Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

cashman 24-07-2016 18:48

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1173010)
What about Tony Blair?

Well Thatcher was the evilest bitch i ever came across, until Blair came along. hope that answers yeh question.

Eric 25-07-2016 02:11

Well, I read that the followers of the prophet are at it again over there in the Reich. What is it now? Wurzburg, Munich, Reutlingen, Ansbach. Oops. Did I inadvertently imply that Muslims were responsible. I must be a racist. My logic is held prisoner by my blind adherence to inappropriate stereotypes.

European leaders :rofl38: are counselling calm.:rolleyes: No doubt they will announce that neither immigrants nor muslims are the problem. Let me ponder for a second on that one. Muslim immigrants have been, and no doubt will be again, perpetrators of terrorist acts ... yet neither Islam nor the immigrants are the problem:confused: Am I missing something here, or what?

Anyway ... to get on topic. Every act of terrorism should at least go some way to validating Britain's decision to leave the EU. Unless, of course, folks are content to let Brussels and Merkel take care of security.

It's all the fault of the Jews. If only they would stop responding so violently against those who fire rockets into their country, and those who give aid and comfort to them. Give it a break Jews. Give up. Let the muslims wipe your country and every man, woman, and child in it off the face of the Earth. Then things will settle down.:rolleyes: Nothing like a good, old-fashioned Jewish conspiracy theory when the easy answers are politically incorrect and, therefore, too unpalatable to swallow. I seem to remember reading that the dochstosslegende helped the fortunes of the NAZIS.

Enough ranting. It's ten at night and still 33 [deleted]ing degrees. Think I'll wrap myself around a few cold brewskies:D

cashman 08-08-2016 21:10

Having just watched "Brexit" The battle for Britain, its sadly ruddy obvious that many of the arrogant gets, Nick Clegg, Wilf Straw, to name just 2, are still of the opinion, that only Owd/Thick/Working Class Oiks/ voted and were wrong to leave, its very obvious to me that these people do not belong anywhere in politics and have no right at all to represent me.:( jettison the lot of em out altogether and we may just be on the road back to having a democracy run by people we can once again have some faith in, RANT OVER.

Less 09-08-2016 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1174139)
Having just watched "Brexit" The battle for Britain, its sadly ruddy obvious that many of the arrogant gets, Nick Clegg, Wilf Straw, to name just 2, are still of the opinion, that only Owd/Thick/Working Class Oiks/ voted and were wrong to leave, its very obvious to me that these people do not belong anywhere in politics and have no right at all to represent me.:( jettison the lot of em out altogether and we may just be on the road back to having a democracy run by people we can once again have some faith in, RANT OVER.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but, the rant isn't over.
They will keep blaming us, they are desperate for someone to blame, even though, they should look inwards and realise, it's their fault.
We will prove to these knowalls they are wrong, not just about the referendum but also about laying what they claim to be the blame at senile old farts,
We aren't doing it for ourselves, 20,30 years from now what we voted won't matter, but we haven't robbed our children's future, we have given them a future in which they can choose were to make their own mistakes, not ones ruled by the unelected.

cashman 10-08-2016 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1174174)
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but, the rant isn't over.
They will keep blaming us, they are desperate for someone to blame, even though, they should look inwards and realise, it's their fault.
We will prove to these knowalls they are wrong, not just about the referendum but also about laying what they claim to be the blame at senile old farts,
We aren't doing it for ourselves, 20,30 years from now what we voted won't matter, but we haven't robbed our children's future, we have given them a future in which they can choose were to make their own mistakes, not ones ruled by the unelected.

Our M.P. has had a survey and wants a second Referendum, what we voted dont matter one jot to this fellow.

Less 10-08-2016 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1174223)
Our M.P. has had a survey and wants a second Referendum, what we voted dont matter one jot to this fellow.

Hopefully after the next round of elections what he thinks won't matter a jot, I haven't done a survey, but when wandering through town and chatting with ordinary folk very few of them think he is doing what he was voted in to do.
This may mean nothing, or it may reflect a general disappointment throughout the area, maybe we'll have a new M.P. very soon?

We can but hope.

Barrie Yates 10-08-2016 08:32

I think that Hyndburn is one of the constituencies that undergoes radical change under the new Boundary Commision rulings. Hopefully that will mean more people will not vote for our present representative even if he does stand again. There is also the factor of whether the local Labour Party will support Corbyn or not. Surely GJ cannot be a real representative on the PLP if Corbyn is re-elected as leader of the Labour Party, after all he has said.

Less 10-08-2016 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1174227)
I think that Hyndburn is one of the constituencies that undergoes radical change under the new Boundary Commision rulings. Hopefully that will mean more people will not vote for our present representative even if he does stand again. There is also the factor of whether the local Labour Party will support Corbyn or not. Surely GJ cannot be a real representative on the PLP if Corbyn is re-elected as leader of the Labour Party, after all he has said.

Look at his record, he will stand again if his bosses allow, which they will, he's been the perfect puppet so they will keep him on.
It's up to us the electorate we need to make sure he isn't voted for.
The alternative?
Well we have a choice, vote in some obscure Conservative.

OR

Void our votes, do a Margaret thing.

Personally I prefer the latter, but to be as obscure as our paliarmentary representative, I will vote for the former, if it removes a disappointing selfserving let down.

Exile on Spencer St 22-08-2016 19:44

1 Attachment(s)
Apparently, this appeared today on the US of E Parliament's Twit account.
As if we needed one more bit of evidence that voting Leave was the right option...

