Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 20-02-2018 18:07

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

you can tell me anything...your comments single you out as a remoaner.

I voted out too...I would do the same again tomorrow....I do not regret the way I voted and cannot wait for the divorce papers to come through....but I would like my share of the community property...I guess that is too much to expect.

I really hope that there is no deal, that we walk away and do not give those grabbing bar stools a single red cent

cashman 20-02-2018 18:32

Why should anyone buy what he says? hes only mentioned hes voted out on here SINCE the referendum.:rolleyes: not before no comment at all. check back its easy to do lol

Margaret Pilkington 20-02-2018 18:54

Cashy, he MAY have voted in the way he says(but I doubt it) I cannot prove whether he did or didn't...neither can he.
His comments are not those of someone with the courage of their convictions.
They are those of a remoaner....always negative about how our leaving MIGHT affect us.
We have seen those who predicted doom and gloom be far off the mark.

Guesses are not accurate, predictions likewise. This has not been done before...and it hasn't happened for us yet either.
Those mandarins in the EU would love to divide and rule...that plays directly into their hands...they want to sow uncertainty and despair, it is in their interests to do so.
They need us to be paying in, far more than we need to be in...the benefits are NOT worth the costs.

cashman 20-02-2018 18:57

No-one can prove including him, cos he sure had not the strength of his convictions to say HOW before the event, so i take what he says as complete bullshine.

Margaret Pilkington 21-02-2018 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1209083)
Shows what you know - I actually voted out.

I didn't SAY that I knew...I was just going off the tone of your negative post.
I do not know anyone who wants to reverse their vote....the only comment I hear is 'blooming get on with it'...and if those clueless bullies who are supposed to be negotiating don't want to play ball then the other comment is 'walk away...no deal is better than a raw deal'

DaveinGermany 21-02-2018 12:18

The italians are heading to the voting booths next month 4th March 2018. Lots of anti eu talk from a few of the parties plus a general attitude of anger over mass immigration, so centre right & right parties look like forming a coalition & grabbing the bulk of the vote.

Bring it on Italia!

Who knows, maybe the Eyties will be sticking it to the eu-rinal sooner than us beleageured Brits, mind you, we know who to blame for our lack of progress though don't we?

monkey hanger 23-02-2018 08:32

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1209116]
I do not know anyone who wants to reverse their vote....

unlike a lot of elections where i thought after i wish i had not voted for them this seems to be one where everyone seems more determined than ever for their vote to be acted on. some like me were waiting for years for this vote and no one would ever get me to change it. trouble is the remoaners think the same and will do anything in their power to stop it.

Retlaw 23-02-2018 23:36

The EU refrendum was one of the few times I have ever been in a polling booth, I want OUT, the frogs hate us for having to change their nappies in two world wars, the jerries have never, and will never get over the fact, that British Soldiers marched thro Berlin with fixed bayonets twice during the 1900's. They couldnt beat us on the battle field, but they've made us suffer 40 years of progresive hell with their devious paper shuffling tactics. To me their only goal is the dilution of the British race, till we no longer exist as a nation.
Rule Brittania. We should fight them on the beaches, turn back the hoards before its to late. We should show Frau Merkel some British steel again.
I may be getting old and a bit potty, but thems my thoughts on the EU.

hilleluk 24-02-2018 07:02

Hear Hear Retlaw...The United Kingdom is by far the best place in the world to be born and live

Accyborn 24-02-2018 07:16

?
Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1209217)
Hear Hear Retlaw...The United Kingdom is by far the best place in the world to be born and live

Are you speaking from experiance?

Accyborn 24-02-2018 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1209218)
?

Are you speaking from experience?

hilleluk 24-02-2018 07:30

Travelled around quite a bit so YES

DaveinGermany 24-02-2018 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1209219)

The experience of being born British may well have at one time been all one needed to go through life without worry let or hinderance. Sadly though to my mind being British nowadays isn't the guarantee it was, this is due to sucessive governments determination to destroy the Britush way of life as was by continually diluting our culture, heritage & nationality.

Allowing the mongrelisation of our Islands peoples by allowing an uncontrolled & unchecked influx of peoples that have no affiliation to our "old" nations ideals, culture or attitudes & thereby hastening the decline of what once was deemed British into a multiculti, mixed race, hodgepoge so desired & loved of the leftist eu-rinal federalists & their Codenhove-kalergi Bilderburgh puppeteers.

