Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Exile on Spencer St 09-04-2019 15:30

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1226818)
That’s been the EU and May/Hammond’s plan from day two...

Oh, sorry, forgot Bercow’s influence too!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...ions-may-2018/

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2019 15:43

It is time these traitors were purged.

With two thirds of those in Parliament being on the remain side, it was always going to be an uphill struggle.
They will have their way.
Democracy is an illusion no more...it is dead.

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2019 20:41

Honourable members indeed!!!
Honourable members my Ar$e!

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2019 13:36

So there is an emergency EU summit this evening.
Those EU Mafia dons will decide whether to allow an extension to article 50....as if that were ever in doubt seeing as we are being shafted for £1 billion a month for the privilege of being insulted, humiliated and made a laughing stock of.

Macron has said he wants the Uk to remain until at least December....that there will be 'good behaviour' checks every three months. He has also said he wants to humiliate our PM....I think it is he who needs a behaviour check. It isn't like he hasn't got enough on his plate with the 'yellow vests'....five months of civil unrest says a lot about his leadership skills.

All this because of Cooper and Letwin....all (of course) supported by our spineless, gutless representatives and the old duffers in the upper chamber.

You could not make it up!

Hill Walker 10-04-2019 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226884)

You could not make it up!

'Yes Minister' and 'Yes Prime Minister' will never be the same again - pity I used to enjoy them.

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2019 14:07

no...can't say I ever found them funny...there was always the thought in my mind that that is what really happens and now(I am sorry to say) it seems like I was right.

This all feels very manufactured. a bit pre-ordained...scripted even.
The fact that money was put aside in 2018 for the election of MEP's stinks of fish...after all we should have been out by now and would have no need of these pointless elections.

Our PM dashing off to Berlin to get more instructions from the ones who are pulling the strings(Germany....but letting France think it is doing the ordering about...that's a woman for you. Letting a weak man THINK he is in charge...and Macron is a weak man or he would be in control of what is going wrong in his own country)

I really DO despair.

Gremlin 10-04-2019 17:22

I think that our parliament is holding back on an agreement on Brexit until after we have elected more pigs to the trough in the Euro parliament. That way their mates can have another few grand to top up their already unearned inflated pension.
I for one won’t be voting for any of them.

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2019 18:01

I won't either.
It is a pointless exercise...even if you are in favour of the EU....our votes make no difference...we are only allocated 8% voting power...very puny for a country that contributes so much.

I am currently considering my stance on voting in general....seeing as my vote counts for nothing....and yet maybe that is what the political classes would like....for us NOT to vote....they believe we are too thick to understand politics anyway.

Exile on Spencer St 10-04-2019 18:52

Gremlin, Margaret, that’s EXACTLY the response the Metroplitan Establishment wants.
For good people to do nothing, whilst they stuff their bank accounts and egos and laugh at our expense.
I won’t be voting at my next (Borough) election because there are only 3 identikit parties that I will never vote for again.
But, come any Eurine election or a general election where there is a pro-Brexit choice, they will get my vote.

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2019 19:04

Yes Exile...I understand that....and that is why I am seriously considering the way forward.

I will only vote for the politicians that can give me answers....and I will not vote for the main parties again....but what do you do if there is no candidate that puts up.for a different political party....one which would support those of us who feel politically betrayed and disenfranchised.

I know that the metropolitan establishment expect that kind of reaction.

There is a Kantar poll published today which gives the state of the political parties....telling us that Liebour is nine points ahead of the Conservative party....but these polls mean very little especially as this particular one gives no information about when it was conducted and the number of participants....that people take notice of these surprises me(and yet it doesn't really...it is just meaningless newspaper inches).

Gremlin 10-04-2019 19:06

If there is a pro brexit choice they will also get my vote, as long as they can convince me they are being truthful. Other wise its a No vote.

cashman 10-04-2019 19:23

For me there will only be the Brexit Party getting my vote if one stands, otherwise i spoil the ballot paper simple as.

Ryewolf90 10-04-2019 19:53

What we need is a None of the Above Party..... Apparently it costs £500 to stand in an election....

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2019 19:58

I just write on the ballot paper 'none of the above'.....if there is no-one that I can vote for.

Ryewolf90 10-04-2019 22:52

Well, it looks like the Brexit date is now Oct 31st with a review in June.... although if the Withdrawal Deal and Political Declaration is agree at any time then we would be out.