DAV007 27-08-2016 06:31

EU Leaders Discussing Brexit Without Britain, Again - Guido Fawkes Euro Guido

Morecambe Ex Pat 28-08-2016 05:41

As one of the many Owd/Thick/Working Class Oiks, who voted to leave, I still do not understand why we have to negotiate terms to leave. Surely, we just leave altogether and then negotiate with the EU about how we trade with them, in the future.
Paying fees, to be part of the 'Single Market', should not be necessary.

I think our glorious leaders are afraid that the whole of Europe will refuse to buy anything off us. We import a more goods from EU countries, than we export and if they don't buy our stuff, we don't buy theirs.

If the politicians think that the people of Europe would accept that, I feel they are very much mistaken. Can you imagine Europe without Marmite, Fisherman's Friends and Heinz beans? It doesn't bear thinking about.

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2016 08:59

I don't think the politicians think that EU countries will not buy from us.
After all we sell far less to the EU than we buy from them.
Like you I don't wish to be in a 'Norway' situation either......paying subs but having no say.......that is pretty much the position we were in before we decided to leave anyway. Our wishes and concerns were never heeded back then either.

You would think it would be easy.....just shut the door and tell them we don't play their games anymore.

I think that those who were using scare tactics are shocked to see that the things they predicted have not come to pass....this is despite the spending weeks talking down the UK.

I really think they were hoping that their predictions would come to pass and that we could go back, cap in hand, and ask to be let back in(shudder).
Despite the 'out' vote winning, there are many that would like to over turn this vote.

I am hoping that once parliament returns after the summer recess, there will be some move to sign Article 50.

cashman 28-08-2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1175724)
I don't think the politicians think that EU countries will not buy from us.
After all we sell far less to the EU than we buy from them.
Like you I don't wish to be in a 'Norway' situation either......paying subs but having no say.......that is pretty much the position we were in before we decided to leave anyway. Our wishes and concerns were never heeded back then either.

You would think it would be easy.....just shut the door and tell them we don't play their games anymore.

I think that those who were using scare tactics are shocked to see that the things they predicted have not come to pass....this is despite the spending weeks talking down the UK.

I really think they were hoping that their predictions would come to pass and that we could go back, cap in hand, and ask to be let back in(shudder).
Despite the 'out' vote winning, there are many that would like to over turn this vote.

I am hoping that once parliament returns after the summer recess, there will be some move to sign Article 50.

I would hope so al;so, Teresa MAY,spoke very well when she took oer, but still shes a Tory and seeings believing as far as i'm concerned.

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2016 10:18

Well, just heard on the news that she is going to knock some heads together next week.
My main concern is that Philip Hammond was against leaving and he considers the single market to be a 'red line'......this is wrong in my opinion.
We do not need to worry about trade. Anyway our trade with the EU had shrunk.
I can't believe that countries within the EU would stop trading with us.....and if they did we could tell them where to stick their BMW's

cashman 29-08-2016 19:27

Well i have just attempted to tweet our M.P. about his support for a man who thinks the electorate need to rethink our Brexit decision, but i am unable too, he aint accepting tweets, In my view he should hang his head in shame, :( still come election time I and many others i know will remember.

Barrie Yates 29-08-2016 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1175849)
Well i have just attempted to tweet our M.P. about his support for a man who thinks the electorate need to rethink our Brexit decision, but i am unable too, he aint accepting tweets, In my view he should hang his head in shame, :( still come election time I and many others i know will remember.

Pretty sure he is away on holiday, his car hasn't been at his house for a couple of weeks now so he has probably left his comms equipment at home.

accyman 05-09-2016 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1175878)
Pretty sure he is away on holiday, his car hasn't been at his house for a couple of weeks now so he has probably left his comms equipment at home.

lol so our local MPs house is empty and it appears he is out of the area

sure glad my neighbors dont post on a public forum when im on holiday lol

Barrie Yates 05-09-2016 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1176350)
lol so our local MPs house is empty and it appears he is out of the area

sure glad my neighbors dont post on a public forum when im on holiday lol

Did I say that his house was empty and that he is out of the area?
Perhaps you should pay a little more attention to what is actually written.

accybeme 12-09-2016 14:05

the petition to Invoke Article 50 of The Lisbon Treaty immediately is scheduled to be debated on the 17th Oct

AccyMad 03-11-2016 09:26

Just been announced that the high court has ruled that the PM cannot act alone to trigger Article 50 & MP's are to be given a vote on it although Theresa May can appeal against the decision . . . . . . it's not done & dusted yet

DaveinGermany 03-11-2016 09:55

Absolute travesty, treacherous judiciary once again handing the British over to the undemocratic eu! As to the bitch that brought the case forward, she's not even British! UK is done, I really hate what has become of my country & I see no hope for her anymore due to brain dead, snivelling leftists & successive traitorous governments!

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 09:58

As I said way, way back we aren't out yet.
This means that the will of the people and democracy mean absolutely nothing.
The people cast their votes and the judiciary trashed their votes..So is there any point at all in voting?

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1180475)
Absolute travesty, treacherous judiciary once again handing the British over to the undemocratic eu! As to the bitch that brought the case forward, she's not even British! UK is done, I really hate what has become of my country & I see no hope for her anymore due to brain dead, snivelling leftists & successive traitorous governments!

Son...Nail, head, hit.
It shows that the judiciary do not respect democracy, do not want us to have a right to choose....have trounced the will of the majority.
Shame on them!

cashman 03-11-2016 10:55

The government should disband the judiciary simple as, if thats justice we dont need it.:mad: This to me is probably the result MAY wanted, and why article 50 was not invoked.

hilleluk 03-11-2016 11:50

Mrs May should call a general election, to be held as soon as possible. RULE BRITANNIA

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1180481)
The government should disband the judiciary simple as, if thats justice we dont need it.:mad: This to me is probably the result MAY wanted, and why article 50 was not invoked.