Being British is something that you are born into & not just something that is stamped into a passport!

Mark2009 24-02-2018 10:50

I have travelled throughout much of Europe and many times to USA. I have always enjoyed the experience and feel I have grown as a person because of the experience but am always happy to be returning to the UK and particularly Lancashire, I have never lived outside NE lancs and wouldn't want to. Just my thoughts.
Mark

Retlaw 24-02-2018 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1209219)

He me not be but you can be dammed sure I am, I lived thro the last war, met a lot of survivors of the first world war, stood beside them at their mates graves in France & Belgium, listened to the stories of their lives during that time. I've heard, seen, and learnt a hell of a lot in my 80 years plus about being a true blue Britisher, and another thing we Britishers are not alone, a heck of a lot of our ex Commonwealth still regard the British Isles as the mother country, they fought besides us in those two World Wars without being asked. They are what you call real friends, those who will stand beside you without question, unlike those mealy mouthed money grabbing barstools, that call themselves the EU.
Writing this has really wound me up that much, I wish I could still reach for my rifle

Exile on Spencer St 26-02-2018 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1209218)
?

Are you writing from experience?:rolleyes:

Accyborn 27-02-2018 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1209340)
Are you writing from experience?:rolleyes:

Yes, to answer your question, I am writing from experience, and plenty of it. After being born, raised and living in Accrington for 43 years, the so called gud ol days. During that time I served in HM forces. I have been living in Perth, Western Australia for the last 43 years.

DaveinGermany 27-02-2018 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1209369)
living in Accrington for 43 years - living in Perth, Western Australia for the last 43 years.

So 86? That is quite a bit of experience & in the latter 43 years have you visited UK? I usually visit once a year from Germany & to my mind the changes I see are extremely obvious & I can't say those changes please me, in fact I'd go as far as saying I find them disappointing & demoralising.

monkey hanger 27-02-2018 08:00

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1209370? I usually visit once a year from Germany & to my mind the changes I see are extremely obvious & I can't say those changes please me, in fact I'd go as far as saying I find them disappointing & demoralising.[/QUOTE]

its the same for people like me who have never lived abroad. go anywhere you have not been for years and apart from a couple of places nowhere has shown an improvement. could be the brave new world of the 60,s has shown more deteriation than what it replaced.

Margaret Pilkington 27-02-2018 08:00

My sister has been over from Brisbane for the last three weeks.
She left the UK in 2002, to make her home in Oz.
She told me that she is so glad her daughter has grown up and been educated in Australia.
She finds the changes to this country horrifying.
She says that it no longer feels like Britain.
We had to into Blackburn for a death certificate and she said she understands why I hate the place so much.

You really do have to see it on a regular basis to make judgements of your own...your eyes do not lie.

Accyborn 27-02-2018 08:00

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1209370]So 86? That is quite a bit of experience & in the latter 43 years have you visited UK? I usually visit once a year from Germany & to my mind the changes I see are extremely obvious & I can't say those changes please me, in fact I'd go as far as saying I find them disappointing & demoralising.[/QUOTE

Yes but only once in 1990 when I saw many changes, in my opinion, some good some bad, but the main reason we left was because the way the country was going and i could not see good prospects for our four children. From the feedback we get, I believe we made the right decision. As you say Dave, past and present governments have a lot to answer for. In my opinionon the country has been given away. I am sure that the lads that gave their lives, would be turning over in their graves if they knew what what has gone on in the last 60or70 years.

Margaret Pilkington 27-02-2018 08:31

You certainly made the right decision.
If I were younger, I would do exactly the same.
Nritain is only a good place to be if you are fit, healthy, have money and can choose to live in a good area.
These good areas are getting harder and harder to find, because of the uncontrolled immigration that was allowed during the Tony Blair New Labour era.
That man did more damage to this country than Hitler.
He wanted a place in history and he has it...I think he must be one of the most hated men of recent times...and what he did, he did in our names...we, the electorate, gave him that power.
We were bloody fools to be hoodwinked by him.

DaveinGermany 04-03-2018 11:26

And once more the Germans show their foolishness, the SPD members voted by a 2/3 majority to go into a "GroKo" with Mutti's CDU/CSU party. It just shows that when it concerns gaining power & hanging on by any means, politicoes have the morales of a Bitch in heat!

