Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The Tories (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-tories-57812.html)

jaysay 27-07-2011 08:24

Re: The Tories

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 921576)
This isn't proof of anything.

Economic growth from such a deep recession was always going to be choppy. There's nothing at all to suggest that an alternative plan to reducing the deficit would work better, it may even have delivered us worse growth figures, perhaps even negative growth.

Not dealing with the deficit hasn't exactly gone well for Greece and Portugal.

Quite agree Andrew, somebody had to say when your in a hole for gods sake stop digging, the only problem was by the time somebody took the flaming shovel off Gordon the Moron he was half way to Australia

andrewb 27-07-2011 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 921578)
No, Andrew, I don't think it is that at all.

I am just sick of politicians saying one thing and doing another......not listening to the electorate on the things that the electorate consider to be important......I am fed up of them treating us all like we cannot use our critical thought processes......of them living high on the hog, while we struggle to make ends meet.......Spending money we cannot afford on things like the recent 'Happiness Index'.......what on earth was that all about?
And it cost us - the tax payer, 2 million pounds(or at least that is what is reported).
What kind of idiot spends money on something that an 11 year old could probably tell you?

I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to. A high percentage of manifesto commitments do end up being delivered.

The happiness index apparently received a positive response from the public. I think it's a load of nonsense but I accept Government isn't going to do everything I agree with all of the time.

cmonstanley 27-07-2011 09:26

the thing is with the tories robbing peoples pensions,sacking thousands of civil servants and cutting money on projects ie the sheffield nuclear turbine makers which has a roll on effect to other companies it has an effect on spending power of the middle clases which has kept the global economy going .my opinion is the imf has got it wrong ,the tories have got it wrong and america is knackered if it doesnt raise its lending ceiling the chinese are very nervous as it is the main lending country in recent times we could see an economic crisis worse than the one that we have now .just shows the shareholder ideology hasnt worked all started with the greed of the 1980s where thatcher sold off most of the crown jewels.

jaysay 27-07-2011 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921611)
.my opinion is the imf has got it wrong ,the tories have got it wrong and america is knackered if it doesnt raise its lending ceiling the chinese are very nervous as it is the .

or could it be that you've got it wrong;)

cmonstanley 27-07-2011 09:41

theyve been doing what theyve been doing for over a year now and its getting worse so it hasnt worked. so they are wrong watch greece spain portugal and ireland crash the uk goverment even reduced interst rates for ireland so they wouldnt default,u.s.a. well theyre on the brink and we will all suffer;)

andrewb 27-07-2011 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921618)
theyve been doing what theyve been doing for over a year now and its getting worse so it hasnt worked. so they are wrong watch greece spain portugal and ireland crash the uk goverment even reduced interst rates for ireland so they wouldnt default,u.s.a. well theyre on the brink and we will all suffer;)

Such a silly statement. Growth has slowed, yes, that isn't to say that it wouldn't have slowed or even declined if we hadn't reduced the deficit. You are suggesting an alternative (although with no detail) and just assuming it will provide all solutions. What a gamble for the sake of bashing the Tories.

Greece, Portugal, Spain.. you want us to be like them? You can't go on borrowing. People will stop lending you money, at which point you're screwed.

jaysay 27-07-2011 10:01

Quote:

Well if you knew even the rudimentary basics of economics you could have some listeners but seeing your only answer is a link to the Guardian, your just a tad woolly head really. When your actually trying to undo 13 years of crap profligate government, it will take a little longer than 12 months and just remember we are in a hell of a better financial position now than Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and a few more, things could be a hell of a site worse. I shudder to think just where we would have been now if Gordon and Alistair had been allowed to carry on with their financial suicide mission :eek::eek::eek:

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2011 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 921598)
I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to. A high percentage of manifesto commitments do end up being delivered.

The happiness index apparently received a positive response from the public. I think it's a load of nonsense but I accept Government isn't going to do everything I agree with all of the time.

While the Happiness Index may have been positively received by the public....at the time they were answering the daft questions, did they know how much it was costing them?

And while the politicians may think they are delivering what they promised...or a proportion of it, it might not be the proportion we, the electorate were hoping for.

I think the main and most relevant thing I can say is, that once elected, most governments cease to listen to the people........don't take the concerns of the electorate seriously(immigration is something that springs to mind,another is the justice system).....and the majority of them talk to the electorate like we are not capable of any kind of intelligent thought.

And I am not just referring to this government..........I feel let down by all the political parties.
They all seem quite keen to hand over more and more power to the faceless un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels.

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2011 12:12

Quote:

How on earth can you wipe out the damage done by the previous goverment of 13 years in one year. And yes, I do know there were external forces at work too...but don't you think this government is still dealing with those external forces too?

