Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Ryewolf90 01-04-2019 22:01

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Graham P Jones (Hyndburn, Labour)

Voting record on the following Brexit proposals:

For Customs union: Seeking a UK-wide customs union with the EU (Ken Clarke's proposal - 273 votes for, 276 against)
Did not vote Common Market 2.0: Remaining in the European single market and seeking a temporary customs union with the EU (Nick Boles's proposal - 261 votes for, 282 against)
For Confirmatory referendum: Holding a public vote to confirm any withdrawal agreement agreed by Parliament (Peter Kyle and Phil Wilson's proposal - 280 votes for, 292 against)
Did not vote Parliamentary supremacy: Power for MPs to block leaving with no-deal by cancelling Brexit if EU won’t grant a further extension beyond 12 April (Joanna Cherry's proposal - 191 votes for, 292 against)

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 06:03

A senior civil servant, Mark Sedwill has produced a document full of doom and gloom......a supposed letter(leaked, well it would be wouldn't it...people will believe something if they think it was being hidden from us)...
food up ten per cent, police unable to protect us, impact on NI, block on borrowing....

all meaty stuff....all aimed at creating fear in the population.....because a fearful population sits down and does as it's told.....doesn't it? Not if it's British it doesn't.

This man wants us to believe this....to be shaking and fearful.

Now if food does rise ten per cent it will be because of greedy manufacturers who have been given permission to use the Brexit as an excuse for hiking prices.
Anyway, that might solve the obesity crisis.

How does this man know all these things?
Has he got a crystal ball? A doorway to the future that he can peep through?

No, of course not....these are just how he THINKS it MIGHT play out.

The civil servants in Westminster are unelected....but yet they seem to exert power over those who ARE elected.....and isn't this what we are trying to,escape from.......those who have only THEIR interests on the agenda and not ours.

I still want to be OUT....with no strings attached to us.....nothing to tie us to the toxic and failing experiment with people's lives, that is the EU.

cashman 02-04-2019 07:50

The 4 amendments last night Bercow chose to be discussed @ voted on. All 4 were worse than Mays Brexit. imho. Graham Jones voted for Clarks i believe. if so the sooner he goes the better in my view,

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 08:43

If there is a snap election...which it might just come to( not that I really think an election will solve anything and it will keep us in the hell that the EU has beme, even longer)..seeing as that lot cannot agree on anything....then Cashy, you might just get your wish.

cashman 02-04-2019 09:18

Is it just me or what? I reckon the speaker should keep order in the house, god knows it needs that. But the fact the speaker can determine what is discussed and what is not goes way beyond the power they should have in my opinion. you get a prat like Bercow, making his mind up on what suits him i reckon. this should not be allowed in my view.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 10:17

The speaker is supposed to be impartial...but he clearly isn't...he is part and parcel of the remainer establishment...now there's a surprise!

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 10:23

https://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-...cipal/speaker/
There you go Cashy....this is his role.

cashman 02-04-2019 11:02

am aware the speaker should be impartial dont think Bercow knows what that means, but i fail to see why the speaker should be able to state what is or is not discussed?

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 11:12

It is(I think) down to him being in charge of procedural issues.

cashman 02-04-2019 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226401)
It is(I think) down to him being in charge of procedural issues.

Probably correct but i dont think it should be. if they cannot remain impartial, its just extracting the urine.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 11:50

I agree totally and entirely.
He is certainly not impartial....and that makes him much like all the other incumbents...unfit for purpose....and a total Shower of Fisons.

Exile on Spencer St 02-04-2019 12:03

Bercow choosing what gets debated is about as politically impartial as media editors deciding what gets published. But at least with the latter there’s more than one.

cashman 02-04-2019 12:08

have just seen a speech by bercow, when he was younger and he was very much against the E.U. demonstrates what a SNAKE the man is perfectly.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 13:33

you should not be surprised he is a snake....isn't the Palace of Westminster a nest of snakes?

cashman 02-04-2019 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226409)
you should not be surprised he is a snake....isn't the Palace of Westminster a nest of snakes?

oh i aint at all, but some may be.;)

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 14:29

I cannot imagine there is anyone under any illusions regarding that.....after the show they have made of themselves recently

cashman 02-04-2019 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226412)
I cannot imagine there is anyone under any illusions regarding that.....after the show they have made of themselves recently

Oh i can probably some that dont post on this thread but read it.;) theres completely biased and also dummys everywhere.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 17:36

So after a marathon Cabinet meeting there is going to be a further delay to Brexit....and TM has promised that there will be no chance of the NO Deal option.....add to that the slimy worms Oliver Letwin and Yvette Cooper are going to force through a law that prevent us leaving on No deal terms....this is being allowed to happen by the dwarf John Bercow.