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2019 05:57

Except of course that accepting the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration does not get us out at all....and it is just what the Brussels Mafia intended. We will be further enmeshed in a situation that we clearly cannot escape from.

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2019 07:12

This extra time trapped in this corrupt organisation is costing us an extra 7 billion quid.
Think what could be done if that money was spent in this country..improving facilities, enhancing the infrastructure, benefitting communities.

Grrrrrrrrr!

Get us OUT!

cashman 11-04-2019 08:09

Nothing really shocks me, Parliament is to Blame for the whole shebang, ok Mays deal is crap. but most of Parliament NEVER wanted to leave it was us thick gets is how they view it.

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2019 09:31

Yes those hypocritical 'Honourable Members' followed their own agenda.

Except I do not think for one minute that we are 'thick'...but I do think they are duplicitous, lying two faced, unpatriotic individuals.(I would really like to tell you what I really think of them, but Cashy I think you know already the expletives that would describe them).

The whole lot of them need booting out.

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2019 09:41

Our politicians, representatives, the Peers of the realm are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

Gremlin 11-04-2019 09:51

Honorable members, my ar"e.
One of the Honorable members get jailed for some offence but on release is accepted back into the piggery they called Parliament.

cashman 11-04-2019 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1226932)
Honorable members, my ar"e.
One of the Honorable members get jailed for some offence but on release is accepted back into the piggery they called Parliament.

Yeh so the corrupt bitch could vote.:mad:

monkey hanger 11-04-2019 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1226901)
If there is a pro brexit choice they will also get my vote, as long as they can convince me they are being truthful. Other wise its a No vote.

its politics you are on about so the word truthful cannot be used. i,d believe the 25,000 miles on the clock of the 10 year old ex taxi being sold in bradford or blackburn before anything they come out with. if a politician told me today is thursday i,d quickly check my calendar to confirm it.

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2019 14:42

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGL-XJPuCuo

This might explain the Brexit situation to those who live abroad and cannot 'get' what all the fuss is about.
I cannot take the credit for finding this....my daughter sent it me to lighten my mood.

I would have added to this clip....of the ten 'friends' that are in Burger King....they expect only two of them to stump up for the grub.

Less 23-04-2019 17:05

I'm so surprised according to last week's obbo, (which I've only just read) potential candidates for the forthcoming local election are being advised by the police to go around canvassing in pairs, this is obviously because the people of the area don't feel they are being represented by their local M.P. (he whom knows all but does **** all for the common man).
It is a local issue and if these people can't walk the streets safely as they go about upsetting people there must be something wrong with the system!
I wonder what it is?

cashman 23-04-2019 18:02

I read yesterday that over 80% of Labour M.P.s are in favour of a second referendum, which just goes to prove its only DEMOCRACY when it suits those toe rags that are supposed to represent us.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Margaret Pilkington 23-04-2019 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1227485)
I'm so surprised according to last week's obbo, (which I've only just read) potential candidates for the forthcoming local election are being advised by the police to go around canvassing in pairs, this is obviously because the people of the area don't feel they are being represented by their local M.P. (he whom knows all but does **** all for the common man).
It is a local issue and if these people can't walk the streets safely as they go about upsetting people there must be something wrong with the system!
I wonder what it is?

Now come on Less....you are wise enough to know exactly what it is, but diplomatic enough not to spell it out.

I really do hope that those who want me to vote for them will come and tell me what they think makes THEM worthy of my cross in their box.

I dare them to knock on my door....I double dog dare them to knock on my door, but somehow I don't think they will.

In truth it is unfair for those who are in local politics should cop the flak for the 'No Marks' that we voted into the Houses of Parliament.
Local issues are so far removed from the current political chaos.....but the electorate won't necessarily recognise that....because they are angrier than ever before....and want someone....anyone in politics, to listen to their anger....to acknowledge the ar$e the current incumbents are making of the job.

Ryewolf90 23-04-2019 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1227508)
In truth it is unfair for those who are in local politics should cop the flak for the 'No Marks' that we voted into the Houses of Parliament.

They are however following the national party line and are campaigning on whichever version of the hokey cokey we're out but still in the party says to follow.

Margaret Pilkington 24-04-2019 06:40

That might be the case, but they have little influence over what is going on in the big house down in the metropolis...well, other than perhaps to let the MP's know of the anger and disillusionment with politics....and its'failure to represent the common man.