Why don't you put your thinking cap on and try and give us some kind of reasoned argument of what you would do to improve the situation.
You are pretty good at cutting and pasting(but I am not sure you read and understand the articles that you heartily recommend us to read) not so hot on putting any kind of discussion together.

cmonstanley 27-07-2011 16:15

I didnt say dont pay any of the defecit back that would be folly the argument is the the tories dont have any growth plan they are blind and have got their head in the sand how can one day knock back our full economy and by saying were not as bad as greece etc is admitting the last goverment must have done something right;) so the tories as usual think its alright for people to go homeless,bankrupt and into poverty.cmon what is the growth plan thats all im asking .. Ps sorry for caps my cat sat on the keyboard and i cant get my caps off:d

Royboy39 27-07-2011 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921682)
I didnt say dont pay any of the defecit back that would be folly the argument is the the tories dont have any growth plan they are blind and have got their head in the sand how can one day knock back our full economy and by saying were not as bad as greece etc is admitting the last goverment must have done something right;) so the tories as usual think its alright for people to go homeless,bankrupt and into poverty.cmon what is the growth plan thats all im asking .. Ps sorry for caps my cat sat on the keyboard and i cant get my caps off:d

I thought it was your cat doing the posting?

jaysay 27-07-2011 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 921691)
I thought it was your cat doing the posting?

You spotted it to hey Roy:rolleyes:

jaysay 27-07-2011 17:56

Quote:

I didnt say dont pay any of the deficit back that would be folly the argument is the the tories dont have any growth plan they are blind and have got their head in the sand how can one day knock back our full economy and by saying were not as bad as Greece etc is admitting the last goverment must have done something right;) so the tories as usual think its alright for people to go homeless,bankrupt and into poverty.cmon what is the growth plan thats all im asking .. Ps sorry for caps my cat sat on the keyboard and i cant get my caps off:d

And all this started on May 5th last year, take the blinkers of, things have been slowly picking up, and when the IMF say that Britain is taking the right approach in handling there inherited economic problems from the last shower, excuse me if I think every time you say something on here its a total load of unadulterated, ill thought out, left wing clap trap

andrewb 27-07-2011 18:34

Quote:

Take your own head out of the sand. I know you're obsessed with the Tories but it was not them who said growth would have been faster this last quarter if it wasn't for the bank holidays & Japanese earthquake, it was the independent Office for National Statistics.

The reason we are not following Greece down the road to ruin is because the current Government have made it clear they will eradicate the deficit over the Parliament. That gives markets confidence that they're going to be paid back which helps stabilise our economy and makes our interest payments cheaper.

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2011 18:38

Andrew, you are wasting your breath......he can see nothing through those pink specs.

cmonstanley 27-07-2011 20:28

BritISH kids need career advice at 10 says a TORY MP. They can choose early if they want to be an unemployed librarian or and unemployed nurse;)

Mancie 28-07-2011 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 921621)
Such a silly statement. Growth has slowed, yes, that isn't to say that it wouldn't have slowed or even declined if we hadn't reduced the deficit. You are suggesting an alternative (although with no detail) and just assuming it will provide all solutions. What a gamble for the sake of bashing the Tories.

Greece, Portugal, Spain.. you want us to be like them? You can't go on borrowing. People will stop lending you money, at which point you're screwed.

Well that's all very nice and lovely I'm sure.. whatever the Sun said we have never been in the same situation as Portugal or Greece.. the real facts are that this country was coming out of a world wide slump when the condems took power.
To think the IMF outlook was positive is a joke.. the IMF only made it clear that this governments economic policey would lead to slow or even negative growth.. and for Andrew to say that 0.2 growth is some sort of positive is typical party propaganda... the fact is we are closing down small business by making more people unemployed who would have used those businesses.. transfering invalids and the sick onto the JSA and at the same time cutting the staff at Job Centres.. cutting nurses by up to 30,000 in the next 5 years .. cutting the police by 17,000 and it goes on.
This government can, with some honesty say they were left with a bad economy.. but the way they go about things are just basic tory policies from long back.. cut jobs, benifits, living standards and hope it turns out in the end!

andrewb 28-07-2011 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 921804)
Well that's all very nice and lovely I'm sure.. whatever the Sun said we have never been in the same situation as Portugal or Greece.. the real facts are that this country was coming out of a world wide slump when the condems took power.
To think the IMF outlook was positive is a joke.. the IMF only made it clear that this governments economic policey would lead to slow or even negative growth.. and for Andrew to say that 0.2 growth is some sort of positive is typical party propaganda... the fact is we are closing down small business by making more people unemployed who would have used those businesses.. transfering invalids and the sick onto the JSA and at the same time cutting the staff at Job Centres.. cutting nurses by up to 30,000 in the next 5 years .. cutting the police by 17,000 and it goes on.
This government can, with some honesty say they were left with a bad economy.. but the way they go about things are just basic tory policies from long back.. cut jobs, benifits, living standards and hope it turns out in the end!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Financial Times
In an unusually positive annual health check on the economy, the IMF lauded the government’s bold £128bn strategy to eliminate the deficit within five years, saying it ”greatly reduces the risk of a costly loss of confidence in fiscal sustainability and will help rebalance the economy”.

That was shortly after the Government announced its deficit reduction plans. The stance hasn't changed since.

Without the a proper plan to reduce the deficit we would follow Greece. Interest rates would be higher and as a result growth would be less; more businesses would go under finding borrowing costs too high; people would struggle to pay mortgages; the Government would pay even more money to bankers in interest payments instead of spending on health and schools.

You say the Government are cutting nurses in the NHS by up to 30,000. Yet you'd rather support the previous government who did not ring fence NHS spending at all - they would have slashed it. The fact is that, despite inheriting an economy in dire states, the coalition have delivered 2,500 more doctors in the NHS, 200 more nurses and 3,500 fewer managers.