Merkel Clings On as Left-Wing Social Democratic Party Votes for 'Grand Coalition'

I reckon 6 months down the line the infighting will be tremendous & the upside to all of this is that now the AfD will be the official opposition in the Reichsstag & I do think there will also be a slow but steady increase in their numbers/popularity after this latest of Mutti's shenanigans.

Hopefully later today there'll at least be some good news from the Eyties, I really do hope so.

Margaret Pilkington 04-03-2018 12:39

Me too!

cashman 04-03-2018 12:41

And me.

DaveinGermany 20-04-2018 05:17

Once again the useful idiots in the H.o.L stick their oar in again to try to thwart the populace over Brexit & folks take umbrage at their antics. Ther was a petition a while back to bin the creatures but the inept gov declared it wasn't relevant at that time!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ds-brexit-vote

Well as far as I'm concerned it was & still is. Apparently others feel the same so here's another chance for the like minded to try again, it was on 28,000 odd when I signed up this morning.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/209433

Accyborn 20-04-2018 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1212190)
Once again the useful idiots in the H.o.L stick their oar in again to try to thwart the populace over Brexit & folks take umbrage at their antics. Ther was a petition a while back to bin the creatures but the inept gov declared it wasn't relevant at that time!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ds-brexit-vote

Well as far as I'm concerned it was & still is. Apparently others feel the same so here's another chance for the like minded to try again, it was on 28,000 odd when I signed up this morning.

Just signed 50,000 signatures.

cashman 20-04-2018 06:49

just signed oer 50.000 now.

Margaret Pilkington 20-04-2018 09:21

I signed this a couple of days ago....would have posted a link, but I was out of action yesterday.

These folk think they are better than us, they have their own agenda with many of them having financial ties to the EU.
They have proved by their actions that they do not respect the people they are in the upper chamber to protect, they have also cocked a snook at the principle of democracy.
Maybe we should look very seriously at disbanding this expensive home (with perks)for the elderly.

monkey hanger 21-04-2018 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1212202)
Maybe we should look very seriously at disbanding this expensive home (with perks)for the elderly.

add the word unelected to the list as well. never been a fan of the so called house of priveledge.

Exile on Spencer St 21-04-2018 08:46

Petition now nearly 72,000.
Unfortunately, nothing will come of it because the majority of MPs are spineless, self-serving poltroons who see both the EU and the HoL as a source of well paid reward for political failure.

Margaret Pilkington 21-04-2018 10:16

Yes, that is a very fair observation of the current situation.
It would be like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas.
These Leeches get £300 per day just for turning up...what a nice little earner that is.
Frequently, these men and women who think they are better than us, clock in and then leave to do something more pleasurable.

It is time they were given a toe to their delicate backsides.
They are not content with the rake of money they made whilst in office...they are greedy grasping parasites.

Less 22-04-2018 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1212242)
Yes, that is a very fair observation of the current situation.
It would be like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas.
These Leeches get £300 per day just for turning up...what a nice little earner that is.
Frequently, these men and women who think they are better than us, clock in and then leave to do something more pleasurable.

It is time they were given a toe to their delicate backsides.
They are not content with the rake of money they made whilst in office...they are greedy grasping parasites.

Had I been born the wrong side of a royal blanket I too would gain a great deal of pleasure from receiving expenses for nothing. As it is...

..I'll just have to suffer my poverty like any ordinary citizen.

Margaret Pilkington 22-04-2018 15:32

These 800 snotty snobs seem to think that their wishes trump those of the electorate who voted that we should leave....and leave with either a good deal or no deal.
This, they think is democracy.

Less 22-04-2018 15:43

No deal has got to be better than remain, we've watched democracy at work it was for us to leave, why then are we still prevaricating?
Get on with it, we've voted to accept the consequences, it was legal and above board, what comes, from the snide buggers across the water would have arrived anyway even had we voted to stay, but at least now we shouldn't be contributing to the lash across our backs!

Margaret Pilkington 22-04-2018 16:17

I do not understand how, having seen the tactics used by those like Michel Barnier, Donald Tusk, JC Junker and Guy Verhofstad, the insults they have thrown, the threats they have made, any of those who voted to remain, would still be of that opinion.
It makes me think that they must have spit for brains.
We did not sign up to be part of a Federalist EU...we joined as a trading organisation...so we were bamboozled.
We have not been given a chance before to say what we felt about this.
So now, we have cast a vote and these toffee nosed twerps think that their opinion matters more than ours.

