me for a change :p

Margaret Pilkington 16-05-2011 11:24

Quote:

That is my stance too.......despite what Mancie thinks........I am with any party that can get us out of the financial mess that we find ourselves in.
I don't care what colour banner they travel under or what their ideologies are....just let them get on with it!

cashman 16-05-2011 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 906572)
Nothing to do with me for a change :p

have no idea whom it is,just a statement of fact.:p

cmonstanley 16-05-2011 17:39

double dip here we come

Stumped 16-05-2011 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 906699)
double dip here we come

France and Germany must be laughing their socks off! In the prophetic words of John Mesurier (Dad's Army): "We're all doomed!"

jaysay 16-05-2011 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 906709)
France and Germany must be laughing their socks off! In the prophetic words of John Mesurier (Dad's Army): "We're all doomed!"

Shushhhhhhhhhhh Stumped the chaps from Scotland you have to make allowances for him;)

Stumped 16-05-2011 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 906719)
Shushhhhhhhhhhh Stumped the chaps from Scotland you have to make allowances for him;)

Aye, Laddie. That's why Captain Mainwaring held him in such contempt!

jaysay 16-05-2011 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 906721)
Aye, Laddie. That's why Captain Mainwaring held him in such contempt!

Exactly:D

cmonstanley 17-05-2011 22:12

looks like the truth is coming out, it really is ideology BBC News - Police service 'hated' by government, officers told

Mancie 17-05-2011 22:53

The truth is that the postion as Home Secretary has become a joke..I mean come on Theresa May?.. the last labour goverment put a blind man with half a brain in charge.. this lot have put a pair of shoes with no brains in charge

accyman 18-05-2011 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 906699)
double dip here we come

as long as Cameron and Clegg are only double dipping

i fear they may do a re-enactment of 2 girls 1 cup then we will know were truely in the poop :eek:

MargaretR 18-05-2011 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 907013)
looks like the truth is coming out, it really is ideology BBC News - Police service 'hated' by government, officers told

It looks as though the feeling is mutual.
When any government loses the support of the police it is the start of a dangerous path to government downfall.

When there are stirrings of revolution the government needs the support of the police to control the masses.

cmonstanley 18-05-2011 19:12

what a idiot it goes on what happened to the so called party of law and order BBC News - Ken Clarke clarifies 'serious rape' remarks

jaysay 19-05-2011 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 907218)
what a idiot it goes on what happened to the so called party of law and order BBC News - Ken Clarke clarifies 'serious rape' remarks

If you care to look beyond the headlines, clear the cotton wool out of your brain (I know its hard but try) what Clarke was actually saying is that 6% prosecution rates (the second worse in Europe) is not acceptable and major steps must be taken to significantly increase this rate as a matter of urgency

cashman 19-05-2011 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907316)
If you care to look beyond the headlines, clear the cotton wool out of your brain (I know its hard but try) what Clarke was actually saying is that 6% prosecution rates (the second worse in Europe) is not acceptable and major steps must be taken to significantly increase this rate as a matter of urgency

and also decrease the sentence by half if they admit offence early enough, which is ruddy ludicrous as NOW the minimum sentence is only 5 yrs, which will make it only Two n Half years, which would then possibly be further reduced to half of that fer good behaviour, but carry on defending these *******.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 19-05-2011 11:15

Jay, if a Labour Justice Secretary had come out with exactly the same proposals, you'd be calling him left, right and centre on here. Clarke is an absolute disaster, a pompous, blustering windbag who doesn't even know the law (an 18-year-old having sex with a 15-year-old is not "rape" as he stated, but unlawful sex).

I would say take your blue-tinted specs off, but I guess it's far too late for that now!

gynn 19-05-2011 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907316)

What Clarke ACTUALLY said, in response to a comment that "Rape is Rape", was "No, it's not".

He made the classic Old Tory mistake of forgetting he wasn't speaking over coffee and brandy at some fossilised Piccadilly "gentleman's" club, and was actually talking to "ordinary people" on a radio phone in.

For that reason, he has to go.

Margaret Pilkington 19-05-2011 12:27

This man has a background in Law, so you would think he would have given a little more thought to the impact of his words.