I have to say that thought had crossed my mind too.......and It was uppermost in my mind shortly after the result was out.....I felt that the celebrations were premature.
Yet the Government has said it will appeal against this ruling...so we have to wait and see and live in hope that the groundswell of opinion that was demostrated by the vote to leave, is not ignored.
I bet the Barstewards in Brussels are rubbing their hands with glee(GRRRRR)

Exile on Spencer St 03-11-2016 14:13

Is anyone who voted Leave really surprised at the judges' opinion?
Such a high-handed, we-know-better-than-you-peasants attitude is just another example of why the majority of British citizens voted to Leave in the first place.

And don't we just believe the comment from the Lord Chiel Justice that the decision had nothing to do with the referendum result? This from a man (public school and Oxbridge, obviously) who was a founding member of the European Law Institute, one of whose stated aims is to stimulate the development of EU law.

No doubt the champagne wholesalers will having to make additional deliveries tonight to the news rooms of the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation.

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 14:19

nope. Not a bit surprised, which is why I said the celebration of the result should be muted....as we were a long long way from being out.
Isn't it justa smack in the face for democracy though, when one man can disregard the concensus of the electorate(OK, there may have been other judges involved, but the Lord Chief Justice is El Jefe...meaning if he says jump, they do and ask how high and for how long??)

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 14:22

and if the outcome is that we do not get out of the EU...that would not surprise me either.
The Head of the EU will not have learned anything by ouractions and I feel sure that they will find ways of making our existence in the EU(If we don't get out) pitiful.

I detest the EU and all it stands for....we were hoodwinked into a system which was sold to us as an instrument of trade...not a politically linked association.

Rowlf 03-11-2016 15:02

The judicial system is not fit for purpose in a lot of things. Letting folk off who should be put behind bars for 50 years and the ones they do send to jail are not there long. I wish someone would explain to me how only half a given sentence is served i.e. 4 yrs given would serve 2yrs .why not give 2 years in the first place. Seems all the judges live in ivory towers and have no knowledge of the likes of us.

accybeme 03-11-2016 17:25

The courts delay Brexit but will MP’s dare to vote against the peoples will, this would surely trigger a general election, where those MP’s would surely lose their jobs, funny thing is we didn’t need parliament to vote when we went in to EU but the courts say you do start an exit procedure

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 17:29

Apparently we did need Parliament to vote us in..so they now say that the members and the peers need to vote us out.
So the shower of shi-ite has the whip hand unless the high court reverses this verdict.

accybeme 03-11-2016 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1180505)
Apparently we did need Parliament to vote us in..so they now say that the members and the peers need to vote us out.
So the shower of shi-ite has the whip hand unless the high court reverses this verdict.

you are of coarse correct Margaret; I was getting mixed up with there not being a referendum for the people to vote in 1973

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2016 17:57

I only know because the person who brought the action was spouting off about it.
He was going on about sovereignty of our parliament..but if the MP's vote to block Brexit then he can kiss sovereignty goodbye....and make way for droves of migrants with questionable backgrounds.

Barrie Yates 03-11-2016 21:43

So, until the case goes before the Supreme Court, and even beyond that to the ECHR, we are saddled with a parliamentary vote, which if that does happen raises an interesting point.
I believe that a Hyndburn majority voted to leave, so will our elected representative follow the will of the majority of his electorate and vote leave, or will he put his self interest before democracy. I wait with unbated breath

accyman 03-11-2016 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1180537)
So, until the case goes before the Supreme Court, and even beyond that to the ECHR, we are saddled with a parliamentary vote, which if that does happen raises an interesting point.
I believe that a Hyndburn majority voted to leave, so will our elected representative follow the will of the majority of his electorate and vote leave, or will he put his self interest before democracy. I wait with unbated breath

i can assure you that he will most likely stab us in the back yet again as his position on the EU has been made very clear on repeated occasions

gots himself an E.U gravy train he wants to get on board

would you really believe him if he said he would vote to leave with his track record

Barrie Yates 04-11-2016 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1180543)
i can assure you that he will most likely stab us in the back yet again as his position on the eu has been made very clear on repeated occasions

gots himself an e.u gravy train he wants to get on board

would you really believe him if he said he would vote to leave with his track record

no !!!!!!!

Less 05-11-2016 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1180543)
i can assure you that he will most likely stab us in the back yet again as his position on the EU has been made very clear on repeated occasions

gots himself an E.U gravy train he wants to get on board

95% of the time we know exactly what he will do, the other 9% he does nothing.

Mind you I bet he's got a grate collection of manhole covers, he must keep an example of each one he so passionately campaigned about and managed to return to its rightful place.
(I still think that was the start of the slippery slope, (they gave him a job to look like he was doing something)).

DaveinGermany 21-11-2016 21:49

A bit long winded in its entirety but worth a look, if it really is as easy as the author assumes, then why oh why is Tessie Maybe & her idiots not actioning this? Like I've said elsewhere, she & her crew are conniving & untrustworthy, there seems to be a hidden agenda.

http://moneyweek.com/dont-trigger-ar...50-just-leave/

cashman 22-11-2016 11:28

Very interesting Dave, confirms to me what ive always suspected, May @ her cronies are conning the British Public, most M.P.s from both sides NEVER wanted to leave fact, and by triggering this useless article 50, they can either SLOW DOWN or Not Leave.suiting this scum down to the ground.The comments made since yeh posted it are interesting also.