The Government might well be reducing jobs in the public sector. Over the last year 143,000 public sector jobs went. 520,000 private sector ones were created in their place.

I disagree with the Coalition on many things but they are right to reduce state spending. Government cannot go on spending more hard earned taxpayers money than it gets in. It's not sustainable and it just leaves future generations less policy making choice and makes them pay it all back on our behalf.

cashman 28-07-2011 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 921807)

I disagree with the Coalition on many things but they are right to reduce state spending. Government cannot go on spending more hard earned taxpayers money than it gets in. It's not sustainable and it just leaves future generations less policy making choice and makes them pay it all back on our behalf.

yep reduction in state spending had to happen, doubt very much if this is the way to do it, but only time will tell.:eek: pity foreign aid wasn't reduced as part of the austerity package.:rolleyes:

cashman 28-07-2011 07:58

everyone disagrees wi their own party on certain things andrew, but to say you disagree on "Many" things wi the coalition,is to my mind a perfect example of the owd saying- "Put a Pig in a Blue Rosette n yeh will still support it":rolleyes::D

jaysay 28-07-2011 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 921819)
everyone disagrees wi their own party on certain things andrew, but to say you disagree on "Many" things wi the coalition,is to my mind a perfect example of the owd saying- "Put a Pig in a Blue Rosette n yeh will still support it":rolleyes::D

Ya but it will be a better class of pig cashy:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

cashman 28-07-2011 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 921824)
Ya but it will be a better class of pig cashy:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

oh i'm well aware of that fact, the tories always think there superior.:tongueout

jaysay 28-07-2011 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 921827)
oh i'm well aware of that fact, the tories always think there superior.:tongueout

When it comes to Cameron and Mr Ed your certainly right:D

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 09:55

what a load of rubbish our debts havent come down but have gone up under the tories,its all ideology we still find money to lend to ireland and then reduce their interest rate we still use our bombers in libya see if you look carefully how come the tories are spending more now than labour ever did in a year Public Spending Chart for United Kingdom 1900-2011 - Central Government Local Authorities wheres all the money going:confused:

jaysay 28-07-2011 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921847)
what a load of rubbish our debts haven't come down but have gone up under the tories,its all ideology we still find money to lend to ireland and then reduce their interest rate we still use our bombers in libya see if you look carefully how come the tories are spending more now than labour ever did in a year Public Spending Chart for United Kingdom 1900-2011 - Central Government Local Authorities wheres all the money going:confused:

Probable most of it is going on servicing the debt left by Brown and Company the interest on that debt alone is £43 billion a year before we start to tackle the actual debt, maybe if over previous 13 years Brown first as chancellor the in cahoots with his little Darling had not borrowed money like there was no tomorrow to carry on their reckless spending we wouldn't be in the hole we're in now

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 16:52

nope paying private companies thinking it wont go through public spending figure which is a waste of money because they get less service by paying more because its for the shareholder profit.thats what you call wasting money..and andrew b it takes 520,000 people to do what the public sector done lol there is an average of 400,000 jobs on jobcentre plus which these figures are from .about 200,000 are part time at least 150,000 temporary through agencies which leaves 50,000 full time for a population of millions your having a laugh. why is there more people now claiming jobseekers now than there was when labour left office:confused:

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2011 17:35

Please, please, learn some basic punctuation.
A capital letter at the start of a sentence....a full stop at the end. A comma when you would pause for breath.
Your posts are a nightmare to make sense of.

I have to admit I have given up on your last one.

jaysay 28-07-2011 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 921927)
Please, please, learn some basic punctuation.
A capital letter at the start of a sentence....a full stop at the end. A comma when you would pause for breath.
Your posts are a nightmare to make sense of.

I have to admit I have given up on your last one.

It might be an idea if he knew just a bit of something he talks about, at least its readable when he links the Guardian, or in other words readable rubbish ;)

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 18:41

its funny when people bring in punctuation into it when somebodies been caught out towing the party line when its debatable if its true. so all through the years there has been no private sector jobs, now the tories come in they are taking the credit for creating private jobs when all along these jobs have been in existance all along.when ive been looking through the internet it has come to mind there is less than usual and the dole queue is growing.i would like statisics saying how many people are working less than 25 hours a week;) or are in temporary work without a contract it would be interesting:rolleyes:

cashman 28-07-2011 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921956)
its funny when people bring in punctuation into it

Its called giving em the bullets, but yer too numb to realize.:rolleyes:

jaysay 28-07-2011 18:54

Quote:

its funny when people bring in punctuation into it when somebodies been caught out towing the party line when its debatable if its true. so all through the years there has been no private sector jobs, now the tories come in they are taking the credit for creating private jobs when all along these jobs have been in existance all along.when Ive been looking through the internet it has come to mind there is less than usual and the dole queue is growing.i would like statisics saying how many people are working less than 25 hours a week;) or are in temporary work without a contract it would be interesting:rolleyes:

There's only you and lochinvar down London that have twigged that today's crap is labours folly from their 13 years of profligate spending, you can't spend money you ain't got, and to carry on borrowing at the scale Brown was doing was tantamount to lemmings jumping off a cliff. This country is always the same after any period of Labour Government Wilson in the sixties, the only Prime minister ever to devalue the pound, Sonny Jim in the seventies Crisis what crisis and good old Gordon, there's no money left we've spent it all, they always leave a tip for others to clean up, and there's only clowns like you who can't see it

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 19:17

money needed spending as the infrastructre was falling apart. the problem is in days gone by the country would have twice as much revenue coming in as tax revenue.thatcher and her cronies asset stripped the country of assets selling everything of worth to their cronies changing the industries to the service industries and destroying the manufacturing industry in this country. the utility shares are the only ones to keep their price in this country as the shareholder takes their profit and more money goes out the country in tax avoidance schemes.unemployment is not the answer.

