Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

cashman 28-10-2019 18:09

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Labour have just abstained on the vote so therefore NO ELECTION, i sincerly hope these Barstewards get what they deserve when an election comes.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2019 18:32

No surprise there then.
They abstained because they know full well that they would get kicked into the long grass.

Jimmy Clitheroe 28-10-2019 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233146)
It looks very much to me like Boris has sold us out, for his own ends, due to all the remoaners stopping Brexit any way they can if there is an election and Farage is in it thats were my votes going.

Johnson's problem is that he his too much of a bull at a gate, charging in without confirming facts and dotting the i's and t's. The Manx kipper fiasco was pretty typical and didn't inspire confidence with me - how can you raise an issue to prove a point and get every aspect of it wrong ?

Jimmy Clitheroe 28-10-2019 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233161)
Labour have just abstained on the vote so therefore NO ELECTION, i sincerly hope these Barstewards get what they deserve when an election comes.:mad:

A diabolical ploy by the desperate in the hope that something else comes along to take people's minds away from it all by the time an election is called. Well it won't wash - even if it was solidly proven to me that I would be substantially worse off after Brexit if they managed to blag a second referendum I would still vote out. These people who keep telling me I didn't know what I was voting for are both extremely arrogant and highly insulting. Sometimes I wish they would get their second vote because I believe it would result in a greater margin of victory to leave - still wouldn't satisfy the luvvies and those 'who know better' though would it...

cashman 28-10-2019 20:09

arrogant is just the word for those scumbags.

Margaret Pilkington 29-10-2019 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1233165)
A diabolical ploy by the desperate in the hope that something else comes along to take people's minds away from it all by the time an election is called. Well it won't wash - even if it was solidly proven to me that I would be substantially worse off after Brexit if they managed to blag a second referendum I would still vote out. These people who keep telling me I didn't know what I was voting for are both extremely arrogant and highly insulting. Sometimes I wish they would get their second vote because I believe it would result in a greater margin of victory to leave - still wouldn't satisfy the luvvies and those 'who know better' though would it...

No it wouldn't because it is blatantly obvious that these people wish to remain enslaved and captured by a foreign power/powers who only want our money.

The MP's currently in the HoC have never had to govern in the true sense of the word....and quite frankly they have no damn idea how to do it...and they would rather have someone else they can blame.
They want to take their fat salaries for doing burger all.

Bring on a GE let"s kick the traitors into touch

Gremlin 29-10-2019 14:37

Remember not so long ago when Mrs May called a GE and Hyndburn people were
saying “Nows the time to get rid of G Jones”?
He returned with a bigger majority.
I pray it’s reversed this time.
Would make a good Christmas present.

cashman 29-10-2019 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1233181)
Remember not so long ago when Mrs May called a GE and Hyndburn people were
saying “Nows the time to get rid of G Jones”?
He returned with a bigger majority.
I pray it’s reversed this time.
Would make a good Christmas present.

That was a great example of how dumb hyndburn folk can be. imho.

Margaret Pilkington 29-10-2019 15:14

Some people would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette.

My fervent hope this time is that the electorate in hyndburn have woken up to this man's ineptitude and will do the necessary.
I certainly won't be voting for him.

I await the political canvassers knocking on my door.
They will not be getting an easy time of it...any of them!

Jimmy Clitheroe 29-10-2019 23:10

Just had a pleasant day out in Brussels with the missus and came across this...….http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ent-bu/cat/500

...can we please have this apply

Jimmy Clitheroe 29-10-2019 23:11

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ent-bu/cat/500http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ent-bu/cat/500

monkey hanger 30-10-2019 09:07

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1233184]Some people would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette.

thats been the broblem throughout the industrial north of england since i was a kid. thing is donkeys would do a better job as they do not lie or give answers to people that they want to hear.

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2019 14:34

I am tempted to retort 'globular objects....commonly known as bo££ocks.
Sorry for the crudity, but nothing else fits

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2019 14:36

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1233204]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1233184)
Some people would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette.

thats been the broblem throughout the industrial north of england since i was a kid. thing is donkeys would do a better job as they do not lie or give answers to people that they want to hear.