He might have been trying to make the point that only 6% of rapes end in a conviction, but that was not the message the came across.....and after someone had said 'Rape is rape' to which he replied 'No. it's not'....he was lost, because he had alienated at least 50% of the population.

He is a pompous, self important, windbag....who cannot apologise, and he should be relieved of his post.

cashman 19-05-2011 14:09

most ive spoke to today think the cretin should go, but jaysay will carry on regardless defending the indefensible.:rolleyes:

jaysay 19-05-2011 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 907333)
This man has a background in Law, so you would think he would have given a little more thought to the impact of his words.

He might have been trying to make the point that only 6% of rapes end in a conviction, but that was not the message the came across.....and after someone had said 'Rape is rape' to which he replied 'No. it's not'....he was lost, because he had alienated at least 50% of the population.

He is a pompous, self important, windbag....who cannot apologise, and he should be relieved of his post.

He did apologies, but he probably not the best choice of words in the first place, but as even a woman from Rape Crisis said this morning he was looking at the whole situation from the point of law, and that only 6% of rapists are convicted, a lot of rape cases fall down before they even get to court because the woman is to traumatised to testify, Clarke was saying that if more guilty pleas were made more people would go to jail, but something sure ain't right if the conviction rate is only 6%. Another aspect that should be looked at is the naming of suspect, be it be male or female, the name of people convicted of rape should only be in the public domain after the trial, not before, too many innocent men have had their names dragged through the mud for false accusation which is wrong, not only that but in most cases the woman isn't even named after a not guilty verdict which can't be right

walkinman221 19-05-2011 18:02

Yes but even if they plead guilty why reduce their sentence, because they have spared their VICTIM the trauma of a court appearance pity they didnt think of their trauma whilst raping them.:mad::mad:

jaysay 19-05-2011 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 907367)
Yes but even if they plead guilty why reduce their sentence, because they have spared their VICTIM the trauma of a court appearance pity they didnt think of their trauma whilst raping them.:mad::mad:

Quite agree but better them behind bars for some time than walking away scott free, which the majority are doing at present

Wynonie Harris 19-05-2011 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907373)
Quite agree but better them behind bars for some time than walking away scott free, which the majority are doing at present

Here's a better idea...if they plead guilty they get the full sentence. If they plead innocent and are later found guilty, they get their sentence doubled.

jaysay 19-05-2011 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 907378)
Here's a better idea...if they plead guilty they get the full sentence. If they plead innocent and are later found guilty, they get their sentence doubled.

We're then back to square one Wyn

cmonstanley 19-05-2011 18:38

rape is rape and everybody knows rapists usually rape again they should be getting longer sentences.this is the indefensible.theres a difference saying someone is a bigot than letting rapists out early;) he should resign and be confined to the political scrapheap with his policy.

jaysay 19-05-2011 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 907385)
rape is rape and everybody knows rapists usually rape again they should be getting longer sentences.this is the indefensible.theres a difference saying someone is a bigot than letting rapists out early;) he should resign and be confined to the political scrapheap with his policy.

Another nhi post;)

Wynonie Harris 19-05-2011 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907381)
We're then back to square one Wyn

No, we're not...more offenders will plead guilty because they don't want their sentences doubling.

jaysay 19-05-2011 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 907389)
No, we're not...more offenders will plead guilty because they don't want their sentences doubling.

there ain't going to be a sentence if there's no one to testify

Margaret Pilkington 19-05-2011 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 907378)

That is a good idea, but I have a better one....it just isn't suitable to put on a family site....but it involves a blunt knife and no anaesthetic....and I guess it would be very bloody.

John, I appreciate what he was trying to say......but that wasn't the message that was heard, and it was insensitively worded.It was like he was talking to some other man in a gentlemans bar room....and he sounded very dismissive of the woman who challenged his perceptions of rape.
Rape is always serious....and should be treated as such.
No one will ever say that there is a less serious murder....murder is murder......rape is rape.

Many women do not come forward because they feel, firstly, that they will not be believed, and secondly, they will have to suffer the humiliation and trauma of reliving those events.