MP's know of the feelings of the common man, but are choosing to disregard them in favour of their own patrician views and values.

cashman 24-04-2019 07:36

I hear Anne Widdecombe has joined the Brexit Party.

Exile on Spencer St 24-04-2019 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1227591)
I hear Anne Widdecombe has joined the Brexit Party.

Good on her.

Mark2009 13-05-2019 15:49

It seems the cross party talks are unlikely to produce anything as the Government are apparently unwilling to remove their "red lines" and Labour are wanting a confirmatory vote for the public on any agreement.
Where will we end up? I don't know. I know where I would like us to end up, leaving with no deal if that's what it takes. However I cant see that happening. Handled properly, this could have been a great opportunity for us to take back control but I feel this has now slipped by.
It would be good to hear other opinions about where we may end up ( rather than where we would like to end up)
Mark

Exile on Spencer St 13-05-2019 19:23

Getting out of the EUSSR will only slip by if 17.4million voters are too tired or disillusioned to let the Metropolitan traitors get away with it.
I ain't giving up and will cast every vote between now and eternity for any person or party that has leaving as its primary objective.
Right now, that's the Brexit Party.
If Leave voters sit on their hands in the Eurine election next week, the Remain establishment and media will tell themselves that they've finally seen off what they regard as the enemy, but the rest of us call the British public.
As they used to say in Northern Ireland, vote early and vote often.

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2019 19:35

I will most definitely NOT be sitting on my hands....I will be voting.....and for anyone but the major parties(that includes the Lib dems....neither Liberal nor Democratic).

I will haul my sorry carcass to the polling station for every vote.....and will again vote for anyone who promises to get us out(not that promises mean much to politicians) of the corrupt organisation that is the EU.

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2019 19:41

I still do not think that the anger of the electorate has got through to these self serving men and women who pretend that they are doing their best to get us out.

The easiest thing would have been to leave on the 29th of March....without any kind of agreement.
That would really have put the scares up those in Brussels....but no, our spineless politicians vetoed that possibility.

monkey hanger 15-05-2019 08:29

at the end of the day we will remain. said the same thing months ago and whats happened has not made me change my mind. those like me who never wanted to join in the first place and could not wait to vote to leave will have their hopes dashed again by those in power who know all. you can have your democracy as long as you agree with us.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2019 08:43

There was a report in the media yesterday that the extension will go on until 2020.(of course it will. We are paying for the dubious privilege of being trapped....and the EU want us for the money....nothing else)
I saw the ballot paper for the EU elections yesterday.(my daughter has a postal vote)
The Brexit party will get my vote.
I hope that others will do the same.
Let's give the MP's a boot up the bracket.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2019 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1228317)
at the end of the day we will remain. said the same thing months ago and whats happened has not made me change my mind. those like me who never wanted to join in the first place and could not wait to vote to leave will have their hopes dashed again by those in power who know all. you can have your democracy as long as you agree with us.

I hope you are wrong...but fear that might be the outcome.

Hill Walker 15-05-2019 09:37

Probably the best hope now for a reasonably clean exit is for this country and its new MEPs to be such a pain in the neck that europe decides we are not worth the trouble and throws us out.
Anyone want to be an MEP - required qualifications Hard Brexiteer and/or certified.

monkey hanger 15-05-2019 10:16

[QUOTE=Hill Walker;1228322]Probably the best hope now for a reasonably clean exit is for this country and its new MEPs to be such a pain in the neck that europe decides we are not worth the trouble and throws us out.

if only. we could be the boil on the backside of europe but they,d take it for the money they,ll get off us.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2019 10:23

I think it would depend on the kind of disruption that was created.

The removal of the option to leave without ratifying the withdrawal agreement(wrongly labelled 'no deal') was the biggest mistake.
We needed that for some kind of leverage.
Now the EU know that our gutless politicians will accept any conditions, however bad, humiliating and counterproductive they might be.