KICK THEM OUT!
That would save us a rake of money.

DaveinGermany 23-04-2018 18:53

Getting closer, near on 97,000 signatures.

If you've not signed yet, what are you waiting for? :D

cashman 23-04-2018 18:59

Near 97.000 now keep signing folk, lets try damn hard to remove those LEECHES.

monkey hanger 24-04-2018 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1212446)
Near 97.000 now keep signing folk, lets try damn hard to remove those LEECHES.

LEECHES used to perform a task in medicine but that was a few hundred years ago. these modern leeches should have gone from sight about the same time, just confined to history.

cashman 24-04-2018 07:43

Its over 101.000 now so thats a good do.

DaveinGermany 24-04-2018 18:53

Well the threshold has been reached, let's see what tricks they use to weasel out of holding a debate on the matter.

Parliament to Consider Petition on Abolishing House of Lords After Anti-Brexit Vote | Breitbart

KiTChener 25-04-2018 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1212498)
Well the threshold has been reached, let's see what tricks they use to weasel out of holding a debate on the matter.

Parliament to Consider Petition on Abolishing House of Lords After Anti-Brexit Vote | Breitbart

The cynic in me says it will never happen!

Think about it, probably 80/90% of MP's in the Commons are looking forward to when they are 'elevated' to the Lord's and can then draw their £300 per day 'expenses'.

Killing goose & golden egg springs to mind!

DaveinGermany 25-04-2018 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1212532)

By past experience Kitch, I'd tend to agfee with your opinion.

monkey hanger 25-04-2018 09:03

Quote:

Think about it, probably 80/90% of MP's in the Commons are looking forward to when they are 'elevated' to the Lord's and can then draw their £300 per day 'expenses'.

turkeys having a free vote for christmas as well.

Margaret Pilkington 25-04-2018 09:42

There needs to be some kind of reform of the House of Lords.
These 800 dodderers should not be permitted to deny the votes of 17.4 million of the electorate who voted to leave.
We do not want any customs union which is tied to free movement.
In any case we actually buy more from EU countries than they buy from us...I am sure that they will be only too pleased to trade with us.
We cannot do ANY trade deals outside the EU if we remain in a customs union.
This would be the very worst option...we would still be paying, we would still be shackled and yet we would have no say.
Not that having a say in the past has made much difference...a vote has never gone in our favour.
We need to be OUT....right OUT....this is not the Hokey Cokey....one foot in and one foot out.

cashman 25-04-2018 10:39

So far in this so called leaving the E.U. i have seen "NOTHING" at all to encourage me, that we are likely to get what was voted for.:eek::(

Big Joe 25-04-2018 21:44

House Of Lords. Always good for a laugh. Tune in to see who is having a kip at tax payers expense all £300 a day. Then when his Tonyness made it possible for us common folk to be elevated in their it just became a reward for political cronies. And lets be right most of them have no idea what its like to live in the real world. Then there was another of the corrupt ones who was claiming for a taxi to go and sign in then leaving straight away but still claiming his £300. Any other job he would have been sacked and faced prison. Ugh!

DaveinGermany 26-04-2018 05:17

Getting on for 120,000 now & no comment from the shysters in the H.o.C, no surprise there then!

KiTChener 26-04-2018 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1212601)

Getting on for 120,000 now & no comment from the shysters in the H.o.C, no surprise there then!

Someone needs to bring it to their attention, otherwise it will be ignored!!
Can't see them wanting to take it any further!

Big Joe 26-04-2018 22:09

Signed sealed and waiting for the debate.

hilleluk 27-04-2018 09:10

Signed this petition

monkey hanger 27-04-2018 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1212630)
Someone needs to bring it to their attention, otherwise it will be ignored!!
Can't see them wanting to take it any further!

thats the problem. need to keep on and on about the subject until something is done. do you think we got a vote on the EU out of their kindness. a ggod subject for one of the main parties to focus on as it could be a vote winner for em to do nothing after they got elected on it.

DaveinGermany 30-04-2018 05:17

Normally can't stand Mondays, but after browsing the headlines this morning & seeing that mealy mouthed remoaning bint A.Krudd has binned it, well this monday is now looking quite bearable.