Spot on.
It is time that voters used their brains to determine who is fit to do the job.
Tradition doesn't cut it because the Labour Party traditions were ditched by Tony Blair( a pox on him).

dotti34 01-11-2019 00:17

I really don't understand all this Brexit thing but I thought I'd put my two-bob's worth in for what's it worth:

Politicians and nappies have one thing in common.
They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.

accybeme 01-11-2019 12:22

if the Brexit party contests every seat, I anticipate them wining around 40 seats, what's your guess

Exile on Spencer St 01-11-2019 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1233244)
if the Brexit party contests every seat, I anticipate them wining around 40 seats, what's your guess

I really hope you’re right, but I’d rather see them focus on 100 seats and win 40 of them than try and fund 650 contests.
In Hyndburn they should have a good chance, but only if everyone there who voted a LEAVE votes Brexit Party.
Quite why, if you voted LEAVE, you’d vote for any other party than Brexit I can’t understand because no other party, certainly not the usual three, will deliver what we all voted for in 2016.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...-of-democracy/
No ifs, vote Butt.

Less 01-11-2019 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233246)
I really hope you’re right, but I’d rather see them focus on 100 seats and win 40 of them than try and fund 650 contests.
In Hyndburn they should have a good chance, but only if everyone there who voted a LEAVE votes Brexit Party.
Quite why, if you voted LEAVE, you’d vote for any other party than Brexit I can’t understand because no other party, certainly not the usual three, will deliver what we all voted for in 2016.
No ifs, vote Butt.

I would hate Brexit to win in Hyndburn, only because it would prove how bad democracy has become, but, I would prefer them to win than our present representative.
You know the one, the champion of the Great Drain Robbery, about the only local thing he was temporarily passionate about he certainly isn't bothered about representing the majority of folk in the area.

cashman 01-11-2019 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1233247)
I would hate Brexit to win in Hyndburn, only because it would prove how bad democracy has become, but, I would prefer them to win than our present representative.
You know the one, the champion of the Great Drain Robbery, about the only local thing he was temporarily passionate about he certainly isn't bothered about representing the majority of folk in the area.

Its like i said Less its cos we were all thought too stupid.:(

Margaret Pilkington 01-11-2019 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233246)
No ifs, vote Butt.

I understand your logic, but my fear is that voting Brexit will divide the leave vote and may even let Labour into power.
It would be far better if there was some pact between the Tory party and the Brexit party.

I do not believe a word that comes out of Jeremy Corbyn's mouth....because he is not to be trusted.
If he were gifted votes, but not enough to govern, he would enlist the help of the LibDems and the SNP and we would be stuffed.
That is my nightmare.

I realise that the WA mooted by Boris is not Brexit....and I think that is understood by many.....and maybe if he got in with a workable majority, pressure could be brought to bear on him to ditch that treaty.

accybeme 01-11-2019 16:00

it's entirely in the hands of Boris all he has to do is ditch his deal, other than that the Brexit party will hold the power, if 10 dup's can hold power over the tory government, then if the Brexit party wins around 40 seats they will be able to control whoever wins the election

Less 01-11-2019 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233248)
Its like i said Less its cos we were all thought too stupid.:(

Thought of?

I suffer for my stupidity, I regret most profoundly the fact that I was stupid enough to put an X against his name when we first voted him in, had I known then what I know now I would have refused to spell X and instead soiled my ballot (do I mean spoiled? Nope thinking about it I did **** on the populous).

monkey hanger 02-11-2019 09:07

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

I do not believe a word that comes out of Jeremy Corbyn's mouth....because he is not to be trusted.
If he were gifted votes, but not enough to govern, he would enlist the help of the LibDems and the SNP and we would be stuffed.
That is my nightmare.

a nightmare we both share. anything where the lib undems and the snp hold some power fill me with dread and not just on the brexit issue.

Margaret Pilkington 02-11-2019 11:46

It seems as though as a snub to Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson has taken the possibility of a clean break with the EU off the table.

I think this is a big mistake...and I hope the electorate realise what this means.

So a vote for Boris means a vote for the re-heated May WA.....this leaves us tied to the EU,
Still paying in, but bystanders when it comes to formulating policy(not that we ever had much influence in that department in the past) also still shackled to the ECJ.
The transition period COULD last for a long time....any rules and regulations, however punitive, we would be required to follow.