Margaret Pilkington 22-11-2016 12:24

Of course many politicians didn't want us to leave the EU.
They had good reasons to want us to stay...it means that if something is wrong they have an organisation(which is severely mistrusted by the General public) to blame. It means that they don't have to work hard formulating rules, regulations, laws by which we live.
It means that many of these politicians can jump on the EU gravy train when their careers in the POW is over..a lucrative future is almost guaranteed.

Of course the exit from the EU is made to look difficult. These people want us to believe that they have a role to play in this difficult process. A role that only they( the political elite) can undertake.
And, in the great scheme of things son, who do you think would do this process better?
We have the government we've got until the next election...who knows what will happen after that...?

The vote to leave the EU was a huge shock to our political elite. They really thought that we, the electorate would be cowed into believing that we would never survive outside of this nasty corrupt organisation

DaveinGermany 22-11-2016 12:53

The eu Army just got a step closer despite the eu shills squealingly & shrilly denying such an outcome as lies & panic mongering from the Brexit advocates. Yesterday evening MEP's met to discuss said policy, now according to some it's not a done deal (really?) as it still requires ratification by member states. ( Yeah well, in that case it's a done deal, since when has the eu let members rejection get in the way of pushing through their specific agenda)

DAWN OF EU ARMY: MEPs APPROVE new £420million-a-year SUPER FORCE to defend Europe | World | News | Daily Express

And for all those millennial snowflakes who scurry off to their "safe space" when someones opinion or disagreeing with their liberal world view "traumatises" them, you're going to be in a whole world of Über-anguish when your conscription papers land on your doormat!

What? You didn't realise you'd be conscripted? Well you can thank that marvellous lefty liberal icon Gordon "the Moron" Broon for signing us up to the Lisbon treaty ...... it's all there, nice & inclusive in that one eu document.

Should've voted with the Brexiteers/Kipperists then shouldn't ya!

DaveinGermany 22-11-2016 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1181795)
And, in the great scheme of things son, who do you think would do this process better?

Had the question been posed 6-8 months earlier I'd of had no hesitation in endorsing UKIP, but over the intervening months they've become divided & fractious, not good as party & not good as party to redeem & save the Uk from past political ineptitude.

Hopefully they'll get themselves squared away in the near future & if Arron Banks comes up "Trumps" with his new proposal (see below) just maybe a UKIP+Indie allegiance could well make inroads into our, at present, morally corrupt political cesspool.

Trump?s UK allies put Remain MPs in their sights ? POLITICO

cashman 22-11-2016 13:20

Thats a very interesting read, just hope it comes to pass. have doubts cos it will be a very hard swamp to drain, but fingers crossed.;)

Less 22-11-2016 14:06

Quote:

Banks’ declaration, after meeting Trump, that he wanted to “drain the swamp” of the House of Commons by standing 200 candidates against 200 of “the worst, most corrupt MPs,”
It will be interesting to see whom will be targeted as the 'corrupt 200', that will only leave 450 less corrupt M.P.'s to target at a later date.

Margaret Pilkington 22-11-2016 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1181799)
Thats a very interesting read, just hope it comes to pass. have doubts cos it will be a very hard swamp to drain, but fingers crossed.;)

Yes and it is a hard job to remember you are in there to drain the swamp when you are up to your eyeballs in crocodiles. Good luck with that one.

DaveinGermany 28-11-2016 21:22

So UKIP are now under new management, Paul Nuttall a Bootleite (not far from our house) is now the main player for the kippers, he talks the business more or less but not to everyones tastes. It now remains to be seen if he can run the course or will he jack it like James?

Whatever he does he needs to get a grip on the party PDQ, reaffirm the goals & reassure the wayward that he, his crew & the party will be going where the supporters want it to go, in the process getting their she-ite squared away to pressure dithering dismay, screwing down hard & ruthless on the dismal liebour incompetents & picking up all their disenchanted ex supporters.

The lads on trial as of now, I do hope he can live up to & maybe even exceed the expectations that kipper converts are quietly but impatiently waiting for.

MrPastry 30-11-2016 09:36

Was down in Kent 2014 when they were getting a Ukip guy in. Amidst all the tv camera crews I nipped into the Ukip office to ask for some info to read on the train home and after asking for a bag of handouts the staff inside didn't really have a clue what they did or didn't have. A few moments later I was accosted by a tv presenter for my thoughts on the election result to which I said if that office is anything to go by the new local MP wont ave a clue!

DaveinGermany 30-11-2016 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPastry (Post 1182261)
Was down in Kent 2014 when they were getting a Ukip guy in.

'Scuse me! But Kent happens to be a fair old size from my recollection, could you be a bit more precise as to the constituency? Opining on a single office & just after a vote (European Parliament at that) doesn't automatically define how things will pan out now does it? Just poke your nose in to the local region & I'm pretty sure you'll find similar incidences from other politicoes & parties.

UKIP storm to first place in Kent as European election results revealed for South East

Exile on Spencer St 01-12-2016 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPastry (Post 1182261)
?...after asking for a bag of handouts the staff inside didn't really have a clue what they did or didn't have.