Then on top of that, there has, in the past, been situations where the women bringing these cases have had their intimate personal lives picked over by barristers...almost as if they invited the sexual attack.....like somehow they were to blame.......the clothes they were wearing are discussed...etc.
When a woman says NO to sexual advances........it does mean NO......not maybe........it isn't just something a woman will do the enhance the chase, as some men believe.

The apology you talk of, was very muted and did not(in my opinion - for what that is worth) seem genuine.
It seemed to me to be more of a media salve to keep his lucrative post.

Wynonie Harris 19-05-2011 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907390)
there ain't going to be a sentence if there's no one to testify

Sorry, Jay, don't follow you. The last government tried to up the guilty pleas rate by halving the sentences of those who did so. Now Clarke's trying to up it even further by reducing the sentences to a third for guilty pleas. I'm saying let's do it the other way. Your sentence is lengthened if you plead guilty and are convicted. It's the same principle - you serve a shorter sentence for pleading guilty, thus encouraging such pleas, but you're still serving your full term.

Mancie 19-05-2011 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 907395)
Sorry, Jay, don't follow you. The last government tried to up the guilty pleas rate by halving the sentences of those who did so. Now Clarke's trying to up it even further by reducing the sentences to a third for guilty pleas. I'm saying let's do it the other way. Your sentence is lengthened if you plead guilty and are convicted. It's the same principle - you serve a shorter sentence for pleading guilty, thus encouraging such pleas, but you're still serving your full term.

That's the way it used to be.. this is yet another in a long list of examples were this government have demanded cuts across the board... it is simply a cost cutting exercise and nothing more.
To make cuts "across the board" shows that this lot have not got a clue what should be done.. and so, same as usual, they simply make cuts with no real agenda for the future.. and hope things turn out ok... same old tories, same old policies :(

cashman 19-05-2011 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 907438)
That's the way it used to be.. this is yet another in a long list of examples were this government have demanded cuts across the board... it is simply a cost cutting exercise and nothing more.
To make cuts "across the board" shows that this lot have not got a clue what should be done.. and so, same as usual, they simply make cuts with no real agenda for the future.. and hope things turn out ok... same old tories, same old policies :(

yeh nailed it in one.

cmonstanley 19-05-2011 22:30

yep just admitted it on question time;)

jaysay 20-05-2011 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 907439)
yeh nailed it in one.

Noted that on your quoted post that London's answer to Coco is still using the Same old Tories trip, maybe he hasn't stopped to think, that maybe its the same old Tories because as usual they're clearing up after same old Labour who can't run a bath never mind a country

cmonstanley 20-05-2011 17:19

ha ha anyway forget about this for tonight only one thing matters is stanley score 3 goals without reply cmon you reds on stanley on

Margaret Pilkington 20-05-2011 17:21

is there football on tonight? :D Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!:)

jaysay 20-05-2011 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 907583)
is there football on tonight? :D Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!:)

There's me thinking you'd be there with your red and white scarf on Margaret:D

yerself 21-05-2011 15:03

Here's an explanation for jaysay's politics.:D:D

David Cameron’s uncle has claimed the working classes actually want to be ruled by the aristocracy.

Sir William Dugdale said Labour did not understand that the poor prefer posh people in power.

Ex-General Utilities director Sir William said they did not get that “working classes prefer to be led by a duke”.

Read more: David Cameron's uncle Sir William Dugdale claims the poor like being ruled by posh people - mirror.co.uk

MargaretR 21-05-2011 15:11

Judging by the sycophantic way some people venerate the royals, he might well be correct.

Benipete 21-05-2011 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 907939)

David Cameron’s uncle has claimed the working classes actually want to be ruled by the aristocracy.

Sir William Dugdale said Labour did not understand that the poor prefer posh people in power.

Ex-General Utilities director Sir William said they did not get that “working classes prefer to be led by a duke”.