So I may have to rethink how my vote will be cast.
I want to be out....right out, no single market, no customs union, no ECJ, no Freedom of movement....anything less than this is NOT leaving.

cashman 02-11-2019 12:23

agree,to me B.J. has sold out to the remoaner scum no doubt at all; cant speak for others but know what i'm doing.

Exile on Spencer St 04-11-2019 20:39

Interesting piece from a trade unionist writing in Spiked today:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...r-sovereignty/

Traditional Labour voters take note if you think the EU exists to help it’s workers.

Margaret Pilkington 04-11-2019 21:21

The EU exists for one reason and one reason only....that is to dominate other nations without a shot being fired....to take over the government and the peoples in such a way that they are unaware of the domination until it is too late.
They also exist to extract money from the nations that they dominate....but not all of them.....some will be beneficiaries for a time, until they too are securely ensnared.

Have a look at this.....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-EU-membership.

Or better still the original document FCO 30 - 1048... this is the level of duplicity of our past leaders....and they were all in it, just some more than others.

Exile on Spencer St 05-11-2019 16:33

Another argument highlighting the stupidity of Labour politicians claiming that only the EU will “protect workers’ rights”.

https://www.thefullbrexit.com/labour-rights-eu

The EU has systematically undermined the collective rights of workers and their trade unions, whilst at the same time offering minimal protections. It therefore remains surprising and perplexing that trade unionists should still place their hopes on a chimera.

Read more here:
https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-s...derstand-this/

cashman 05-11-2019 17:54

yeh cant put sense where there is none exile. that explains labour m.p.s

Margaret Pilkington 05-11-2019 20:44

It appears that if The current government is returned to power....and the WA agreement that is on the table now, goes through...Michel Barnier says we can expect a transition period of two to three years.
While Micheal Gove reckons that the transition period will end by the end of 2020.

During this transition period we will still be contributing to the coffers of the EU.....we will still be obliged to follow the rules which are passed into law without any input from us....we will be bystanders. The ECJ will still rule supreme.

The EU can pass punitive regulations and we will have to follow them.
Michel Barnier has never hidden the fact that he will punish the UK in any way that he can.

Boris Johnson says the a default withdrawal is not in his manifesto plans....but a default withdrawal with all remaining ties cut is a true Brexit....anything else is just smoke and mirrors....there is little difference between the May WA and what BJ wants to pass.

I really don't get it....if he gets back in, and the roost is cleared of remainers, why can't the Surrender Act(Benn) be repealed?

I am in a quandary as to just who will get my vote inthe coming election....the only thing I can say for sure is that it will not be for our current incumbent.
That IS definite!

Margaret Pilkington 06-11-2019 11:16

Electoral Calculus predicts that Labour will hold Hyndburn in the coming election.
I sincerely hope they are wrong....after all our current representative has done little or nothing for the area.
He won't be getting MY vote....I will vote anything but Labour.

monkey hanger 07-11-2019 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233360)
yeh cant put sense where there is none exile. that explains labour m.p.s

they are not that daft. its more of what they can cream off in their job as mp,s before they get a proper job in the house of lords.

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2019 10:09

Except that the House of Lords is NOT a proper job.
A proper job would entail actually DOING something rather than being paid for just turning up.
Remember that these old duffers(and I am an old duffer myself) have a fine life....they can get a taxi to the HoL paid for by us....they can have their fill of gin and tonics at subsidised rates.....and they can have a very good lunch....again subsidised by us.

Now, forgive me if I tell you that this is Most definitely......NOT work.
Wouldn't I like over £300 a DAY for snoozing on those benches.
Some folk do not have that kind of income for a week of hard graft....and NO perks.

cashman 07-11-2019 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1233388)
they are not that daft. its more of what they can cream off in their job as mp,s before they get a proper job in the house of lords.

thats the big difference, they are supporting themselves NOT there constituents, and sadly some are too dumb to see it.

monkey hanger 07-11-2019 10:57

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1233393]Except that the House of Lords is NOT a proper job.

was meant in jest but they would not see it that way. most pointless thing since Love Island.