So let us hope that the EU are as good as their word and they end it once and for all on the 12th of April.

I predict a riot.

cashman 02-04-2019 18:00

This is a complete SELL-OUT by the slimey gets who represent (pretend too) the public vote, I fear our country will NEVER be able to re-build until every M.P. who has fought against the public vote, has been removed from office. which is NEVER likely too happen, they have destroyed DEMOCRACY. all i can say is anyone voting for any one of these creeps is a damn fool.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 18:47

69% of Yvette Coopers constituents voted to leave the EU....I bet they are impressed by her performance.
61% of Oliver Letwins Constituents in Dorset voted to leave the EU

There are 400 MP's in Parliament whose constituents voted to leave the EU.....so these men and women are a majority....but yet many of them are betraying their voters....overriding the democratic vote....doing what THEY THINK is best....not doing what they were elected to do....which is REPRESENT the constituents.

The deal is rotten to the core....the Parliament is rotten to the core.
The swamp needs to be drained.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 18:52

This makes interesting reading

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/ev...h-a-remain-mp/

Shows every constituency that voted to leave and the percentage who voted to Leave.

Ryewolf90 02-04-2019 21:13

Interesting, what would also be interesting was to see how each of these MP's voted in the various votes we've had.

Margaret Pilkington 02-04-2019 21:54

Yes, you are right....but right now I feel so disheartened and disillusioned.
I am also very very angry....that our votes mean so very little to those who are in Westminster.
I half wish that an election would be called(except that it would be pointless as it would change very little at the moment) because it would (I think) show these snakes what we really think of them....because I do not think they have any grasp of how betrayed the people feel....some of the them would be kicked out on the bones of their B-hind...and it would do them good to do a real job of work away from the rarified atmosphere of the capital.

Ryewolf90 02-04-2019 22:48

I'm also wondering which would have precedence A No-Deal Brexit Bill passed by the UK or the EU default stance of exit on 12th April, both of which would be legally binding?

And secondly what happens if the bill is passed, meaning it requires the PM to ask for an extension of Article 50 and the EU says, sorry no extension, you leave on 12th April?

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 05:57

I cannot see the EU NOT granting an extension really....they do not want US...but they do want our money.

Macron is reported to have said in some media publication(I can't now remember where I read it) that 'England has scuppered the plans for an EU Superstate'
He is said to be against granting an extension, but Donald Tusk said he would grant a long extension.

As for the laws thing.....maybe the one where we leave by default with no deal would be revoked.
I don't know...only guessing(not a good ploy)

maybe our representative in the Palace of Westminster will come on here and tell us whether one would need revoking.....but I won't hold my breath waiting for that,

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 06:11

Another interesting story is that Robin Tilbrook of the English Democrats is challenging the government in the High Court on the legality of the extension.
He is saying that we are already out of the EU as the agreed date of the 29th of March was a legally binding contract.....that Mrs May is wasting her breath in trying to do anything else...because we are out.

Legal eagles say although the argument is strong, they believe it will fail.

cashman 03-04-2019 07:34

The odds are it will fail i reckon, cos there is far too many snakes against it.

Less 03-04-2019 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226439)

Legal eagles say although the argument is strong, they believe it will fail.

So, as well as democracy, Justice has been killed off.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 08:54

It looks very much like it Less.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 08:57

Hope is a good breakfast, but a bad supper.
Attrib. Sir Francis Bacon.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 09:03

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...K-left-EU.html

There you go...this is the story.
Wouldn't it just be wonderful if it was to win.
What a poke in the nadgers it would be to Oliver Letwin....and a slap in the kisser for smug Yvette Balls-Cooper.

StanleyJosh 03-04-2019 09:37

No hope for my generation!!

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 10:06

No there definitely is not any hope for your generation.
If I were you....I would look at getting myself out of this country....Canada....Australia....either of those would do for me.
I am too old now to flit.
Should've gone in 74.

I do not know how you can look forward to a country/civilisation that is bereft of democracy.
Whose people feel so let down by those who are supposed to represent them.