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 19:24

money needed spending as the infrastructre was falling apart. the problem is in days gone by the country would have twice as much revenue coming in as tax revenue.thatcher and her cronies asset stripped the country of assets selling everything of worth to their cronies changing the industries to the service industries and destroying the manufacturing industry in this country. the utility shares are the only ones to keep their price in this country as the shareholder takes their profit and more money goes out the country in tax avoidance schemes.unemployment is not the answer.
what is plan b what is the growth plan.letting unemployment rise taking police of the streets,sacking nurses, doctors,taking dangerous risks by shutting down coast guard stations etc this tome next year we will be in a double dip as the cuts and inflation hit hard

MargaretR 28-07-2011 19:28

If you made your posts easier to read you may well not need to repeat yourself as often as you do.

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2011 19:29

Quote:

its funny when people bring in punctuation into it when somebodies been caught out towing the party line when its debatable if its true. so all through the years there has been no private sector jobs, now the tories come in they are taking the credit for creating private jobs when all along these jobs have been in existance all along.when ive been looking through the internet it has come to mind there is less than usual and the dole queue is growing.i would like statisics saying how many people are working less than 25 hours a week;) or are in temporary work without a contract it would be interesting:rolleyes:

What are you talking about man?
Who is toeing the party line...and what party??
What is debatable?
You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

3 full stops, and one comma, no capitals.....and still no damn sense at all.
Now I know why you do all that cutting and pasting, it is because you cannot, for the life of you, put an argument together using plain english.

I am sorely tempted to give you a dollop of red stuff. Not for your skewed point of view, or your obvious political allegiance, but for the extremely poor way you convey these.
You really make us work hard to make any kind of sense out of what you post.
And this has nothing at all to do with politics

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 19:47

Cataracts, hips, knees and tonsils: NHS begins rationing operations - Health News, Health & Families - The Independent while labour fixed to waiting list to acceptable, the tories drag us back to the eighties;)

DaveinGermany 28-07-2011 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921981)
the tories drag us back to the eighties;)

Wouldn't that be nice, just think we'd not have the problem of immigration we've got now & we certainly wouldn't be blindly accepting everything coming out of Europe. :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2011 19:56

You took the words right out of my mouth.

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 22:37

well not what david cameron says;) UK Tory leader: immigration is good for Britain so the tories are not the party to stop immigration ,deluded;)

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 22:39

http://www.channel4.com/news/student...rpayments?3564 stealing money is the tory way

garinda 28-07-2011 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922036)

We've already told you, we think you're a Tory plant, undertaking some not very clever reverse pyscology.

Knowing we Brits always feel sorry for the underdog, and will therefore vote Conservative, after suffering all this guff.

cmonstanley 28-07-2011 22:46

and still telling lies SureStart Centres 'Have Not Shut'

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 01:30

and the gravy train keeps rolling Liam Donaldson takes up role with lobbying firm APCO

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 01:39

your caring caring tory party NHS delays operations 'as it waits for patients to die or go private' - Telegraph

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 01:51

will they do the honourable and keep british jobs safe This is Derbyshire | Proof rail deal should have been scrapped

andrewb 29-07-2011 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921919)
nope paying private companies thinking it wont go through public spending figure which is a waste of money because they get less service by paying more because its for the shareholder profit.thats what you call wasting money..and andrew b it takes 520,000 people to do what the public sector done lol there is an average of 400,000 jobs on jobcentre plus which these figures are from .about 200,000 are part time at least 150,000 temporary through agencies which leaves 50,000 full time for a population of millions your having a laugh. why is there more people now claiming jobseekers now than there was when labour left office:confused:

Office for National Statistics. http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk0711.pdf

andrewb 29-07-2011 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 921981)
Cataracts, hips, knees and tonsils: NHS begins rationing operations - Health News, Health & Families - The Independent while labour fixed to waiting list to acceptable, the tories drag us back to the eighties;)

Conveniently forgetting that Labour would have slashed the NHS budget where as it's actually increasing under the Coalition? Perhaps the fact that Labour were going to cut the NHS budget might provoke you into realising that the Government has been spending way beyond the amount of money it gets in.

That's the reason we need NHS reform because despite the budget increasing it's not keeping up with an ageing population that is living much longer.

cashman 29-07-2011 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 922057)

That's the reason we need NHS reform because despite the budget increasing it's not keeping up with an ageing population that is living much longer.

I wonder why? perhaps the money went elsewhere, aint impossible the Pension Funds are a prime example.:eek:

Margaret Pilkington 29-07-2011 08:00

My, my C'mon....haven't you been a busy boy. All that cutting and pasting(lazy,lazy,lazy).
It must have left you so tired.
I don't beleive you actually read or understand any of this stuff. If you did, you would be able to put a post together, and actually discuss what you have read, be able to give us your own opinions on what has been written. Perhaps using examples, such as the impact the article discusses, is having on your daily life.