That's outrageous, Mr. Pastry.
Most political party have millions of leaflets to give away, asked for or not, and every word in them is true and every promise made is fulfilled. :rolleyes:

cashman 01-12-2016 12:12

also many of staff in all political partys offices tend to be volunteers,

DaveinGermany 01-12-2016 14:04

Hopefully this week-end will give Brexit a boost & a further kick in the teeth to the corrupt EU due to a 2 pronged attack. Italy is to vote on Renzis (an EU plant) tenure & ideas, as it stands he's expected to be shown his arse allowing 5Star to step in, they want a return to the lire & fiscal control back in the hands of the Eyties, there's also a somewhat Euro sceptic attitude running through its core followers.

Then a little further north & we've got Austria & their re-run (after alleged dubious behaviour from the libs/left) for the presidential position, mainly symbolic but interesting none the less. Hofer leaning towards national issues, less EU & Van der Bellen, Europhile greeny. (I know who I want to win) Despite it being as mentioned, mainly symbolic, it has a definite bearing on where Austria will go in the near future. If Hofer wins, a referendum on the EU & elections are a possibility with the eventual removal of Austria from the EU. Should Van der Bellen take it, Austria can resign itself to even more EU & immigration.

All you need to know about Austria's presidential election

So late Sunday early Monday I'm assuming Junker & his cronies will be seething over these damned miserable un-European, Europeans! :)

DaveinGermany 03-12-2016 17:40

Further to the above post in reference to the Austrian presidential elections, the lefty hand wringing snowflakes were to have a 1000 plus protester march today, all to rail against the evil nazi Hofer & his views, must've been a tad cold in Vienna today. :D

Anti-Hofer Demo Flops after Fewer Protesters Turn up Than Journalists and Police

Must've been twinned with the Uk school of lefty "No, not soap" remoaner students against Brexit, that didn't bother their arses to vote but whinge like bitches when things don't go their way.

DaveinGermany 05-12-2016 11:39

So the Austrians & Italians have done their dirty little deeds, Austria going with the same ol' same ol' mainly brought about by the influence of the major cities & their bubble mentality (fools to themselves). And the Italians have actually displayed a modicum of common sense by binning Renzi, result, the upper echelons are all in a quandry & the "Fuhrerin Merkel & Stab" are no doubt quite perturbed with the outcome.

Meanwhile over the week-end in the good old UK, the feeble minded are still in denial (Smegg, Fannyon, Bliar) spouting their foolishness. And Gawd 'elp us, Daisy DisMay prepares to face the (EU leaning) Supreme court to bang out the actual abstruseness of the vocabulary of article 50! Furthermore the traitors within (Davis & BoJo) are seen sliding on the actual definition of "Out means out!" to "Well actually,we could ....."

Enter the enraged Scouser! On hearing the duplicitous whinings from aforesaid Davis & Johnson, Mr.Paul (Bootle Scally) Nuttall the new Kipper boss chucks his two pennorth worth into the mix. Threatening Jezzer CorpyBin & the Abbotpotamous that their acolytes are now fair game & ripe for targeting from here on in up to 2020 & he's got his beady little eyeballs (all 4 of 'em) on DisMay & her crew of "Brexit means Brexit" sort of, kinda, maybe, if I really must Brexiters? (Judge them by their actions).

According to the "Bootle Scally" the rise of the Patriot begins this Thursday 8th Dec in that much lauded metropolis Sleaford & North Hykeham! (Er ... Where exactly?) For those requiring enlightenment, Slea & N-Hyke lies in the heart of "Bomber command" Country, Lincolnshire, just south of Lincoln & about 45 miles west of Skeggy (Lawd save us)!

Now, if anywhere should & would have patriotic roots, this surely must be the place right? A County that watched & counted the brave youth (ours & our allies) out & counted the diminished numbers back in after they'd sallied forth day & night in defence of our realm in the dark days of the 1940's. I do truly hope, for the sake of the UK, that there still exists in this area a strong spirit, willing, to once again fight back against the rising darkness crawling out from an ever more overbearing oppressive Germany dominated Europe.

cashman 05-12-2016 12:09

We have now got 4 Days of nonsense with the judges, yet Article 50 does NOT need to be triggered to leave the E.U. Fact, Also the Media have NEVER latched onto that fact, do yeh NOT find that very odd? cos i do, it says everything to me about the people with a bob or two,:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 05-12-2016 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1182541)
yet Article 50 does NOT need to be triggered to leave the E.U. Fact, Also the Media have NEVER latched onto that fact,

Depends which media you look to for your information, my preferred sources being BBL & the DE (Yeah, yeah, right leaning , knuckle dragging, Ists according to the frothing lefties) I also read relevant articles from limp wristed lefty, virtue signalling rags too, like the Indie or Gnonad as options. As to the "UK News Channels", not a great deal of choice really, they're out & out lefty propaganda mills, I'll get more balanced sense from RT or Euronews.

cashman 05-12-2016 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1182542)
Depends which media you look to for your information, my preferred sources being BBL & the DE (Yeah, yeah, right leaning , knuckle dragging, Ists according to the frothing lefties) I also read relevant articles from limp wristed lefty, virtue signalling rags too, like the Indie or Gnonad as options. As to the "UK News Channels", not a great deal of choice really, they're out & out lefty propaganda mills, I'll get more balanced sense from RT or Euronews.

I was actually referring to the television media dave, yeh know those who love to latch on to any old rubbish and make a big song and dance over stuff they view as wrong.

DaveinGermany 05-12-2016 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1182543)
I was actually referring to the television media dave, yeh know those who love to latch on to any old rubbish and make a big song and dance over stuff they view as wrong.

Ain't that the truth! :)

DaveinGermany 05-12-2016 14:25

Just a wee note on the bias of the media (tabloids in particular)try typing in the name Maria Ladenburger, (I was using google) the young German lass who was recently raped & murdered by one of Merkels "Child immigrants", the GCP also think he may have been involved in a prior case not far from Freiburg.