Shower of Fisons, the lot of them!

accybeme 16-05-2019 14:54

why didn't the Tories have the back-bone the vote Theresa May out in December, as it is now she will still be prime-minister in August/September and with the article 50 extension due to run out in October, this will mean going back to the EU for a further extension, with the chances of her deal having a positive outcome, she would do us all a favour if she went now

monkey hanger 17-05-2019 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1228341)
why didn't the Tories have the back-bone the vote Theresa May out in December, as it is now she will still be prime-minister in August/September and with the article 50 extension due to run out in October, this will mean going back to the EU for a further extension, with the chances of her deal having a positive outcome, she would do us all a favour if she went now

problem is who would replace her or who would actually want to. more likely wait in the wings for all this EU stuff to be finally decided then jump on their battle bus to be all things to all people.

accybeme 17-05-2019 14:39

there is no shortage of candidates for the job, the elimination series of voting may take some time to produce a new leader but what's the point in keeping her job knowing her plan has no chance of success

cashman 17-05-2019 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1228341)

Thing is would have made NO DIFFERENCE at all, most of the barstewaeds want us to remain and thats fact so it wouldn't matter one jot, if a Leaver had been elected, and that is by no way supporting May its simple truth.

cashman 22-05-2019 09:43

Now seems like May has completely sold out the electorate, by mentioning the possibility of a second referendum amonst other things, will that mean when a General Election occurs, if people are not happy with the vote we can demand another? somehow i doubt it, HYPOCRITICAL BITCH.

Exile on Spencer St 22-05-2019 10:45

Just get out and vote for the Brexit Party, or UKIP if necessary.

The Remoaners in Whitehall and the media will be counting every single vote for the democracy denying parties who want to betray the public and are desperate to turn tomorrow into another referendum.

Gremlin 22-05-2019 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1228457)
Just get out and vote for the Brexit Party, or UKIP if necessary.

The Remoaners in Whitehall and the media will be counting every single vote for the democracy denying parties who want to betray the public and are desperate to turn tomorrow into another referendum.

I’m not ashamed to admit that both me and my partner sent our postal vote back with a X against Brexit last week.

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 12:27

Three times TM has asked those elected to the House of Parliament.
Three times she has been told in no uncertain terms that the WAB is unacceptable.
The moves she has made to rectify this... she calls 'bold'.
The only real bold move would be to leave under WTO.
She has capitulated in a major way.....there was a promise made of NO customs union....but she is suggesting that we agree to this now(she says it would be temporary, but I do not believe this.) she wants to remain in a single market(though she is not calling it that).
She has said that she will promise to abide by employment and agriculture laws passed by the EU....even when we have left.
So tell me, how is that Brexit?
These conditions would be a worse deal than we currently have.

She has called herself 'a bloody difficult woman'....but she was not difficult enough in her dealings with those snakes in Brussels...or for that matter, the snakes in this country(of all political persuasions)....she was not difficult enough to prevent that remainer Letwin and mouse faced Yvette Cooper from scuppering our only leverage.
The only way she has been difficult is in disregarding the votes of 17.4 million electors...all they wanted was to be out on the terms laid down in the major party manifesto's.
NO freedom of movement. NO single market, NO ECJ. NO customs union.
That is what we were promised...that is what we want.

Please vote tomorrow. Vote Brexit, vote ukip...even vote independent, but don't vote for any of these lying traitorous Main parties.
It is time that the country sent out the message that their time is up.

Well done Russell...that is where my vote is going...and I am not ashamed either!

Less 22-05-2019 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1228458)
I’m not ashamed to admit that both me and my partner sent our postal vote back with a X against Brexit last week.

Why should you be ashamed? You were part of the majority that voted leave, you thought as the rest of the electorate (including those that voted stay) that once the votes were counted whomsoever got the majority their wishes would be adhered to that is what has always happened with a majority even if only by 1 vote.
Leavers and stayers have all been betrayed not for democracy but so our fat cat politicians can continue dripping gravy from their chins as they dig deeper into the trough of the E.U.
Non are innocent not one member of the 'establishment' has stepped forward to declare this fiasco as being against the will of the people.
Politicians? I've **** better turds than any of them could be whilst being constipated!

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 12:50

Less.......I really really ish I could like that post twice.
Spot on...
Brilliant!

Less 22-05-2019 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1228461)
Why should you be ashamed? You were part of the majority that voted leave, you thought as the rest of the electorate (including those that voted stay) that once the votes were counted whomsoever got the majority their wishes would be adhered to that is what has always happened with a majority even if only by 1 vote.
Leavers and stayers have all been betrayed not for democracy but so our fat cat politicians can continue dripping gravy from their chins as they dig deeper into the trough of the E.U.
Non are innocent not one member of the 'establishment' has stepped forward to declare this fiasco as being against the will of the people.
Politicians? I've **** better turds than any of them could be whilst being constipated!