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2019 19:03

Sorry, MH....thank you for the clarification.
My sense of humour seems to be missing at the moment.
I put it down somewhere and now have not a clue where it is!

Less 08-11-2019 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1233402)
Sorry, MH....thank you for the clarification.

Probably in the polling booth when you went to vote on the referendum.

monkey hanger 08-11-2019 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1233402)

there is nowt to laugh at anymore. even if there is you might be frightened to do so in fear of it causing offence to some one or minority group that live in the foothills of the andes.

Margaret Pilkington 08-11-2019 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1233407)
Probably in the polling booth when you went to vote on the referendum.

I wonder if it will still be there when I go to vote this time.
I somehow doubt it.

Margaret Pilkington 08-11-2019 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1233408)
there is nowt to laugh at anymore. even if there is you might be frightened to do so in fear of it causing offence to some one or minority group that live in the foothills of the andes.

That is so TRUE....the world has gone mad.

Exile on Spencer St 10-11-2019 16:00

Here’s some facts that you may find useful if any Labour Lackeys come calling at your door and starting spouting from their party script.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_nov_b...e_factsheet_11

Margaret Pilkington 10-11-2019 16:15

I am waiting for them to appear at my door....I'm ready.....really ready

Jimmy Clitheroe 10-11-2019 18:35

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/53...anian-election

A scene also replicated in most towns across the rest of Britain - I wonder how many of these will also be voting here on the 12th ? ( times 26 to account for the other member states not having an election in their homelands))

Jimmy Clitheroe 17-11-2019 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233146)
It looks very much to me like Boris has sold us out, for his own ends, due to all the remoaners stopping Brexit any way they can if there is an election and Farage is in it thats were my votes going.

I never trusted Johnson from the outset. For one he cowardly backed down when given the first opportunity to go for party leader (and thus PM). He has also consistently made cardinal errors that someone holding high office should capably avoid BUT.... given the fact that all the other candidates in the constituency I have a vote in are not just remainers but rabid remainers it's a case of casting a vote for the pile of excrement that stinks the least. It is a sad choice but reluctantly I must vote tory for the first time ever.

cashman 18-11-2019 09:16

thing is jimmy, i reckon in hyndburn, theres a lot of i always vote Labour idiots,and therefore i think Brexit may be the best way to change the vote?

Exile on Spencer St 20-11-2019 14:58

Good summation of Labour’s betrayal of working class voters and most of its former socialist principles from Brendan O’Neill.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...useful-idiots/

And if you think it’s written by a Tory, you couldn’t be more wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda...ill_(columnist)

Exile on Spencer St 20-11-2019 15:07

Oh, and the Unlib Dummicrats’ claim about a magic £50B EU ‘bonus’ may have just gone ‘pop’.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_nov_the_eu_costs_jobs

DaveinGermany 20-11-2019 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233878)
Oh, and the Unlib Dummicrats’ claim about a magic £50B EU ‘bonus’ may have just gone ‘pop’.

In all honesty Exile, the 50B only existed in Swinsons Unicorn infested sunny uplands of SwiFantasialand! Absolutely no basis in fact whichever way you juggle the numbers, pretty much like their vote result summations.

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2019 17:42

The woman is deluded....and she is liked almost as much as Nicola Sturgeon....neither of them will need to buy many Christmas cards.(maybe one each will do)

cashman 20-11-2019 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1233885)
The woman is deluded....and she is liked almost as much as Nicola Sturgeon....neither of them will need to buy many Christmas cards.(maybe one each will do)

to be honest i like her far less than sturgeon and i hate sturgeon.mind her constituency was in scotland.

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2019 18:09

Cashy, I know what you mean and I am with you.
They both have faces that you could slap.....and enjoy it.

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2019 18:36

There are a lot of pricey promises in their manifesto....with no indications as how they would be funded.
Yes there are some airy fairy plans to tax frequent international flyers....but no actual figures.
They want to revoke article 50....so not so democratic to the 17.4 million voters who want to leave.

It is all fairy floss...with little substance.

DaveinGermany 20-11-2019 18:56

Oh I don't know Ma, she'll probably borrow labours money orchard to harvest the required monies & it'll all be explained on how to get the best returns by that master of mathematics, the Abbottpotamous.