Your posts are tedious, hard to decipher...... or are just links that are biased against one major political party. Same old, same old.

jaysay 29-07-2011 08:53

Quote:

Conveniently forgetting that Labour would have slashed the NHS budget where as it's actually increasing under the Coalition? Perhaps the fact that Labour were going to cut the NHS budget might provoke you into realising that the Government has been spending way beyond the amount of money it gets in.

Thought you may just have mentioned Andrew that the only party ever to cut NHS spending in real terms was the Wilson Labour government in the 60s;)

jaysay 29-07-2011 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922061)
My, my C'mon....haven't you been a busy boy. All that cutting and pasting(lazy,lazy,lazy).
It must have left you so tired.
I don't believe you actually read or understand any of this stuff. If you did, you would be able to put a post together, and actually discuss what you have read, be able to give us your own opinions on what has been written. Perhaps using examples, such as the impact the article discusses, is having on your daily life.

Your posts are tedious, hard to decipher...... or are just links that are biased against one major political party. Same old, same old.

Margaret he's not tedious, he's just left wing newspaper headline grabbing prat

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 10:17

no not lazy just gathering evidence that this goverment is clueless and bad for your health some more jobs go BBC News - MoD to cut further 7,000 civilian jobs they are just printing the truth that the goverment dont want you to know.and the tories would rather you die as they want to privatise the nhs they are spending more on the nhs as the proposals they are pushing through are costing £2 billion extre just to set up the proposals which is wasting money.the reason they want private firms in is to lay the foundations of privatasion so they dont need to pay anybody off when they sell the nhs off i remember the 80s de ja vu

Margaret Pilkington 29-07-2011 10:23

You are lazy.....and tedious. You only ever post stuff for contentious reasons. You never actually discuss your thoughts on the articles that you provide links to. How do we know if you have read them, let alone, understand them?
They are just soundbites...something that the Blair government used a lot of.
Headlines are just to grab your attention. That is all you ever try to do.

jaysay 29-07-2011 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922097)
no not lazy just gathering evidence that this goverment is clueless and bad for your health some more jobs go BBC News - MoD to cut further 7,000 civilian jobs

Have you not stopped to think that even though Accy Wed is certainly no Tory (that's Tory with a capital T by the way) stronghold nobody and I mean nobody (except Mancie) ever agrees with you, save yourself the trouble and go on holiday with BEE, he might just knock some common sense into you, but I doubt it. Oh by the way if you think this Government are useless, the last lot were totally and utterly incompetent, well in actual fact they were

jaysay 29-07-2011 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922100)
You are lazy.....and tedious. You only ever post stuff for contentious reasons. You never actually discuss your thoughts on the articles that you provide links to. How do we know if you have read them, let alone, understand them?
They are just soundbites...something that the Blair government used a lot of.
Headlines are just to grab your attention. That is all you ever try to do.

Well there's one thing Margaret, if ever the Guardian and Independent got to paid access on the Internet, our friend will be really knackered;)

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 10:47

Things are bad and the fundamentals of the economy are poor. But this is in large part because for the last 30 years or so far too much emphasis has been placed in the financial services sector (and firms like Tulett Prebon) rather than in the sectors that can actually create real growth and wealth like manufacturing.

However the problem with debt has been much worse in the past.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z_3bgQQpLB...0/debt-gdp.jpg

The current discourse about national debt in the media and in politics is incredibly dumbed down. Alot people seem to assume that they understand economics because at a personal level they spend and earn money, have bank accounts, have mortgage debt etc but this understanding of personal finance is not relevant to trying to understand macroeconomics and long term economic trends and cycles. Trying to pin the blame for global economic meltdown on the Chancellor of a middle sized European economy is quite frankly, insane.

Margaret Pilkington 29-07-2011 10:51

Clever boy.
Where did you cut and paste that from then?
I know it isn't your own handiwork...it is punctuated.

Benipete 29-07-2011 10:56

Quote:

no not lazy just gathering evidence that this goverment is clueless and bad for your health some more jobs go BBC News - MoD to cut further 7,000 civilian jobs they are just printing the truth that the goverment dont want you to know.and the tories would rather you die as they want to privatise the nhs they are spending more on the nhs as the proposals they are pushing through are costing £2 billion extre just to set up the proposals which is wasting money.the reason they want private firms in is to lay the foundations of privatasion so they dont need to pay anybody off when they sell the nhs off i remember the 80s de ja vu

Good.They've been dug in long enough with fixed ballpoints.:eek::D:D

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 10:57

ohh and a word of advice if anybody is getting dollars wait till next week when it crashes and america defaults.so much for the capitalist tory dream;) the share holder andbanks has raped and pillaged the uk economy in the last 30 years and it was leaderine who de regulated china must be awful nervous as it is the main manufacturing base who are the main lenders to nations in the world.;)

MargaretR 29-07-2011 11:08

I am convinced by Gerald Celente's trend forecasts too.
The dollar will crash and others will follow like dominoes.
Result - hyperinflation, food shortages, mass unemployment = a depression deeper than any before.