Read more: David Cameron's uncle Sir William Dugdale claims the poor like being ruled by posh people - mirror.co.uk

That will explain why all top Labour politicians are millionaires then,Well done,Good job,Get yourself a biscuit on the way out.:hehetable

jaysay 22-05-2011 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 907939)

I was starting to read this until I noticed it was in the Mirror, nuff said really

jaysay 22-05-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 907947)
That will explain why all top Labour politicians are millionaires then,Well done,Good job,Get yourself a biscuit on the way out.:hehetable

Ya Beni, you never here yerself referring to people he so wholeheartedly supports here's something for him to catch up on
BBC News - Profile: Elliot Morley

yerself 23-05-2011 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay
I was starting to read this until I noticed it was in the Mirror, nuff said really

It must be true, it was in your bible as well, or did you miss it?:D:D

Cameron's uncle says we much prefer our leaders to be members of the nobility | Mail Online

garinda 23-05-2011 14:23

I posted on here years ago, that your average cap doffing, working class Tory, likes nothing more than to look up to some nob.

;)

(This post would have worked better on the radio.)

:D

jaysay 23-05-2011 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 908303)
I posted on here years ago, that your average cap doffing, working class Tory, likes nothing more than to look up to some nob.

;)

(This post would have worked better on the radio.)

:D

Thats funny I'm a working class Tory, but never had a hat.:rolleyes:;)

cmonstanley 24-05-2011 20:48

back to the subject looks like even their own know whats happening Big Society Tsar Resigns | david_cameron | lord_wei | big_society | Boulton & Co. | Sky News Blogs

cmonstanley 24-05-2011 20:50

double dip Exclusive: 3000 Jobs At Risk From Focus Shop Closures | focus_diy_group | gordon_brothers | ernst_and_young | Kleinman | Sky News Blogs

cmonstanley 24-05-2011 22:32

more jobs go BBC News - RBS confirms 700 jobs are going BBC News - Selex Galileo jobs cut in Basildon, Luton and Aberporth

jaysay 25-05-2011 06:22

Same old Tories following Same Old Labour with their age old policy of Spend today pay tomorrow when we're no long around to feel the consequences, 1970, 1979, 2010. Spending other peoples money is the easiest thing in the world, the trouble is Labour always leave others to sort out their unmitigated disaster of economic policies, most people recognise this, well that is except dumb and dumper

jaysay 25-05-2011 07:01

There you go they never learn do they, these mad money spend Labour lackeys

No. 10 fury as Baroness Ashton seeks millions more for her Euro empire | Mail Online

Ken Moss 27-05-2011 06:56

You not been invited to any Conservative 'brainstorming' sessions, John?

Might be a good place to bring up reckless spending.

cashman 27-05-2011 07:49

+ + + Tory Lord Hanningfield Guilty on Six Counts + + + - Guy Fawkes' blog there you go again. some seem to forget, "ALL" parties are corrupt.

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2011 08:04

Politicians never come out of politics poor....and this applies to those travelling under all banners.

Even when socialism was real socialism.......the politicians took what they could for themselves, with no regard to their principles.
Wasn't it said of Arthur Scargill......he went into politics with a big union and a small house.......came out of politics with a small union and a big house.
The quote may not beverbatim, but the gist of it is.

jaysay 27-05-2011 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 908949)
You not been invited to any Conservative 'brainstorming' sessions, John?

Might be a good place to bring up reckless spending.

I'll keep my judgements until you lot have been in power a few months, I know leopards don't change their spots, even if the new cubs make the right noises;)

Benipete 27-05-2011 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 908956)
Politicians never come out of politics poor....and this applies to those travelling under all banners.

Even when socialism was real socialism.......the politicians took what they could for themselves, with no regard to their principles.
Wasn't it said of Arthur Scargill......he went into politics with a big union and a small house.......came out of politics with a small union and a big house.
The quote may not beverbatim, but the gist of it is.

And a white roller.;):D:D

jaysay 27-05-2011 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 908964)
And a white roller.;):D:D

What just one;)

walkinman221 27-05-2011 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 908966)
What just one;)

Yes , but that was to paint his big house with:D:D:D

jaysay 28-05-2011 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 909055)
Yes , but that was to paint his big house with:D:D:D

Presuming he got somebody in to do the work, Arthur was only good at talking about work not actually doing any:D

cmonstanley 28-05-2011 09:44

so much for cuts eh:confused: BBC News - Downing Street flat had £30k refit