What could possibly go wrong??? :eek:

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2019 19:27

They KNOW that they do not need to worry about HOW they will fund these promises because they have not a hope in hell of being the party in power.
The only hope they have is to be part of a coalition....never good news either for the party or for the electorate.

I am hoping that there is a decisive majority for a party(preferably not the one that JC is the leader of...if that happens we are well and truly stuffed).

I do not trust the polls being trumpeted by the media.
It is similar to the 2017 election and that did not end well.

I have been telephone canvassed tonight and I did not give the canvasser any indication to how I will vote.

I know how I will vote, but they do not need to know.

cashman 20-11-2019 19:42

Funny Plymouth Uni has entered a load of students on the electoral roll and not informed them, no mention at all on main national news today about this FRAUD, i ask who is actually voting with these? this sort of thing happened LAST Election seemed to me to have been swept under the carpet then. i certainly cannot remember any court cases of people who voted twice then can anyone?

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2019 19:58

Just spotted that Cashy....along with a report that the Labour Party will (in the manifesto) remove the council tax discount for those who live alone.
This will penalise mainly elderly widows and widowers.

It is seen as a move to get those living alone to move out of their property and free it up for a family.
They do not consider that the people who will be affected have spent their whole lives contributing to society.

They want us to live in caves....keep chickens and pigs and ride bikes(they plan to increase punitively the road tax for private vehicles).

cashman 20-11-2019 20:29

anyone voting Labour these days is incredibly stupid, at first i found that hard to comprehend, but not now its the truth.

cashman 20-11-2019 20:40

just read a canadian liberal M.P. has labelled anti ISIS protesters as white supremacists that speaks volumes for liberals.

monkey hanger 21-11-2019 09:41

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

It is seen as a move to get those living alone to move out of their property and free it up for a family.
They do not consider that the people who will be affected have spent their whole lives contributing to society.

They want us to live in caves....keep chickens and pigs and ride bikes(they plan to increase punitively the road tax for private vehicles).[/QUOTE]

you should know what the labour party banner as always been. Do as i say and not as i do. if all those really enjoy high taxes, especially the stealth ones, then i would advise them to vote labour in there thousands as i,m sure they will in both our areas. just cannot wait till i pay more tax on my pension, increase in council tax for more vanity projects and another 15p a litre on fuel for us climate change deniers.

Jimmy Clitheroe 21-11-2019 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233896)
just read a canadian liberal M.P. has labelled anti ISIS protesters as white supremacists that speaks volumes for liberals.

The Canadian "left" really is something else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vp1nMz8y5Y

Don't the "anti-fascists" see any irony in their behaviour ?

cashman 21-11-2019 12:48

true but our left is learning fast,:eek:

Margaret Pilkington 21-11-2019 13:24

No, the thing about anti fascists is that they can take the speck out of your eye, but cannot see the plank in theirs.
As for irony, it is lost on them

Margaret Pilkington 21-11-2019 16:46

Today I got another sheet of Labour Party Sh...rubbish.
Andy Burnham is Supporting our erstwhile representative....well, whoopi doo.
Should that make me feel glad? Warm and fuzzy? More secure? Happy? Or what?

Why don't they print this crap on non shiny paper?
At least we could then use it to wipe our bum...!

DaveinGermany 23-11-2019 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1233894)
They want us to live in caves....keep chickens and pigs and ride bikes(they plan to increase punitively the road tax for private vehicles).

Ma you forgot the hair shirts & sack cloth grollies! :D

Margaret Pilkington 23-11-2019 16:57

Those will be the least of our worries if they get in, son.

You do not make the poor rich, by making the rich poor.

There will be tax hikes taken from workers to ensure that the shirkers do not need to get off their bottoms....the large companies that Corbyn plans to rinse will leave and take jobs with them.
There isn't going to be the money available for all those pipe dreams....free Broadband?
We won't be able to afford the electric to run it(he wants to nationalise that too, but it won't end well).

We all know that manifesto promises are worth nothing....well the ones that they tell us will give us something....those that take from us are the ones they honour...

It is like Jo Swinson and the myth of the 50 billion bonus if we do not leave the EU....have a look at this.

https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2019/1...elling-brexit/

I am not sure that this election will get us out of the doo-doo....it may land us in more of the brown smelly stuff.