cmonstanley 29-07-2011 11:38

some good news northern rock public company has paid back a billion pounds today a good investment by gordon brown to save peoples homes jobs and investments.;)

Margaret Pilkington 29-07-2011 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922112)
ohh and a word of advice if anybody is getting dollars wait till next week when it crashes and america defaults.so much for the capitalist tory dream;) the share holder andbanks has raped and pillaged the uk economy in the last 30 years and it was leaderine who de regulated china must be awful nervous as it is the main manufacturing base who are the main lenders to nations in the world.;)

Would you like to translate that for us then?

jaysay 29-07-2011 18:13

Quote:

Ya so do I and we ended up with one of the strongest economies in the world until Gormless Gordon got his sticky little fingers on it, now we're back to banana republic states, you can stick Labour where monkey's shove nuts, Just a little tip, when your English is at year 5 level it might be an Idea if you downloaded a spell check, it helps honest

garinda 29-07-2011 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922117)
some good news northern rock public company has paid back a billion pounds today a good investment by gordon brown to save peoples homes jobs and investments.;)

1 trick http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...FI9pGb7Cuh06uw

Alan Varrechia 29-07-2011 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 922205)
Ya so do I and we ended up with one of the strongest economies in the world until Gormless Gordon got his sticky little fingers on it, now we're back to banana republic states, you can stick Labour where monkey's shove nuts, Just a little tip, when your English is at year 5 level it might be an Idea if you downloaded a spell check, it helps honest

John, you could sell him your spell checker. One careful owner never used....... :hidewall::hidewall::hidewall::hidewall::D:D:hidew all::hidewall::hidewall:

Mancie 30-07-2011 00:49

I think we all know what this thread has turned into...anyone who dares to post links that highlight the reality of what is happening in this country are soon shot down and ridiculed, no matter if the content is relevant to what even an idiot must know are bad for this country.
The NHS is again under pressure from this government and lives are lost because of cuts they told us would not happen.. the massive cuts in the police that even an idiot knows means higher crime.

http://www.channel4.com/news/governm...wn-nhs-reforms

Mancie 30-07-2011 03:03

l'll leave the tories with this oldie but goody :D.. looks like nowt much will change from the last time you lot were in power:

‪Beasely Steet‬‏ - YouTube

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2011 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 922287)
I think we all know what this thread has turned into...anyone who dares to post links that highlight the reality of what is happening in this country are soon shot down and ridiculed, no matter if the content is relevant to what even an idiot must know are bad for this country.
The NHS is again under pressure from this government and lives are lost because of cuts they told us would not happen.. the massive cuts in the police that even an idiot knows means higher crime.

Government 'planning to water down NHS reforms' - Channel 4 News

What tommy rot Mancie. It is nothing at all like that.
But that is how you want to see it....and so that is how it must be...for you!

You think that posting Headline links from newspapers without any discussion about what they mean to the poster is valid?
It is a Discussion Forum.......most of us, if we post a link to a newspaper article, will post what that means on a personal level.
I don't believe that Cmon reads any of the stuff he posts as links. If he did he would have a better command of how to post a clearly defined point of view

garinda 30-07-2011 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 922287)
I think we all know what this thread has turned into...anyone who dares to post links that highlight the reality of what is happening in this country are soon shot down and ridiculed

Yes, by many different people, with no political agenda.

So as a piece of propoganda, cutting and pasting other peoples' views, it really isn't working.

I wonder how many people bother to click the links?

I certainly don't.

Nor do I bother reading any text posted.

It's just a blur of badly spaced, poorly punctuated, pattern of letters.

Personally I think it's doing the exact opposite of what's intended.

In public relation terms it's a disaster, in that it more than likely encourages sympathy for the government.

jaysay 30-07-2011 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 922228)
John, you could sell him your spell checker. One careful owner never used....... :hidewall::hidewall::hidewall::hidewall::D:D:hidew all::hidewall::hidewall:

That's just it Alan I do use my spell check because I like to try and attempt to write things on here that are readable by other users. Our friend up north posts links on here because he's too lazy to write things out himself, which in someway is a godsend.

It must be quite obvious to the guy that he has a big problem with the written word, yet can't be bothered to even try and alleviate the problem, you can download a spell check for nothing.

Lets face it I agree with Garinda, I have never once click on a link put up by this guy and never will, but when you come on here seven days a week slagging of the Government, you would think he'd make an effort to spell Government correctly;)

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2011 13:56

I can quite understand someone whoe defends the ideologies of their chosen political party...but I do not recall either Mancie or Cmon ever criticising the job done by either the Blair government(though I prefer it when it is spelt B'Liar) or the Brown government....they both did some very questionable things...but did either of these Accywebbers draw our attention to them with links to Headlines in newspapers? I don't know...perhaps someone with better memory than mine can enlighten me....and perhaps a link to the post would be acceptable in this case.

jaysay 30-07-2011 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922376)
I can quite understand someone whoe defends the ideologies of their chosen political party...but I do not recall either Mancie or Cmon ever criticising the job done by either the Blair government(though I prefer it when it is spelt B'Liar) or the Brown government....they both did some very questionable things...but did either of these Accywebbers draw our attention to them with links to Headlines in newspapers? I don't know...perhaps someone with better memory than mine can enlighten me....and perhaps a link to the post would be acceptable in this case.