Krudd gone! Rejoice yee merry Brexiteers, DisMay has heard the ice cracking under her so she now needs to think very carefully where her next step takes her. (New appointment must be a Brexiteer)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...al-immigration

cashman 01-05-2018 07:11

Quote:

I find it very strange their has been nothing mentioned by the MEDIA about this vote.:(

Margaret Pilkington 01-05-2018 08:58

Which vote Cashy...the petition or the gutless vote by the windbags of the upper house....because there is plenty of coverage on that issue...the unelected elite of the upper house telling the electorate to sit on it and swivel...this is their version of democracy.
It seems to me that democracy only fits when it meets with their version of it.

cashman 01-05-2018 09:05

The petition margaret i phrased it wrong.:o

DaveinGermany 01-05-2018 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1212914)
I find it very strange their has been nothing mentioned by the MEDIA about this vote.(petition):(

The media tend not to highlight these petitions Cashy, just imagine if they did the outcry would be immense. Most of the time awareness is only raised on sites like this or by seeing the petition highlighted in comments sections in online news sites, that's how I became aware of it.

Apparently the government website shows all petitions, but lets be honest who visits a government site of their own free will?

https://petition.parliament.uk/

Margaret Pilkington 01-05-2018 11:54

Thank you Cashy...I thought that must be what you meant as there is plenty of stuff about the snakes in the upper house.
All of these men and women should be made to declare any EU links, just so that we can see if there is a conflict of interests.
If they all like the EU so much then why don't they just bu88er off and live there....ah, but....they would miss their 300 quid a day stipend.

Accyborn 02-05-2018 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1212923)
The media tend not to highlight these petitions Cashy, just imagine if they did the outcry would be immense. Most of the time awareness is only raised on sites like this or by seeing the petition highlighted in comments sections in online news sites, that's how I became aware of it.

Apparently the government website shows all petitions, but lets be honest who visits a government site of their own free will?

Petition will be debated in Parliament 18th June

DaveinGermany 02-05-2018 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1212956)
Petition will be debated in Parliament 18th June

Aye, read the e-mail response this morning. We can but hope these people get their come-uppance ....... but I somehow doubt they will.

cashman 02-05-2018 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1212957)
Aye, read the e-mail response this morning. We can but hope these people get their come-uppance ....... but I somehow doubt they will.

Well June 18th gives em plenty of time to come with excuses to keep the disgusting creeps.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2018 07:17

That is my birthday...So I hope they deliver me the right kind of present.
GET RID OF THE CREEPS.

monkey hanger 02-05-2018 08:23

not one that knows much about parliaments in other countries but is there anywhere else in the world that has something similar to the house of lords. all answers appreciated.

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2018 08:30

The US has an upper house...it is what is known as 'bicameral legislature'....there are two chambers of government.
Other countries which use this model are Argentina, Australia,Austria, Belgium, Russia(I think) India and Pakistan...and there must be others.
So it is a well used system, but many other countries have their second chamber of ELECTED representatives, rather than failed Goverment ministers, no count MP's and civil servants.

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2018 08:37

When you have an elected second tier of government, at least you know that if it's members perform badly, they can be replaced.
With our system you have to wait for them to expire.
I have not heard of anyon being booted out of the House of Lords...but I am happy to be corrected on this if anyone knows differently.

monkey hanger 02-05-2018 10:35

thanks margaret. has those with 2 tiers have their second tier elected or like ours, a retirement home.

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2018 10:58

The House of Lords is a crèche for the elderly...except WE pay them to go there.

Less 03-05-2018 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1212970)
The House of Lords is a crèche for the elderly...except WE pay them to go there.

Woe, hang on, wait a minute, I'm classed as elderly these days but I don't have access to this building nor it's rich pickings.

Perhaps you mean the 'privileged' elderly? (Though I reckon if some teenager inherited the right to enter, no thought would be given to NOT claiming their freebie).

Margaret Pilkington 03-05-2018 19:16

Yes Less, I also fall into that category too....but you are right...it is these elite, and often failed politicians who are the only ones who benefit.
Alas, we can never hope to be in their position.
These unelected parasites should not be allowed to overturn the will of the electorate.