Margaret Pilkington 23-11-2019 19:58

According to Katya Adler(an MEP) Michel Barnier has made it known in Brussels that it will be 'years and years and years' before the Uk gets any kind of trade deals with the EU.
He has said that the Uk cannot be seen to excel outside of the EU....and that before long we will be begging to rejoin.

If this proves to be true I hope that whoever is the head of government will walk away.
Even the BoE has revised its prognostication about how the UK will fare economically after we leave...this is the organisation(led of course by arch remainer Mark Carney) that said we would go down the pan if we left the EU....they have shanged their tune.
WHY....because nobody knows how things will pan out.
They didn't then and they don't now...it is all guesswork.

cashman 23-11-2019 20:23

Well if people will take threats from Barnier, they deserve what they get.

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2019 08:32

Cashy, these were not open threats....these were said privately.
We know that the EU is underhand....and we know that it is intransigent.
Not getting trade deals would (maybe) keep us in 'transition' mode.....where we STILL pay in, but have no say in the proceedings and are also controlled by the ECJ.

Unless of course there is some change in the government(a majority....getting rid of remainers, ditching the Benn law) and we leave cleanly....all ties cut.

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2019 09:13

Not getting trade deals would (maybe) keep us in 'transition' mode.....where we STILL pay in, but have no say in the proceedings and are also controlled by the ECJ.

Unless of course there is some change in the government(a majority....getting rid of remainers, ditching the Benn law) and we leave cleanly....all ties cut.

Exile on Spencer St 24-11-2019 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234020)
According to Katya Adler(an MEP) Michel Barnier has made it known in Brussels that it will be 'years and years and years' before the Uk gets any kind of trade deals with the EU.
He has said that the Uk cannot be seen to excel outside of the EU....and that before long we will be begging to rejoin..

A mere 15% of the UK’s ‘trade’ is with the EU.
The U.K. imports more from the EU than it exports. As things stand the U.K. would be the 27EU’s second biggest export market!
The EU stands to lose much, much more than the U.K. That is what terrifies Barnier and his creepy cronies.

https://facts4eu.org/static/media/br...-09_021019.pdf

As to trade deals, who needs the EU to make a trade deal.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_nov_singapore

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2019 09:39

I know that our trade with the EU has fallen.....and that trade is a two way street(if they apply swingeing tariffs then perhaps we do likewise)....but the people who were sitting in the HoC were insisting on deals with the EU.....so unless this election makes a big change, then we are (I think) still in the same situation(given the Benn law).
So it is a worry to think that the likes of Michel Barnier can keep us in a transition period indefinitely....and this would allow them (via the ECJ) to make sure we do not prosper.

That is the aim of the EU....to make sure we do NOT prosper.

We really need to cut all ties....no single market, no customs union, no ECJ ruling Supreme over our own judiciary(they are remainers enough as it is).

cashman 24-11-2019 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234033)

i realise they were said privately, but they are still threats, simole as in my eyes,

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2019 10:16

They we're not threats until they were made public...they were underhanded remarks.
Which goes to show that these so called negotiators will use all manner of tactics to subvert the will of the British electorate.
These men over in Brussels were the puppet masters of all the remainers skullduggery....and I reckon some funds to ensure the laws were passed that prevented us from getting out.(cleanly)

The EU do not want us for anything other than our financial input......and once we are gone there is going to have to be some reckoning done.....more of the Eastern bloc will be allowed to join, but will pay nothing in, but will take funds from the EU.
Poland pays in something in the region of 4 billion per annum, but takes out 11 billion in benefits. This does not make financial sense.
They are all going to be expected to cough up more funds....I cannot see Germany and France picking up the bill.

If we were to stay in the EU(God forbid)....our costs would sky rocket, yet we would very likely get nothing more out of staying(unless you count EU migrants, because it would be a condition of staying that we adopt free movement and maybe even the Euro).
We should have been out 8 months ago, but for the meddling of MP's
Tell me why we should subsidise other countries to whom we have no alliance

Less 27-11-2019 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234045)
We should have been out 8 months ago, but for the meddling of MP's
Tell me why we should subsidise other countries to whom we have no alliance

Had we not been stitched up and betrayed, if honesty instead of lies had been the main priority of our representatives we would have been out far sooner than 8 months ago.