There you go Margaret, just like a politician I'll find a sneaky way around the rules!
[emoji23]

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 13:06

Thanks Less.
Unlike our representatives...you know how to deliver!

Less 22-05-2019 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228466)
Thanks Less.
Unlike our representatives...you know how to deliver!

Never been one to represent others, too honest, I know that given the choice of representing a pile of constituants and eating at the trough I know I'd be pushing myself forward to drown in the gravy.
I'd just disguise it better than the present lot, God, I'd be stirring it and still manage to pocket the cash.

By the way, if my brother Ray reads this I would ask him to reminisce about the time he was invited to be a representative of the people at a local party office.

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 13:33

Well, at least that is honest.

Heseltine wants us to stay in the EU because he receives £900,000 for uncultivated farmland....why would you break your back tilling and ploughing when you can cash in on uncultivated land at that price.
When we leave maybe he will need to plant turnips to make a living.

Less 22-05-2019 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228468)
Well, at least that is honest.

Ah, but is it?
I've heard similar bulls offerings from many a candidate, then ended up wearing a brown blanket once they get into power.
I wonder, why don't I like our M.P.?

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 14:09

If you are saying that you would shoulder your way to the trough....drink deeply of the gravy....because that is what you CAN do in your privileged position.....rather than pretending that what you are doing is on behalf of us....good for us....then, yes....I think it is honest.
I would rather have honesty than fake concerns that mean nothing....that actually rob us of our integrity too(because we have been bamboozled, had the wool pulled over our eyes).
Fool me once - shame on you....fool me twice, then shame on me.

Less 22-05-2019 14:57

History shows a large amount of what is wrong, many years ago both local & parliamentary representatives did the job without pay. (They still made a great deal of money because of this privilege).
Now to make it an even playing field those laughingly representing us get a bloody good wedge, so that the poor can represent the poor.
Unfortunately they aren't prevented from selling their souls, their principles, their morals, they may start off hoping to represent us but they are soon corrupted by those that have already learnt the ropes of deceit and are encouraged to sell the rest of us down the river.
Perhaps if for example they weren't allowed to become directors or other such easy living temptations while in power, but only to represent constituants things might improve?
Yeah right, Graham Jones will become a saint before that ever happens.

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 15:18

Less....this is absolutely what i feel.
Gone are the days when men and women went into politics to give something back to their community.
To represent the folk in their town because they COULD...and without reward...the deed of representation was its own reward.
Politics(like many other things) has become corrupted by the greed of those who go into it.
Career politicians are not in a position to know th privations of those they represent who actually have to graft for a living...to make ends meet...that has GOT to be wrong.

But I can't see any changes on the horizon...and the telescope is not put to my blind eye.

accybeme 22-05-2019 17:18

**{stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be****
that statement could have been coined for our prime minister

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 17:46

Yes...that is true.
It is one of my favourite quotations.

RainbowSix 22-05-2019 21:00

While voting for the Brexit party, just remember that Farage has been an MEP for many years and produced jack ****te so another go won't achieve anything.

I think Ill go with an independent that will cause a stir :)

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 21:24

That maybe true, but I am not voting for the man I am voting for the concept....and my vote is to convey my anger and distrust of the main political parties.
We should not be having this election at all....we should already be out....and this money could be better spent on something more relevant and useful.

Anyway, what's to say that if the establishment do not like the result, they will disregard it....as they have done with our vote to leave the EU....they consider us too thick to determine our future as it is.

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2019 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1228487)
While voting for the Brexit party, just remember that Farage has been an MEP for many years and produced jack ****te so another go won't achieve anything.

If you consider how the EU works in relation to countries voting you will know that our influence is negligible....the weighting of our voting is currently something like 8%.
The UK has not had a vote go in its favour in 47 years.
So it is no surprise that NigelFarage cannot be seen to have influenced anything....not his fault...but the fault of the system. Not a level playing field and a square ball(otherwise known as a brick).

Less 22-05-2019 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1228487)

What exactly is an independent?