Mark2009 04-05-2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1212965)
When you have an elected second tier of government, at least you know that if it's members perform badly, they can be replaced.
With our system you have to wait for them to expire.
I have not heard of anyon being booted out of the House of Lords...but I am happy to be corrected on this if anyone knows differently.

The house of lords (expulsion and suspension) act 2015 allow for Peers to be kicked out but it cannot be used retrospectively, for example to get rid of Geoffrey Archer when he was imprisoned.
Prior to this , Peers could be suspended but had to be allowed back.
Mark

Margaret Pilkington 04-05-2018 12:40

Thank you Mark...you can always learn something new here.

cashman 08-05-2018 08:14

Just read a cutting from the Evening Standard, Nigel Farage is calling for a Referendum on wether or not to scrap the "House Of Lords" i personally think thats a damn good idea.

cashman 11-05-2018 10:16

160.000 signatures now, wonder how many before they get around to discussing this?:rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 11-05-2018 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1212923)

The above web site reveals there has been 18 petitions debated, 7 awaiting debate, and ONE not debated.
Guess what the subject was of the latter?
Getting rid of subsidised food and drink in the Palace of Westminster.
You couldn't make it up.

Less 11-05-2018 13:06

Can't remove cheap grub from the trough, they wouldn't have the strength to rummage around looking for any of the other perks they don't deserve.

DaveinGermany 12-05-2018 09:33

Here's something you're not likely to see spouted widely by Al Beeb or the leftist MSM, can't think why?

Polish Immigrants Returning Home Cite Fear of Terrorism, Anti-White Racism by Black Brits

Wasn't it the nasty nazi Brexiteers who were supposedly responsible for the nastiness to "Johnny Forengier"?

cashman 12-05-2018 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1213393)
Here's something you're not likely to see spouted widely by Al Beeb or the leftist MSM, can't think why?

Polish Immigrants Returning Home Cite Fear of Terrorism, Anti-White Racism by Black Brits

Wasn't it the nasty nazi Brexiteers who were supposedly responsible for the nastiness to "Johnny Forengier"?

Thats obvious if they can't blame White Brit "Leavers" or elderly Brits, then total silence, I even read about a dusky ex Morgan Grenfell banker bitch yesterday saying people should pass a test before being allowed a vote, she was a staunch "Remainer,"

DaveinGermany 12-05-2018 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1213394)
people should pass a test before being allowed a vote,

Not a bad idea in itself, just depends who's setting out the parameters of said test.

DaveinGermany 12-05-2018 11:17

after your post Cashy I went "Goggling" & found the story you mentioned -

Ex Goldman Sachs banker: People should pass tests before they can vote | Daily Mail Online

She also talks about how politicoes should have real world experience too prior to taking up politics. Seems she's just saying what a lot of other folk have been saying but without the benefit of a media platform.

As an aside, out of curiosity the other day I took the online "Einbürgerungstest" (all in Germling I might add) for my County of residence NiederSachsen, I scored 27/33, it was multi choice, general knowledge-Poilics & common sense, the reason I screwed up on 6 of them was translation as German wording can be a tad tricksy. So if a dumbarse like me can qualify to become a "Krautling" & then be allowed to vote at National level, why shouldn't similar apply in UK, just saying like!

monkey hanger 12-05-2018 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1213393)

funny how i never read or heard about any of these attacks before now. always thought that news has always been slanted one way.

cashman 12-05-2018 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1213398)
after your post Cashy I went "Goggling" & found the story you mentioned -

Ex Goldman Sachs banker: People should pass tests before they can vote | Daily Mail Online

She also talks about how politicoes should have real world experience too prior to taking up politics. Seems she's just saying what a lot of other folk have been saying but without the benefit of a media platform.

As an aside, out of curiosity the other day I took the online "Einbürgerungstest" (all in Germling I might add) for my County of residence NiederSachsen, I scored 27/33, it was multi choice, general knowledge-Poilics & common sense, the reason I screwed up on 6 of them was translation as German wording can be a tad tricksy. So if a dumbarse like me can qualify to become a "Krautling" & then be allowed to vote at National level, why shouldn't similar apply in UK, just saying like!

Cheers dave i said Morgan Grenfell, probably cos me memorys crap, so i shouldn't be allowed a vote.:D The cow dont even know the meaning of Democracy.