What is immediately noticeable when scanning the titles of the publications & news sources, both domestic & foreign, is the distinct lack of entries from the likes of BBC, Indie & Gnonad. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but my belief was that these bastions of the left & democracy, diversity & equality would be screaming outrage at such brutality to a young female ...... that lack of outrage & the ensuing silence confirms (for me at least) their lies & hypocrisy.

Exile on Spencer St 06-12-2016 19:25

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1182546)
Just a wee note on the bias of the media (tabloids in particular)try typing in the name Maria Ladenburger, (I was using google) the young German lass who was recently raped & murdered by one of Merkels "Child immigrants"

What is immediately noticeable..... is the distinct lack of entries from the likes of BBC,..... that lack of outrage & the ensuing silence confirms (for me at least) their lies & hypocrisy.

Ain't that the truth, indeed.

DaveinGermany 07-12-2016 20:34

Absolutely marvellous, the remoaners bellyaching got them what they wanted through their threats, a discussion on Leave, again! But DisMay gave it to them with a caveat & as aresult they've been shafted by their own petulance! Such sweet Irony.

Article 50: MPs approve Government amendment to begin EU divorce talks by end of March | Politics | News | Daily Express

Still there's 89 perpetual whiners stealing oxygen that need showing the door ASAP, note them well folks & when the chance arrives show them their arses.

cashman 07-12-2016 22:06

Anyone who votes for any of those 89, are not British Democratic people they are complete stupid balloons as far as i and many are concerned.:rolleyes: Seems also there were 50 Abstentions , they should be treated EXACTLY the same.

DaveinGermany 08-12-2016 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1182639)
:rolleyes: Seems also there were 50 Abstentions

Hedging their bets I'm sure, noticeable amongst the absentees Accys own chosen parliamentarian ... speaketh that not volumes?

Margaret Pilkington 08-12-2016 07:08

Well an absentee is marginally better than those 89, in that they didn't actually vote against the government...but they are to be treated with suspicion as those who are not for us must be deemed to be against us.
Personally, I would NEVER vote for our current sitting MP ever again.
He has not lived up to the expectations of the town.he may be a very nice man, but as an MP he is pants!

DaveinGermany 09-12-2016 08:51

The much awaited revolution, starting in Sleaford & North Hykeham appears to be more of a quarter turn as a full revolution in this instance. The cleansing flail of righteousness in the form of a resurgent UKIP was weighed, measured & found sorely wanting on Thursday.

Admittedly not as wanting as the Limp dumbs & Liebour whose showing was extremely poor, along with the voter turn out at 37%. The Tories easily held their position against the challengers, but in the long run it's not going to help the people of Slea & N Hyke.

Because of their apathy, the staus quo is maintained & as such the creeping "enrichment", coming to these shores, will eventually encroach & smother these complacent denizens in their rural idyll. Ah well, there's no cure for foolishness.

Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election: Dr Caroline Johnson holds seat for Tories as Labour heads towards 'electoral disaster'

cashman 09-12-2016 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1182688)
The much awaited revolution, starting in Sleaford & North Hykeham appears to be more of a quarter turn as a full revolution in this instance. The cleansing flail of righteousness in the form of a resurgent UKIP was weighed, measured & found sorely wanting on Thursday.

Admittedly not as wanting as the Limp dumbs & Liebour whose showing was extremely poor, along with the voter turn out at 37%. The Tories easily held their position against the challengers, but in the long run it's not going to help the people of Slea & N Hyke.

Because of their apathy, the staus quo is maintained & as such the creeping "enrichment", coming to these shores, will eventually encroach & smother these complacent denizens in their rural idyll. Ah well, there's no cure for foolishness.

Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election: Dr Caroline Johnson holds seat for Tories as Labour heads towards 'electoral disaster'

Those who voted against article 50, along with those who abstained are in the main to blame for the BIG DECLINE in Labour in my view, and they are too conceited to grasp that fact, Sadly myself and quite a few people i know, will NEVER vote for them again, whilst fools that seem only to listen to the arse kissers rather than the ordinary Labour voters remain in office. thats my 2 pennyworth.

Less 09-12-2016 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1182694)
Those who voted against article 50, along with those who abstained are in the main to blame for the BIG DECLINE in Labour in my view, and they are too conceited to grasp that fact, Sadly myself and quite a few people i know, will NEVER vote for them again, whilst fools that seem only to listen to the arse kissers rather than the ordinary Labour voters remain in office. thats my 2 pennyworth.

It's a party that lost it's way quite a while ago, seems to have as many millionaires and wannabe millionaires as the Tories, which means they are more influenced by greed than their party members and the ordinary people that would at one time traditionally vote for them, (fortunately despite their lack education these folk have woken up to this fact and no longer support these graspers).

I suggest that Labour starts a campaign to remove these greedy members and get back to grass roots, distribute a few hearing aids and start listening to people again instead of telling them they are too stupid to understand.

I nominate the following as the Chairman to organise this:-

and to assist him at a local level this 'loyal member':-

cashman 17-02-2017 11:20

Have just listened to Blairs arrogant drivel this morning, basically he says he understands Brexit us ignoramuses dont.:rolleyes: Well ive got news for him, and its probably the same for many people i think! when i voted leave, i never imagined it would be easy or straightforward, but as far as i was concerned in the long run,it would would be much better, especially for my grandchildren, also i know quite a good few who voted remain, who have told me "Now" they are happy to leave, for various reasons, many being the bullshine they have been fed from the media, so me for one hope Blair carries on gobbing off, cos i think it will put more people on the leave bus.