They claim to have alliance to no political party and yet when push comes to shove, if the main parties are close to a tie will sell themselves to whichever side offers them just a little more power.
An independent shouldn't even sit in a group with other independents because if they do they aren't being independent they are acting just like the rest of the politicos and forming a party.

RainbowSix 23-05-2019 05:41

have a look at your voting paper and you will see which independent will cause a stir and probably won't even be allowed to sit with the rest :)

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 06:46

There are two Independent candidates on the paper.
One has an Asian name, the other is Tommy Robinson.

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1228469)
I wonder, why don't I like our M.P.?

While I think the 'local' weekly newspaper of our area is a worthless rag....not even suitable for wrapping fish and chips....there is a very interesting letter in it.

It is regarding the local MP.....who in not so many words (in one of the papers soapbox columns) defended himself(or tried to) by telling folk to 'put up, or shut up'.

It seems he was somewhat rattled at uncomplimentary comments.
He told us that he was honest, had integrity and his voting record on the current political chaos was available for all to see.

Well, the letter today tells it exactly like it is and documents this man's voting record.
Worth a read Less....but I do not for one minute think it will make you a convert to become one of his apostles.

If you can't access it...let me know and I will scan it in for all to view.

Less 23-05-2019 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228493)

If you can't access it...let me know and I will scan it in for all to view.

Oh, perleeze scan it, as you know I don't buy that rag, but if it's got the joke of the week in it, it should be shared by as many as possible.

Do you know I actually feel sorry for the guy, they say that everyone gets promoted one place above their capabilities, he really does prove the rule.

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 15:12

Will do it Less....was going to do it this morning but life got in the way.
Watch this space.

Less 23-05-2019 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228502)
Will do it Less....was going to do it this morning but life got in the way.
Watch this space.

Life! Don't talk to me about life...
A quote from what fantastic trilogy in four parts?

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 15:27

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go Less...fill yer boots.
You might need to enlarge it to read it properly...but we have had this conversation before...so I know it can be done.

This article made my heart sing( a bit out of tune...but hey, I'm allowed).
I agree with every word and whoever wrote it...I say to them 'go to the top of the class you can be ink monitor all next week'

Less 23-05-2019 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228504)
Here you go Less...fill yer boots.

You might need to enlarge it to read it properly...but we have had this conversation before...so I know it can be done.

This article made my heart sing( a bit out of tune...but hey, I'm allowed).

I agree with every word and whoever wrote it...I say to them 'go to the top of the class you can be ink monitor all next week'

I don't remember writing that! Maybe it's an age thing? I've forgotten that I wrote it or maybe I just wish I wrote it?

Maybe one day Mr. Jones will suffer less alzheimers than I do and actually remember to represent his voters?

Less 23-05-2019 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1228506)
I don't remember writing that! Maybe it's an age thing? I've forgotten that I wrote it or maybe I just wish I wrote it?

Maybe one day Mr. Jones will suffer less alzheimers than I do and actually remember to represent his voters?

Or as in my case, I voted for him once, when right from the start he decided to vote against allowing the referendum (because his constituants were too thick to be allowed a vote (an idea he still pushes forward today even though a majority was cast in getting us the hell out of the corrupt union)).
You see, we haven't had the learning that is offered to a printer. Just like Hitler was only a corporal, who knows where either of them could be today if only they'd been offered a real education?

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 16:46

Less...I think we both wish we had written that.
It echoes very well what we have been saying on here for quite some time...so maybe the writer read our views and encompassed them in this letter.

As for education....well, I think you and I might have had a 'bum' start....but has it really held you back?

I know that in my case it hasn't because I could see I had had a raw deal and set about putting that right.
You and I both studied at the University of life....I am still enrolled...still not got the cap and gown, but I have hopes.
One of them is that somehow we get the hell out of the EU.

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1228506)

On that subject I think there are only two hope...Bob Hope and No Hope.
don't hold your breath waiting Less.

MoreJoe 23-05-2019 17:13

It is painful to watch all the dithering even from afar.
I am reminded of what the Charlie Ruggles character said to a rival suitor in the comedy, Trouble in Paradise:

“See here. You keep saying you’re leaving and then you stay. Why don’t you say you’ll stay and then leave?”

-Joe

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 17:20

Believe me, it is far more painful to be in the midst of the dithering.
To be told that those who,govern us are intelligent people....but they cannot see that the threat of walking away will focus the minds of those who want to do us down...and take our money whilst doing it.