All we can hope is for another few years of underhand dealing and they will still insist on us remaining, a majority vote is not the will of the people that should be followed it is an attack on our M.P.s bank balances and should be screwed with until they get more.

Exile on Spencer St 27-11-2019 16:55

At last! We can now all finally understand what the term DEMOCRACY means to all those parties that want to defy the U.K. electorate and keep us snared in the EUSSR.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_nov_new_eu_rulers

In the EU democracy means voting for the person chosen by politicians and put up, unopposed, for election.

Apparently, this is Liberal and Democratic. :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 27-11-2019 17:06

This information should be posted through every letterbox in the UK...it is far more relevant than the scurrilous lies of our erstwhile representative(who I hope that the electorate of the borough have seen through).

cashman 27-11-2019 17:58

well heres one who has.

Less 28-11-2019 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1234092)
well heres one who has.

I shall blindly and without any real thought go to the polls and sign my name next to his (I thought the polls were supposed to be private but everytime I sign it with my X)
Anyhow he's labour and I'm fool enough to vote labour no matter who(m) they put up!

And if you believe the above bullsitting statement YOU must be a labour supporter.

Margaret Pilkington 28-11-2019 11:58

Not me.
I support no party on e regular basis.
I will go and put my mark anywhere other than next to the name of the person who has sold us down the river....who believes us to be ill educated.....those ill educated will put their cross next to his name(or that is what he hopes) so that he can continue to dip his bread in the rich political gravy.

That man has done NOTHING for the town.

Exile on Spencer St 28-11-2019 17:28

Great speech, despite the anti-Democrats trying to silence her, from Claire Fox as a follow up to yesterday’s ‘election’ of the EU politburo.

https://facts4eu.org/news

Also, expect a visit from Magic Grandpa Korbyn in Hyndburn any day now.

cashman 28-11-2019 18:00

I bet that visit aint advertised.

Margaret Pilkington 28-11-2019 18:46

I will check to see if I have some soft tomatoes....or a couple of eggs past their 'sell by'.....No on second thoughts he is not worthy of the effort.

Margaret Pilkington 29-11-2019 12:36

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...-seat-will-go/

I DO hope these predictions are correct.
But we cannot be complacent....we need to get out and vote.

Exile on Spencer St 30-11-2019 17:35

If anyone gets a Remoaner Party (there are so many out there) knocking on the door telling you we must remain the EU customs union or similar nonsense, just ask them how come 200 other independent states manage to sell £1.6trillion of goods to the EU without any trade deal!

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_nov_selling_to_the_eu

More facts you won’t get on the BBC

cashman 30-11-2019 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234124)
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...-seat-will-go/

I DO hope these predictions are correct.
But we cannot be complacent....we need to get out and vote.

Well sorry Graham it will be far from a disaster to me, if it does happen i can only say its "Self Inflicted"

Margaret Pilkington 30-11-2019 18:17

There are a lot of comments from what appear to be dyed in the wool Labour supporters though Cashy.
They must be seeing something different in the manifesto.

The current offering from the Labour Party is to make pensioners who have 20K income, pay an extra 1K in tax.....so all that about taxing the high earners is hogwash.

cashman 03-12-2019 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234151)
There are a lot of comments from what appear to be dyed in the wool Labour supporters though Cashy.
They must be seeing something different in the manifesto.

The current offering from the Labour Party is to make pensioners who have 20K income, pay an extra 1K in tax.....so all that about taxing the high earners is hogwash.

its a perfect demonstration of the I.Q. of many people that live round here,

Margaret Pilkington 03-12-2019 16:33

My thoughts exactly.