Now if your post has been misconstrued by me and you feel that you would fare better within the EU....I would urge you to look at the Barcelona treaty....the Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan....and lastly the final part of the Lisbon Treaty(the treaties are legally binding documents by the way)
If we have not left by 2020, then we will be FORCED to adopt the Euro, there will be harmonisation of taxes, closer political union, the European Court of Justice will supersede any court in this land....there will be a European Army, we will be pushed into the Schengen Zone....and will be forced to accept unlimited freedom of movement.

None of this sits well with me.
Our Parliament will become little more than a parish council....rules will be handed down to us....we will have very little say in how these rules are passed because our voting weighting is currently only 8%....but will rise to....wait for it...12%.

So if this is what you want then....go for it!
I am sure you would be able to become naturalised in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and be part of the EU.

Less 03-04-2019 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226451)

Our Parliament will become little more than a parish council....rules will be handed down to us....we will have very little say in how these rules are passed because our voting weighting is currently only 8%....but will rise to....wait for it...12%.

In amongst all this doom and gloom, there is one thing that Europe won't be allowed to take away from our M.P.s, and that is their right to vote through their own pay rises!!!

cashman 03-04-2019 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1226453)
In amongst all this doom and gloom, there is one thing that Europe won't be allowed to take away from our M.P.s, and that is their right to vote through their own pay rises!!!

funny they always get an accept with that un,

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 11:26

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63IcW4eo4uM

Have a look at this....I did not find it...Nicola68.....who knows I am rabid anti EU sent it to me.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 11:34

Quote:

Yes...that is so....and they will be even less value for money than they are now because the Houses of Parliament will not be making laws....they will just be rubber stamping the ones handed to us by the crew in Brussels.
In fact I think one of the prime reasons that they are currently running around like headless chickens is that they have quite forgotten WHY they are there....and have become ring rusty in respect of legislation.
They want it all handed to them on a plate....do not want to tax their grey muscle....and they certainly aren't taxing anything other than US.

NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
GET US OUT...RIGHT OUT.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 11:39

In the YouTube clip....don't you find the quote from Michel Barnier interesting?

The heckler says it is 'unsubstantiated rubbish'....so who do you believe?
From all that has gone on in the broadcasts of the Brussels Bullies....I believe the young woman making these observations....and I am pretty sure she would have evidence to back up her claims.

cashman 03-04-2019 13:35

That video confirms what most people with sense already knew.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 13:51

Cashy I thought it might be worth putting it on here so that some of the people that are thwarting efforts might look at it.....I think you might get my drift...I know you are a very astue fellow.
Stuff like this should be in our media....not the current crap that is being spouted......Letting JC into the situation is like giving the fox the key to the chicken run.
That man is nothing more than a Marxist Opportunist...with an eye on the prize.
If he makes it so tha we stay in the CU...then we really have not left at all and both he and TM have betrayed their manifesto pledges

Less 03-04-2019 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226462)
Cashy I thought it might be worth putting it on here so that some of the people that are thwarting efforts might look at it.....I think you might get my drift...I know you are a very astue fellow.
Stuff like this should be in our media....not the current crap that is being spouted......Letting JC into the situation is like giving the fox the key to the chicken run.
That man is nothing more than a Marxist Opportunist...with an eye on the prize.
If he makes it so tha we stay in the CU...then we really have not left at all and both he and TM have betrayed their manifesto pledges

You haven't given in and opened your sparkling wine in an effort to bolster your emotions have you?
I've never seen you mis-spelling with such vigour before![emoji23]

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 15:33

No I can't bring myself to open up my bottle of Dom....sometimes when the iPad is charging it doesn't put in what I type....that is my excuse and I am sticking to it....by the time I spotted the typos, it was too late to change them....always the case isn't it

Apologies....I will try harder to make you cry with laughter in future Less.

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 15:37

So 2 more government ministers resign over Brexit:

Brexit minister Chris Heaton-Harris
Welsh Minister and government whip Nigel Adams

Less 03-04-2019 16:19

Quote:

Thinking about it, I bet it would be better for our 'hard working' members of parliament to concede to the EU and let them choose the pay rises, after all the EU is even more generous with other people's money than the set of assholes we vote in.

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 16:48

MPs have voted on whether to give time for further indicative votes next week.

And... *it's a tie*

Ayes - 310
Noes - 310

Speaker John Bercow using casting vote to reject the plan

Mark2009 03-04-2019 16:49

IMHO the talks with Corbyn are unlikely to reach any sort of conclusion as the Tory MPs will see it as joining hands with somebody with strong Marxist views. The PM repeatedly says that the result of the Referendum must be respected. What respect will there be if we end up in a Customs Union? Its not what I voted for.