Who in their right mind would go to buy a flash sports car and come away with a clapped out second hand Lada....but pay the price of the flash motor.

It beggars belief!

cashman 23-05-2019 18:11

It would be really something if Graham actually responded to that letter in the local rag, and disputed his voting path, but he wont because its correct, he will probably label me a complete hard core extremist if he does thats another load of balls, cos he knows me.

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 18:40

Cashy, he cannot dispute it. The information has been taken from Hansard which is the official Parliamentary record of events taking place in the Palace of Westminster.

He has been rattled by comments on social media.
He is more interested in what is happening in Yemen...though he was absent during the debate on the issues there in the house today.

He is a poor apology for a representative of our town.

cashman 23-05-2019 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228513)
Cashy, he cannot dispute it. The information has been taken from Hansard which is the official Parliamentary record of events taking place in the Palace of Westminster.

He has been rattled by comments on social media.
He is more interested in what is happening in Yemen...though he was absent during the debate on the issues there in the house today.

He is a poor apology for a representative of our town.

It seems to me like he is more interested in feathering his own nest i am sad to say.

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2019 19:19

well of curse he has Cashy.
How amny folk do you know who have come out of politics poorer?
You can see the gravy dripping off his chin.

He has left his roots (that's us) a long way behind and you can tell that from his condescending manner.

accybeme 24-05-2019 09:24

will the members be brave enough to elect a brexiteer or will it be the same old same old

cashman 24-05-2019 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1228519)
will the members be brave enough to elect a brexiteer or will it be the same old same old

Unless they are STUPID they certainly will imho.

monkey hanger 24-05-2019 10:36

may has resigned. will there be a change. doubt it very much.

cashman 24-05-2019 11:04

The only reason she has gone is for herself after making a real balls up of Brexit, being a remainer i think she was only in it for her self, she was never concerned about the Electorate. imho. to be honest i fail to see how anyone can make it happen as was voted for. most of this elected SCUM from all parties wish to remain.

Margaret Pilkington 24-05-2019 11:55

To be fair, she was hobbled by the very many remainers, both in her cabinet and wider Parliament.
She has had dire advisors in the civil service...the likes of Ollie(though I prefer Oily) Robbins...who is in the pocket of the EU...hehas had many meetings with that snake Guy Verhofstad.
TM tried to please too many people who had no stomach to challenge those across the
Channel.
Let us see who takes over. I hope it is someone with balls...someone who will take no manure fromeither the snakes here..or those in Brussels.
There is one thing for sure...eeyore Hammond has to go.
The whole of the front benches need to be populated by out and out Leave supporters.
There is no room for any chinks in the armour.

Margaret Pilkington 24-05-2019 12:06

I know my last post will not be popular, but you have to lay a lot of the blame on DAvid Cameron, George Osborne. Nick Clegg...a real Shower of Fisons.
TM took on an unenviable task....and yes, she accepted it, but she had no idea of the treachery of those in her own party and the civil servants.
Her big mistake was following the advice to call a snap election....a d I think that her advisers knew that the outcome would not be good....and it was calculated to weaken her position.

Perhaps now she will be able to get her life back.

cashman 24-05-2019 13:11

Cameron is definitely the number 1 where blame lies no doubt, but the simple fact Mays deal did NOT get us completely OUT says it all to me she never really wanted it to be. she could have to me come back with a deal that honoured the referendum result and if the M.P.s did not back it then that says everything about the SCUM that purport to represent the electoral decision, that was given to the public. simple as, far as i'm concerned. imho.

Margaret Pilkington 24-05-2019 13:29

Cashy, you are right in that those snakes in Brussels ran rings round her....but even if that had not happened....even if she had come back with something half decent...she was going to struggle to get it through because there are so many in the Palace of Westminster who have vested interests in the EU....in the form of subsidies and allowances.

The result of the referendum was a seismic shock...it was totally totally unexpected.

The one thing that has come out of this is (maybe) it will teach the parties that they need to listen to the electorate....that they need to represent their views.

I am hoping that those across the channel who have disrespected the people of this country, are Kakkingthemselves right now.
JCJuncker was noted to say that the stupid patriotic Brits hate the EU....but does not recognise that he is part of the reason why.

British Steel woul be in a much better situation if we had left without an agreement at the end of March....what has helped bring this company to its knees is the 'green' tax of 160 miliom quid....and a fine of 600 million quid if they failed to pay it.