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 11:40

I cannot find words to say how I feel about this oxygen thief.
It was also in the Accrington Observer this week that 20% had changed their minds about how they voted in the referendum...though it was not clear how they had changed their minds, whether it was'for' or 'against'.
Like you Cashy, I never thought for one minute that it would be easy, or for that matter without some cost, but knowing this did not change my vote in the least.

Tony Blair is an arrogant man who thinks he knows more than the electorate..But he does not live the life that the majority of us live so he is in no position to judge us, or for that matter to tell us how we should think, act or vote.

I also think this is a misguided attempt to put him back in the public eye. I wish he were in the public stocks. I would be the first to throw a to,ato at him...and it would tinned(jumbo catering size).
I hate the man for what he has done to this country.

cashman 17-02-2017 11:49

I could find the words, but i dont want to be banned Margaret,;)

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 12:19

When this man is living the life of a pensioner on basic pension , in rented accommodation, when he is suffering the privations of an overloaded NHS, when he is disabled and trying to make ends meet on PIP...then and only then will this man have anything at all to bring to the table. He has always lived a life of privilege. He has NEVER known poverty, he knows nothing at all about the lives of ordinary people and to set himself up as the arbiter of the needs of ordinary people is a travesty. I like slugs better than I like him(and I pour salt onto them).

Barrie Yates 17-02-2017 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187697)
I cannot find words to say how I feel about this oxygen thief.
It was also in the Accrington Observer this week that 20% had changed their minds about how they voted in the referendum...though it was not clear how they had changed their minds, whether it was'for' or 'against'.

The real details are laughable Margaret - they asked 101 people, apparently all of whom had voted to leave in the Referendum. When you take that as a percentage of the population of Hyndburn, and of the ones that did vote to leave, then the story falls apart. The Observer (MEN) must agree with our MP who stated that 95% of us didn't know what it was all about. As for BLiar, a man who lied to parliament and took us into an illegal conflict, the aftermath of which still continues, well, whatever he says, I believe in the direct opposite.

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 16:36

I can't believe that the Accrington Observer thinks that such a small survey would be representative of the whole borough...no, hang on, I can.

AccyMad 17-02-2017 17:16

They've probably followed HBC's example on that Margaret - they thought a similar survey about the market hall trees spoke for the whole borough too . . . .:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 17:30

Yes, it just shows how statistics can mislead too.

cashman 17-02-2017 17:41

Yeh but the beauty of it is in my view, people aint as stupid as they think, and the dumb gits will just encourage more to ignore their view imho,

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 18:00

Yes and it is arrogant of these people to insult the intelligence of the electorate.

cashman 17-02-2017 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187729)
Yes and it is arrogant of these people to insult the intelligence of the electorate.

Its the old we know better than you thicko peasants. really they mean lining their pockets, as Blair in fairness has done a great job.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 18:44

That (and much more)is what got the Labour Party where it is right now. Haven't learned much have they?

cashman 17-02-2017 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187737)
That (and much more)is what got the Labour Party where it is right now. Haven't learned much have they?

Sadly they never will, cos they know better than us, or so they foolishly think,

Guinness 17-02-2017 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187702)
When this man is living the life of a pensioner on basic pension , in rented accommodation, when he is suffering the privations of an overloaded NHS, when he is disabled and trying to make ends meet on PIP...then and only then will this man have anything at all to bring to the table. He has always lived a life of privilege. He has NEVER known poverty, he knows nothing at all about the lives of ordinary people and to set himself up as the arbiter of the needs of ordinary people is a travesty. I like slugs better than I like him(and I pour salt onto them).

Wow!..Clicking 'like' just ain't strong enough....that should be on posters all over the country

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2017 20:17

Just saying it how I see it Guinness.

Morecambe Ex Pat 18-02-2017 15:59

There was a knock on the door, earlier this afternoon, up here in Morecambe and it seems our quiet little cul-de-sac was being invaded by rent a mob, handing out Labour Party leaflets. I would describe the chap who spoke to me as a thug and I felt no inclination to debate anything with him.

I think that Brexit is a golden opportunity to make this country great again but we need strong leadership. Looking at the choices we have, at the moment, unless someone with a large pair steps up to the plate, I think we are stuffed.

Guinness 18-02-2017 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1187806)
I think that Brexit is a golden opportunity to make this country great again but we need strong leadership. Looking at the choices we have, at the moment, unless someone with a large pair steps up to the plate, I think we are stuffed.

Problem with Corbyn is that he tries too hard to be fair and identify with the electorate. He's in a real no-win situation with the current crop of 'how can I screw as much from the plebs as I can' politicians within his own party.

The media (especially the BBC) have it in for him. If he gives a free vote..he's a weak leader, if he uses the whip..he's a Leninist dictator.

The last guy 'Owen whatshisname' to challenge him for the leadership (who our chancer MP supported) is currently describing himself as 'Churchillian'. (*sigh*).. And then we have the bronzed millionaire Blair, straight from the sun loungers of Abu Dhabi, wearing a designer suit (that probably cost more than is spent on the annual care for the average mental health patient), informing the country that those of us that voted for Brexit have changed our minds.