Mark

PM keeps saying we must respect the referendum result Any result of this tie up which may get passed will I feel certainly not relate to what I intended when I voted so, respecting the referendum result ?

Mark2009 03-04-2019 16:52

Last post, 2 lines separated were my original thoughts which I meant to delete
sorry, Mark

Less 03-04-2019 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2009 (Post 1226473)
Last post, 2 lines separated were my original thoughts which I meant to delete
sorry, Mark

Don't worry about it, far worse mistakes are being made on our behalf by supposedly well educated people.;)

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 18:39

The second reading of Yvette Cooper's bill to prevent a no-deal Brexit is voted through by 315 to 310.

I have to say if she was my MP, I#d be really annoyed and disgusted by this given that 70% of those who voted in her constituency voted to leave.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 18:44

Oh burger!
They should be kicking her into touch.

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 18:52

Here's what Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay has to say:

He says the government cannot support the bill as it is "being passed in haste and is constitutionally irregular".

He notes that MPs have only been given two minutes to speak, which is not nearly enough and, if passed, the bill will come into conflict with existing legislation on the statute book relating to the Article 50 process.

He urges the "constitutional experts" in the Lords to address some of the flaws in the "defective" legislation.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 19:11

I have my fingers crossed that someone will kick this particular can into the long grass....and preferably into the river.

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 19:41

Sir Bill Cash "I am beginning to observe that this bill is complete rubbish."

On the other hand I did learn a new word today: Filibustering is to deliberately waste time during a debate by making overlong speeches or raising unnecessary procedural points. In this way a Bill or a motion may be 'talked out'.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 19:58

Yes...I know that word....during this walk down the Brexit Road I have learned a lot of things...but they are things I have not enjoyed learning.
The biggest lesson I have learned(and the most disappointing one) is that the little people can change NOTHING with their votes.
I have also learned that our fathers and grandfathers lives were given in vain....and that politicians are NEVER to be trusted.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2019 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1226483)
Sir Bill Cash "I am beginning to observe that this bill is complete rubbish."

On the other hand I did learn a new word today: Filibustering is to deliberately waste time during a debate by making overlong speeches or raising unnecessary procedural points. In this way a Bill or a motion may be 'talked out'.

Give that man a coconut...he is not wrong!

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 21:48

So two of the amendments in the committee stage have been voted against, the last was defeated on amendment 22 by 180 votes.

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 22:35

MPs have voted by a majority of one to force the prime minister to ask for an extension to the Brexit process, in a bid to avoid any no-deal scenario.

Less 03-04-2019 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1226495)
MPs have voted by a majority of one to force the prime minister to ask for an extension to the Brexit process, in a bid to avoid any no-deal scenario.

Is a majority of 1 similar to the referendum result?
Not enough of a majority to be taken seriously and obviously it was only achieved because uneducated M.P.s were allowed to vote. Perhaps we should get them to vote again and again until they come back with the result we want?

Ryewolf90 03-04-2019 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1226496)
Perhaps we should get them to vote again and again until they come back with the result we want?

That would be a great idea if possible to do it. It still has to go through the House of Lords

Exile on Spencer St 04-04-2019 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1226495)

Yes, and guess who that one was?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4109361.html

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 14:26

She should not even be in the house.
But then it would have gone to another tie and The Dwarf would have been called upon to cast a vote and I think he would have voted FOR the bill.

Not fit for purpose...

Ryewolf90 04-04-2019 14:28

That's just ridiculous, she shouldn't have been allowed to vote.

Graham P Jones voted for the bill to give MPs the power to compel Theresa May to seek a delay to Brexit, on 3 April (Hyndburn, Labour)

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 14:40

No change there then! Not representing the electorate of Hyndburn....come the election?!?
#chocolateteapotMP.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 15:18

Apparently having a criminal record does not disbar you from serving(that's a joke) as an MP.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 15:34

A Yougov poll of 2000 voters show that the majority of the country want to leave the EU on April 12th without a deal....the only places that buck this trend are Scotland....and London.

Gremlin 04-04-2019 18:11

I think this govenment is trying wear the Leavers down by their continual voting against one motion or another until we have had enough and coudn't care less.
As far as I'm concerned it won't change my mind. Out means out, get on with it woman before next friday.