I hope that whoever takes over the baton is ready for a battle....and has a steel will.
Let's hope that we can now get out....right out.

Less 24-05-2019 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1228529)
Cameron is definitely the number 1 where blame lies no doubt, but the simple fact Mays deal did NOT get us completely OUT says it all to me she never really wanted it to be. she could have to me come back with a deal that honoured the referendum result and if the M.P.s did not back it then that says everything about the SCUM that purport to represent the electoral decision, that was given to the public. simple as, far as i'm concerned. imho.

The whole shower are to blame the vote said we leave, instead of adhering to that excuses were made by all parties to try their best for us to remain.
Honesty & democracy were pushed aside, which just about sums up why we need to leave, our politicians no longer have the will to do other than obey the E.U. without consequence for the U.K. people.

cashman 24-05-2019 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1228530)
Cashy, you are right in that those snakes in Brussels ran rings round her....but even if that had not happened....even if she had come back with something half decent...she was going to struggle to get it through because there are so many in the Palace of Westminster who have vested interests in the EU....in the form of subsidies and allowances.

The result of the referendum was a seismic shock...it was totally totally unexpected.

The one thing that has come out of this is (maybe) it will teach the parties that they need to listen to the electorate....that they need to represent their views.

I am hoping that those across the channel who have disrespected the people of this country, are Kakkingthemselves right now.
JCJuncker was noted to say that the stupid patriotic Brits hate the EU....but does not recognise that he is part of the reason why.

British Steel woul be in a much better situation if we had left without an agreement at the end of March....what has helped bring this company to its knees is the 'green' tax of 160 miliom quid....and a fine of 600 million quid if they failed to pay it.

I hope that whoever takes over the baton is ready for a battle....and has a steel will.
Let's hope that we can now get out....right out.

I agree twas one hell of a shock what the public voted at least to these greedy pigs, But agree also oer Juncker not seeing that HIM and people like him are the reason in the main people voted Leave, but doubt very much if they will be crapping it, they are well aware how many scumbag snakes want Remain in parliament.

accybeme 24-05-2019 15:47

May was too interested in appeasing the remain voters, maybe trying to please everyone, she could not allow herself to be the one to go against the referendum vote, but maybe should of adhered to Abraham Lincoln (You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time)

Margaret Pilkington 24-05-2019 16:48

I don't think she was trying to appease remainers...I think she was trying to appease (and appeal) to everyone....and it cannot be done.
She wanted to strike some sort of compromise....but the gulf was too wide between the remain and the leavers.

As I said it was DC who cocked this up...except it goes back far further than that.
The time we SHOULD have been given a say was before John Major signed the treaty of Maastricht.
That was when we were not so tied into the political side of this corrupt organisation.

While it was a trading partnership it was acceptable(just)....but once it morphed into a political organisation....that is when it all went south.

MP's have become used to taking the rules dished out by Brussels...they have been 'coasting' and paid very well for it.
They have really forgotten how to govern.

Exile on Spencer St 24-05-2019 19:48

Spot on, Margaret.

Margaret Pilkington 24-05-2019 20:54

Thank you...I am not such a daft old bird then.

cashman 27-05-2019 08:26

I have just heard that voting in leave areas was much lower than voting in remain areas. that to me says it all," how STUPID some people can be",

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2019 08:34

I haven't seen the turnout figures Cashy, but it matters not....the vote sent the resounding message that the electorate are angry.
Only in London did the Brexit party fail to get seats....and even there they voted for the Lib-Dems.....because in London they want to stay in the EU...and the Lib -Dems promised to thwart Brexit....just showing that they are neither Liberal, nor democratic so should done under the trade description act.

If we do not get out by October 31st, then this shows how the country would vote.
The main parties would be toast..

cashman 27-05-2019 08:43

Those in London that voted Lib Dem just cos of remain policy are complete SCUM imho

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2019 09:32

Yes, they do not accept the democratic decision of the rest of the electorate.

I do not understand why, after three years of insults and nastiness by those who were negotiating the Leave agreement, they still want to be part of this corrupt club.

Why would you want to have your laws dictated to you by those who do not live here, have no idea of how we hang, it is being taken over by a foreign power that you cannot remove.
Now, forgive me, but did we not fight two world wars so that we did not take orders from foreign powers?