The current crop of 'whats in it for me' Labour politicans have destroyed the party..Corbyn has the right idea..but he has no chance...turkeys do not vote for christmas

Margaret Pilkington 19-02-2017 09:21

The problem is that the ideology of the party was changed way back...at the timeTony Blair christenended it New Labour. It became a paler version of conservatism. The changes meant that it no longer represented the ordinary working man and his concerns. They became too good for the working classes. The Labour politicians of that time were career politicians who could not identify with the joiner, the welder, the shelf stacker.
They(in the main) came from privileged backgrounds.
They lost touch with what the electorate needed and worse than that they didn't listen to what the electorate needed. They thought they knew better than us, they treated us as uneducated serfs and peasants, forgetting that many of us had got our degrees at the university of life(and that is a life of hard learning).

I do not think there can be a return to the old Labour Party values. The current MP's all think they are better than the people who elected them...they see themselves as 'elite' and patronise the electorate when they should be representing the views and needs of the people who voted for them.

The Labour Party has made itself un electable and it only has itself to blame

cashman 19-02-2017 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187874)
The problem is that the ideology of the party was changed way back...at the timeTony Blair christenended it New Labour. It became a paler version of conservatism. The changes meant that it no longer represented the ordinary working man and his concerns. They became too good for the working classes. The Labour politicians of that time were career politicians who could not identify with the joiner, the welder, the shelf stacker.
They(in the main) came from privileged backgrounds.
They lost touch with what the electorate needed and worse than that they didn't listen to what the electorate needed. They thought they knew better than us, they treated us as uneducated serfs and peasants, forgetting that many of us had got our degrees at the university of life(and that is a life of hard learning).

I do not think there can be a return to the old Labour Party values. The current MP's all think they are better than the people who elected them...they see themselves as 'elite' and patronise the electorate when they should be representing the views and needs of the people who voted for them.

The Labour Party has made itself un electable and it only has itself to blame

To me even though i destest Blair, he had no choice really but to change it, due to the selfish society THatcher created, imho.

Margaret Pilkington 19-02-2017 10:24

I don't think it was that Vashy. Tony Blair saw himself as a Messiah. He still sees himself as a messiah. Nothing will change him.
Why would he make the party into a pale version of the Conservative party if he hated the vales of that party? That is what he did. He continued in the vein of a pale version of the Tory party.
And daft supporters followed his rallying cries, believing every word that dropped off his tongue. The tide turned when he took us into,what was,an illegal conflict( though it wasn't deemed such by the judiciary of the time).
The man is a war criminal and should be in the dock for his dirty dealings.
I have such a loathing for what that man did to this country. If you can imagine how you feel about Margaret Thatcher and then magnify it a million times you might be somewhere near.

cashman 19-02-2017 10:50

I have always been convinced it was that Margaret, i agree Blair saw himself as some sort of superior being though, have to say i detest him as much as you.;)

Margaret Pilkington 19-02-2017 11:06

Not possible Cashy.:)

Margaret Pilkington 19-02-2017 11:15

Sorry about changing your name in post 1187 Cashy...fat fingers and dim lamps.

cashman 19-02-2017 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187882)
Not possible Cashy.:)

I wouldn't put money on that if i were you Margaret,;)

Margaret Pilkington 19-02-2017 13:04

Ok...I won't

Exile on Spencer St 29-03-2017 12:55

Will be having a drink tonight!
Who'd have thought it would ever happen? :)

Margaret Pilkington 29-03-2017 14:43

Well, not me for one.
Donald Tusk says he is missig us.
If that were true then maybe there would have been fewer of the threats from J.C.Junker telling us that 'the EU would make us pay...that they would make us sorry'

Good riddance to the lot of them.
Now let's roll up our collective sleeves and get the hard work done to make them eat their words.

Oh, and mine's a strong tea with two sugars.

Barrie Yates 29-03-2017 14:55

I see our man managed to get on TV at PM Question Time today. He didn't say anything but was sat behind one who did speak - can't understand why he appeared to have a smirk on his face?

KiTChener 29-03-2017 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1191184)
I see our man managed to get on TV at PM Question Time today. He didn't say anything but was sat behind one who did speak - can't understand why he appeared to have a smirk on his face?

Think that's his default expression, never seen him otherwise!

DaveinGermany 29-03-2017 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1191171)
Will be having a drink tonight!
Who'd have thought it would ever happen? :)

Been a long time coming that's for sure. Now we need to hope our politicoes doing the negotiating stay the course & bang through what's good for the UK & not bother to much about what the EU wants!

cashman 29-03-2017 18:54

In fairness she said all the right things, but aint counting me chickens on a Tory word.

Less 29-03-2017 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187879)
I don't think it was that Vashy. Tony Blair saw himself as a Messiah. He still sees himself as a messiah. Nothing will change him.
Why would he make the party into a pale version of the Conservative party if he hated the vales of that party? That is what he did. He continued in the vein of a pale version of the Tory party.
And daft supporters followed his rallying cries, believing every word that dropped off his tongue. The tide turned when he took us into,what was,an illegal conflict( though it wasn't deemed such by the judiciary of the time).
The man is a war criminal and should be in the dock for his dirty dealings.
I have such a loathing for what that man did to this country. If you can imagine how you feel about Margaret Thatcher and then magnify it a million times you might be somewhere near.

Am I correct in thinking that a British P.M. can't be a Catholic?

and am I also correct in thinking that once Blair had finished being P.M. he changed his religion to Catholicism?

Obviously if so, his ambition comes well before any religious ideals he may have?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...2/uk.religion1

Is that a gain for correct thinking Catholics or something they shake their head at in shame?

Margaret Pilkington 29-03-2017 19:46

There are no rules which prohibit the prime minister from being a Catholic.
Tony Blair was a closet Catholic and 'came out' after he left office...though I am not sure why he did this.(it is reported that he converted once he had left office, but he wasn't know for his truthfulness was he?)