You can't link to something which doesn't exist Margaret

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2011 14:39

Yes, John, I know...but if there did just happen to be a post that someone had seen from either of these members......critical of the previous incumbents, in a way that they are over the current government, (which they proclaim is Tory....... but we all know it is a coalition), then I would be prepared to read it and discuss it with them anytime.
I won't hold my breath waiting.

jaysay 30-07-2011 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922391)
Yes, John, I know...but if there did just happen to be a post that someone had seen from either of these members......critical of the previous incumbents, in a way that they are over the current government, (which they proclaim is Tory....... but we all know it is a coalition), then I would be prepared to read it and discuss it with them anytime.
I won't hold my breath waiting.

I'm lucky in that department I can't hold my breath:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2011 14:43

wouldn't want you to John...not good for your health.

Mancie 31-07-2011 03:16

I do see a pattern developing here..yes John.. quite right John..yes Margaret ..took the words out of my mouth ..I agree Margaret... Yes but the lefties are talking kak Margaret.. I agree John..lazy links to the downfall of the country..I agree Margaret I mean?:D

Mancie 31-07-2011 03:34

Quote:

Anyone with half a sense knows when the tories talk about reforming the NHS they really mean privitisation.. this is nothing new and most of us know what the score is.. if you feel the need to lie in an open forum then it's on your back.. maybe that's why you are the tea boy, and I hope you always will be .

cmonstanley 31-07-2011 04:59

the proof in is in the pudding this is what the tories are about.this would be a strategic move Use your Facebook account to Sign in on other Websites | Facebook anybody who cant see this must be politically blind.

cmonstanley 31-07-2011 07:47

more proof BBC News - NHS funds moved to richer areas, Labour says

Wynonie Harris 31-07-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 922507)
I do see a pattern developing here..yes John.. quite right John..yes Margaret ..took the words out of my mouth ..I agree Margaret... Yes but the lefties are talking kak Margaret.. I agree John..lazy links to the downfall of the country..I agree Margaret I mean?:D

Yes, and I see a pattern developing too, Mancie...cut-and-paste...gibberish...cut-and-paste...gibberish...ad infinitum.

What a pity that the Accyweb members who are actually in the Labour party don't see fit to come on here and tell us what Labour would do to tackle the situation if they were in power.

jaysay 31-07-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922517)

Labour says:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:Labour don't know their armpit from their elbow as they've proved year after year after year,

andrewb 31-07-2011 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 922508)
Anyone with half a sense knows when the tories talk about reforming the NHS they really mean privitisation.. this is nothing new and most of us know what the score is.. if you feel the need to lie in an open forum then it's on your back.. maybe that's why you are the tea boy, and I hope you always will be .

Don't be stupid. You're talking crap.

It's always going to be for those most in need rather than those with the cash to pay. Again, you don't mention that you support a party that would have slashed the NHS budget in England. The only place that has cut the NHS is Wales, can you guess who is in power there?

If it was the Tories cutting you'd be screaming the place down. Appears you are glossing over it in this case. Interesting.

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2011 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 922507)

If this is your attempt at humour then it doesn't do you justice.

And did you post any criticism of the Blair/Brown administration?
To be balanced, you would have to have found things that their administration did, that you didn't like....or, be critical of some of their policies.
You posted, some time ago that you have no political allegiance....this thread proves otherwise.
John and I do have things in common. We are from the same era, experienced the same kind of growing up, like some of the same music(because we are of the same era)......but I do not share the same political ideologies....although I would think that Johns' ideologies have mellowed over the years.

And just for your background information. I am the eldest of seven children, experienced extreme poverty as a child, with a war damaged father who couldn't work for years.......the perfect background for a TORY...eh?

jaysay 31-07-2011 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922538)
If this is your attempt at humour then it doesn't do you justice.

And did you post any criticism of the Blair/Brown administration?
To be balanced, you would have to have found things that their administration did, that you didn't like....or, be critical of some of their policies.
You posted, some time ago that you have no political allegiance....this thread proves otherwise.
John and I do have things in common. We are from the same era, experienced the same kind of growing up, like some of the same music(because we are of the same era)......but I do not share the same political ideologies....although I would think that Johns' ideologies have mellowed over the years.

And just for your background information. I am the eldest of seven children, experienced extreme poverty as a child, with a war damaged father who couldn't work for years.......the perfect background for a TORY...eh?

Well Margaret you have to agree he is a comedian, not a very good one but a comedian, the post you quoted on was rather funny really, and wouldn't have read it without your help, I long since stopped reading is left wing clap trap, make coming on here far more pleasant, its no use baring our friend from the north because he's just a clown, full stop. And your right I have mellowed, I only dislike Graham half as much as I used to:D just joke Graham:s_aim1:

DaveinGermany 31-07-2011 11:46

Before things degenerate into a slanging match about NHS reforms & which party is responsible for "Privatisation" I would invite the acolytes of both sides to have a look at this ..... it appears each party is as bad as the other when it comes to selling the public short.

http://www.newsunspun.org/article/neither-major-uk-party-can-be-trusted-with-the-nhs

To my mind the most telling sentence is the following taken from the final paragraph :

"Labour do not provide the alternative to this problem, but have a proven history of implementing the same broad neoliberal policy that is being unleashed by the conservative government today."