Exile on Spencer St 04-12-2019 08:34

Sshh! Don’t mention it but the EUSSR just had a birthday that no one, not even the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation, wanted to celebrate.
I wonder why...?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...lisbon-treaty/

Margaret Pilkington 04-12-2019 11:55

Again, this is information that should be placed before every voting adult....it says it all really about the way the mandarins within the EU have no concerns about democracy, because for them, it does not exist...their way or the highway....well for me, it's the highway.

cashman 05-12-2019 11:29

Well Corbyn says he listens to the queens Speech every morning,Proving to all but the teminally stupid, he has never heard one in his life, so is nothing but a liar, i notice this has been strangly missed by the main news channels, along with the fact Abbotts son has been charged with biting a policeman, is this sort of thing acceptable? it certainly is to the fools that are going to vote Labour.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 05-12-2019 19:53

Corbyn says what he thinks people want to hear.
Who would believe that he watches the Queen's speech when he would not got to the palace for some official event.
It is clear from his actions that he does not believe in the monarchy....and actions speak louder than words.

He also promised that if he were to be elected as PM he would hand over Chequers to a home less family....he knows that that promise will never be tested....and now he is saying that perhaps he would not be able to follow through as he does not know who owns Chequers.....well, even I know that Chequers belongs to the nation....and was given as a retreat for the prime minister of the country.

Jeremy Corbyn is a lying treacherous man, who should never ever be in charge of the country.
This man is not fit to run a bath, let alone a country.

Jimmy Clitheroe 05-12-2019 22:25

Corbyn isn't really the main reason not to vote Labour....
Diane Abbot - now there IS a real hardcore reason NOT to vote Labour....
She is pulled up for her ignorance on fiscal matters - calls out her detractors as racist
Pulled up over the hypocrisy of a "socialist" sending her son to an exclusive private school - labels any criticism as being racist
Has tried to suppress details of her son's arrest (for attacking an emergency worker on the day of the London Bridge attack)- feels that 'racist' feelings will prejudice his chances of a fair trial.

She is everything that is wrong with modern labour

Can't stand her because she lacks the intellect for high office....
is a complete hypocrite regarding her son's education...…
a disgrace for citing 'white privilege' when she is far more privileged than most hard working folk...…
Is insulting to people who have suffered REAL racism by calling out any criticism at her as being racist....

The criticism ISN'T racist - it's HONEST OPINION - you are NOT fit for parliament and most certainly NOT fit to govern....

GRRRR.... it's one of those days.....

monkey hanger 06-12-2019 10:02

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1234244]Corbyn says what he thinks people want to hear.
Who would believe that he watches the Queen's speech when he would not got to the palace for some official event.
It is clear from his actions that he does not believe in the monarchy....and actions speak louder than words.

thankyou for that margaret. as a lifelong republican it shows there is something good about corbyn after all.

monkey hanger 06-12-2019 10:07

[QUOTE=Jimmy Clitheroe;1234250]Corbyn isn't really the main reason not to vote Labour....
Diane Abbot - now there IS a real hardcore reason NOT to vote Labour....

excellent post that jimmy. funny how every time i think of the labour party i think of her and not corbyn. always thout of her as a racist myself just the opposite way round than the EDL show.

Exile on Spencer St 06-12-2019 15:02

Personally, of the two, I always thought Lou Costello was funnier than Abbott.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...olice-officer/

Margaret Pilkington 06-12-2019 18:23

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1234256]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1234244)
Corbyn says what he thinks people want to hear.

thankyou for that margaret. as a lifelong republican it shows there is something good about corbyn after all.

That wasn't my point though.
My point was he is dishonest, he is unpatriotic(not in despising the monarchy, but in the defamation of everything the U.K.stands for).
He is a terrorist apologist and sympathiser, he SAYS he has dealt with anti semitism within the party, but there is little evidence of this.

He is unworthy to be the leader of any party...and leadership comes from the top...he support the ultra left wing momentum which is more Marxist than socialist.
The rot set in when Tony Blair reconfigured the Labour Party....there are an awful lot of Champagne socialists.....(with social consciences, but yet they hang onto their money) and that isn't what socialism is about.

DaveinGermany 06-12-2019 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1234250)
Can't stand her because she lacks the intellect for high office....

Mate, she doesn't even have the intellect for the office broom cupboard!

cashman 06-12-2019 19:19

my view is Blair destroyed Labour, he was left with little choice in my view, with the society Thatcher created, personally he should not have done so, but i understand the reason behind it.

Margaret Pilkington 06-12-2019 19:21

Oh Son.....that made me chuckle.....
You are spot on though.