Exile on Spencer St 14-05-2018 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1213364)
The above web site reveals there has been 18 petitions debated, 7 awaiting debate, and ONE not debated.
Guess what the subject was of the latter?
Getting rid of subsidised food and drink in the Palace of Westminster.
You couldn't make it up.

However, it seems 'our' elected representatives do have the time tomorrow to debate "the contribution of Arsene Wenger to English football".
Guess which north London team that plays in red is the favourite of that arch-slime ball, Speaker John Bercow?

DaveinGermany 14-05-2018 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1213435)
However, it seems 'our' elected representatives do have the time tomorrow to debate "the contribution of Arsene Wenger to English football".

Sounds about right,why ever should we expect relevant things to be discussed? :mad:

Margaret Pilkington 14-05-2018 20:14

because our expectations of our representative are too high.
we should realise this from his past performance....which is nothing at all to shout about or celebrate.

cashman 16-05-2018 10:16

Just had an e-mail telling me the house is committed to ensuring the house of lords "continues to fulfill its roll" etc etc, but as the petition is oer 100.000 they will consider it for a debate, So in other words they are gonna do sod all.:mad::mad: expected as much the house is as undemocratic as anything, and people VOTE for these knobs.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 16-05-2018 12:45

Yes, have had that too...but then I did not expect our signatures to make a jot of difference.
After all you do not get Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Exile on Spencer St 16-05-2018 18:36

Not holding my breath as, like many on here I have little or no hope that anything will come of it, but the response we've received is from the Government.
It's the Petitions Committee that decides whether to debate the matter in the Commons.
But I just wonder how many of the 11 backbench MPs on that Committee are anticipating retirement in the Lords.

Margaret Pilkington 16-05-2018 20:26

All of them are....so you can guess where this petition will end up...file 13...the round one in the corner fashioned from metal net....also known as a basket.

cashman 20-05-2018 10:11

Was reading an article yesterday that says the Irish Border argument, is pure BULL , Felixstowe handles £80 Billion of imports and exports every year, hardly any customs people in evidence, its done by technical bullshine, there is no hard border at all. containers etc are stored quayside and have usually hit the motorway in 4 hours, This was reported by a worker yon, Northern Ireland handles just £4 Billion every year and they couldn't see how thats a problem compared to Felixstowe which aint. he also said its likely to increase after we leave, and that will not be a problem either, its just REMAINERS trying to put the wind up people in his view.

Margaret Pilkington 20-05-2018 11:22

Of course it is. Project Fear and Misinformation did not work the first time around, so the lily livered 'can't do' remainders want another shot at it.
Do not believe them...they lie.

Yes Cashy, it is just a ploy to try to make things far harder than they really need to be.
We can get a man to the moon(allegedly....because some doubt that too) but we cannot get ourselves cleanly out of The EU.....it is RUBBISH.
If you have the passion to get out then it is possible....there are solutions for many of these problems and some are simple.

Mark2009 20-05-2018 12:46

Saw this on a website today and given the results that our Government has "achieved" as yet on us leaving the EU, I thought it was worth quoting-

Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Exile on Spencer St 01-06-2018 13:01

It's a funny old world.

For the last two years we've had the entire (well almost all) me-jah pundits and politicians getting themselves tied up in knots about what kind of 'deal' the UK should or could have with the EU. Loads of nonsense about borders, customs, etc to the point where all major political parties are like rabbits caught in headlights, not knowing which way to run.
And now, as a response to Trump's latest wheeze on steel imports, we have the EU moaning that it's not fair, the USA must stick to WTO rules.

Hang on, aren't they the same WTO rules that we are told would be a disastrous 'hard' Brexit, but which was the option offered from the start by those who just want out of the Unholy European Empire?

You couldn't make it up.

DaveinGermany 03-06-2018 14:00

Goodness me! The owd "Currant Bun" are even getting stuck into Dipsy DisMay, basically telling her to put up or shut up, will wonders never cease?

Sun Tells May: Stand Up to 'Plot to Destroy Brexit', Walk Away With No Deal ? Or Stand Aside for PM Who Will

Although it's not a "News paper" I'd read on a daily basis, if a certain article that interests me appeals I'll risk a peek .... and here is said report.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/643359...mps-democracy/

Plus another one for good measure.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/643792...t-poll-claims/

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2018 15:43

Son, I think that TM has had a lot to put up with....remoaners in her own party have not helped. Neither have those old shufflers in the upper house.( a place they go to nap and be paid for it)
Then she has the likes of John Major and the loathesome Tony Blair chucking their twopennorth in.
Add to that George Soros funding Best 4Britain campaign....and all the loony left luvvies like the odious Lily Allen.
Before you can effectively rule a country you have to create divisions...That is what all these folk have done.