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2011 12:04

That is definitely worth a read.
It shows how the NHS has been used by all the major parties as a political football.

Wynonie Harris 31-07-2011 18:03

Vey interesting, Dave, and thanks for posting. Certainly a damning indictment of both major parties:

"What is happening now to the NHS is by any standards a brutal, regressive move. It must be understood, however, that New Labour do not provide the alternative to this problem, but have a proven history of implementing the same broad neoliberal policy that is being unleashed by the conservative government today. Much like the presence of many Labour party groups at the March 26th ‘March for the Alternative’, and Ed Miliband speaking at the rally following the march, their flagrant criticism of the Conservative party for NHS ‘reforms’ is hypocritical. Those who want to save the NHS in the long term should consider moving their political support very far away from the existing major parties in the UK."

Is this why Graham, Bernard, Claytonender, Ken and all the other Accyweb Labour stalwarts are so silent on the subject? :confused:

jaysay 31-07-2011 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 922623)
Vey interesting, Dave, and thanks for posting. Certainly a damning indictment of both major parties:

"What is happening now to the NHS is by any standards a brutal, regressive move. It must be understood, however, that New Labour do not provide the alternative to this problem, but have a proven history of implementing the same broad neoliberal policy that is being unleashed by the conservative government today. Much like the presence of many Labour party groups at the March 26th ‘March for the Alternative’, and Ed Miliband speaking at the rally following the march, their flagrant criticism of the Conservative party for NHS ‘reforms’ is hypocritical. Those who want to save the NHS in the long term should consider moving their political support very far away from the existing major parties in the UK."

Is this why Graham, Bernard, Claytonender, Ken and all the other Accyweb Labour stalwarts are so silent on the subject? :confused:

They've no points to score Wyn, because they're not interested in national politics you know;)

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2011 19:13

There is some truth in what John says(sorry Mancie)......local politics and national politics are something very different, but......to be a follower of a particular party, you must support some of the core values of that party...even if you are only a local councillor(the 'only' isn't meant to be derogatory either) you must believe in the ideologies of that party or you wouldn't stand for election in any capacity.

Though I am sure that the people you mention Steve, have not much more influence than you and me on political policies.

jaysay 01-08-2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922633)
There is some truth in what John says(sorry Mancie)......local politics and national politics are something very different, but......to be a follower of a particular party, you must support some of the core values of that party...even if you are only a local councillor(the 'only' isn't meant to be derogatory either) you must believe in the ideologies of that party or you wouldn't stand for election in any capacity.

Though I am sure that the people you mention Steve, have not much more influence than you and me on political policies.

Think you've got that spot on Margaret, if you wear the rosette, you can't pick and choose n as much as "i'm not interested in national politics I'm only interested in what happens in my local community, if thats what they think they shouldn't stand as an independant end of story

cmonstanley 01-08-2011 13:22

now the manufacturing industry is contracting ,lets see what so called reason they can blame it on.i know its too warm;)

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922753)
now the manufacturing industry is contracting ,lets see what so called reason they can blame it on.i know its too warm;)

wot, No link???????????
Is your cut and paste broken?

cmonstanley 01-08-2011 16:15

BBC News - UK manufacturing sector contracts in July i told you no money in economy jobs go:( we are now reaching the roundabout of recession:(

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 16:38

Oh......how sad, you have managed to fix your cut and paste facility.
I suppose now we will be 'treated' to more sensationalist headlines.
Have you nothing better to do?

jaysay 01-08-2011 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922785)
Oh......how sad, you have managed to fix your cut and paste facility.
I suppose now we will be 'treated' to more sensationalist headlines.
Have you nothing better to do?

I've decided to let him and Mancie play patsy, I want be answering anymore of his inane posts

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 922780)
BBC News - UK manufacturing sector contracts in July i told you no money in economy jobs go:( we are now reaching the roundabout of recession:(

Have you seen what is happening in the US .
Their manufacturing industry is goosed .......but I guess that is the fault of those damn tories too.
Did you also see that they tried to spend their way out of recession......that worked (NOT).

They are going to be having to find trillions in cuts to avoid some nasty financial consequences....consequences that would affect the world economy.

cashman 02-08-2011 22:24

Hows this grab yeh? i honestly think "Women" are to blame fer the mess the countrys in, Not the tories,Not labour, when thatcher first stood fer election 2 members of me family/extended family, who had voted labour all their lives, voted Tory, the excuse they had was a woman must do better! i also know quite a lot more did the same,:eek: before they croaked both of em told me they had been wrong n it was biggest regret, but it was too late the mentality of the nation had been changed forever, before anyone gets the hump, this aint a pop at women its just the way i see the facts.

Alan Varrechia 02-08-2011 22:29

Will you stop saying that Thatcher word. Brings me out in Hives makes me shudder feel sick. oooh need a bucket. :enough:

cashman 02-08-2011 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 923115)
Will you stop saying that Thatcher word. Brings me out in Hives makes me shudder feel sick. oooh need a bucket. :enough:

you are not alone Alan, i vowed many years ago to get ratarsed when she croaks, i can't drink anymore fer health reasons, BUT i never break a promise.;):D

Alan Varrechia 02-08-2011 22:54

I'm not supposed too but do, and there is one place i would like to pee, eventually but i think there might be a queue. :D:D:D