What they cannot see is that this weakens any negotiating powers the the U.K. Might have had.
Junker, Barnier and Verhofstad want there to be cracks in her party...they want there to be divisions because this suits their case down to the ground.
They (the EU mandarins) have absolutely NO interest in any kind of negotiations.
They want to shackle the UK into paying cash into their coffers for the foreseeable future.

So while TM tries to please everyone, this is an impossible position to negotiate from....even if the EU WANTED to negotiate....but it doesn't.

She has had the most difficult job of any PM since World War Two was declared.

All the media do is crow about how badly she is doing.
They want her to run a race, but have her with both legs tied together and running through porridge.

And when they ask her to step aside and let someone else step in....just WHO can you see on the political scene that is cut out for the job...please do not tell me that you really believe that JRM could do the job...because I feel that he would be well intentioned, but out of his depth.
You have to remember that this has NEVER been done before.
We have had decades of meddling from Brussels...what was sold to us as a trading option has turned nasty....and it is inevitable that it is going to be far harder to get out of, than it was to get into.

For goodness sake let our PM get on with it.
I hope that there will be no agreement...that we can leave without giving the EU a bean...no single market, no customs union....just let us get out...right out!

cashman 03-06-2018 16:10

It is a very difficult job under the circumstances of all the ******* bleating. but to me the sun is quite correct (For Once) she said at the very start of her tenure Brexit means Brexit. so unless she is gutless given the objectors then sod em and get on with a proper job of doing it.

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2018 16:21

The Sun(Arrrghhh-spit) seems to think that there are 'talented Tories'...their words, but they fail to tell us who they are.
I cannot see ANY politician in ANY party who can come up to scratch on getting us out of the EU.
It is clear from what happened in Greece a couple of years ago....and what happened in Italy after their recent elections....if those who are elected to govern do not meet with the approval of the EU elite, then they parachute in one of their technocrats to ensure compliance.
Italy may yet be the wind of change that blows the grins off the faces of Juncker, Barnier, Tusk et al.
It cannot come a minute too soon, either for these countries or us.

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2018 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1213927)
It is a very difficult job under the circumstances of all the ******* bleating. but to me the sun is quite correct (For Once) she said at the very start of her tenure Brexit means Brexit. so unless she is gutless given the objectors then sod em and get on with a proper job of doing it.

Cashy, she has an unenviable job...a job that Coward Cameron abdicated from.
I think that TM is far from gutless, but it has to be recognised that she has so many dissenters and so many barriers have been put in her way that she has not been able to make the progress that would have been hoped.
It s bad enough having to defeat the snakes in the EU, without having to deal with them in your own political party too.

cashman 03-06-2018 16:48

Thing is to me if they refuse to let let her, then she should leave her position and then an election would happen. i think someone standing with a clear get out mandate would get in by a Majority, i know quite a few remainers that are sick to the back teeth of these useless sods that will NOT accept the vote of the people in the referendum.Thats my view anyway.

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2018 18:26

TM took the country to a general election hoping that the country would give her a clear mandate on the issues.
In the end, this was a rash move....one that was unnecessary, but the press and the media banged on about her being unelected(remember that Tory coward David Cameron abdicated and she was made PM by default)...so much so that she put herself into a precarious position of having to seek support from the DUP (at some cost).

So she has been toiling up hill, with a sackful of Monkeys(the House of Lords) on her back.

If an election were to take place how would you feel if Corbyn got it?(don't tell me that it couldn't happen...because that man would promise anything to get into number 10)

Who do you see as a successor to TM?
Because, Cashy...I can see absolutely no one with the cojones to slap these remoaning rebels, peers and those who are undermining the best efforts to get things moving.
TM is trying to please too many people...other than the electorate....and there are 17.4 million who want to be out(there might even be more, because a few folk I know who voted to remain have changed their minds after seeing the antics the EU will go to to keep us shackled) those are the people she needs to listen to.

hilleluk 04-06-2018 06:37

Hear Hear Margaret, well written and totally true