Ryewolf90 04-04-2019 18:20

The Government Chief Whip Lord Taylor of Holbeach makes a short statement.

He tells peers that the second reading of Yvette Cooper's bill will take place tonight.

He says the remaining stages of the bill will take place on Monday 8 April.

cashman 04-04-2019 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1226543)
The Government Chief Whip Lord Taylor of Holbeach makes a short statement.

He tells peers that the second reading of Yvette Cooper's bill will take place tonight.

He says the remaining stages of the bill will take place on Monday 8 April.

I would like tomake a short statement to Cooper, F. O. you traitorous bitch.

Ryewolf90 04-04-2019 18:41

Seems even the House of Lords is split on the bill with some arguing in favour and those against.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 18:52

Cashy.....I second your statement.

That the Lords are split is a good thing....let them fight it out for a bit.

Russell...I think you might be right...but like you, I want OUT.....right OUT....no Hokey-Cokey, one leg in and one leg out.
I have not got another four decades to wait for another opportunity to have my say.

I am fed up of being ignored....being asked for my opinion to have my nose rubbed in it like a dirty dog.

It is unbelievable that politicians(those who consider themselves educated...and better than us) have made such an Irish elbow of things.
They are worse behaved than a cartload of monkeys.

cashman 04-04-2019 19:20

90% of M.P.s dont give a toss about scum like us. its called SELFISHNESS

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 19:26

Cashy, it is they who are the scum....we, the electorate pay their wages...it is time they got their P45's

Ryewolf90 04-04-2019 19:52

Interesting how the House of Lords calls the House of Commons (and vice versa) 'The Other Place'

Ryewolf90 04-04-2019 20:00

If I was a betting man, which I'm not, but I'd guess that this bill will be passed (with a few amendments).

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2019 20:11

Of that there is no doubt....but hopefully there will be a bit of filibustering by Leave peers....just to delay things.
The cherry on the cake would be a denial of an extension....but I won't hold my breath on that one either.

Ryewolf90 04-04-2019 22:27

Unsurprisingly the Peers have approved the bill at second reading without a vote. The remaining stages of the bill will be debated on Monday.

RainbowSix 05-04-2019 07:36

Whether you like this guy or not, if what he is listing is true then I'm horrified and most certainly want out ASAP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKl_uXOFseE

Margaret Pilkington 05-04-2019 08:53

I have been saying all of this for ever so long....if you ask the man in the street about the Lisbon treaty....they will not be able to tell you anything about it, let alone these worrying changes that will come into effect in 2020.

This is why I have been so Anti EU for so long.

So this video tells me(personally) nothing that I did not know.

All this has been planned to be accomplished by stealth....without the people knowing what is going on.

cashman 05-04-2019 09:16

The London Stock Exchange has to move to Frankfort with the loss of 200.000 jobs after the treaty is adopted, wonder if those planks in London are aware of that>?

Margaret Pilkington 05-04-2019 09:59

As I have said Cashy....the majority of the population DO NOT KNOW the full implications of NOT Leaving.
They are in for a helluva shock....

cashman 05-04-2019 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226588)
As I have said Cashy....the majority of the population DO NOT KNOW the full implications of NOT Leaving.
They are in for a helluva shock....

To be honest if that occurs i will be sick as a parrot, but even so i will laugh heartily at those big headed clowns.

Margaret Pilkington 05-04-2019 12:58

https://fullfact.org/europe/viral-li...-treaty-wrong/
More stuff for those who do not believe the video.

This stuff is really scary....and for our children and grandchildren has far reaching consequences.

We have all SEEN how peevish and Vindictive those in Brussels are....so it should be cause for concern if we do not get OUT(and it's looking increasingly unlikely given the turn of events) because the EU will do everything to punish us for our audacity.
And there is NOT A THING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

We cannot veto anything, we cannot abstain from casting a vote....so those unelected goons in Brussels will have us by the goolies.
All the laws will be handed to us...our judiciary will have no power.
It does not matter how much we disagree with what is handed to us....we can do nothing to change it....our vote weighting is a puny 8%.....will raise to a puny 12%....not much we can change with that level of power
We will be compelled to be part of the Schengen Zone.....forced to take as many migrants as they want to dump on us.....and NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.
If we think the deal that Appeaser May has negotiated is bad...this outcome will be a thousand times worse.
The EU will have control of financial markets, they will be the ones setting taxes....so you better believe that we are going to be taken to the cleaners.

We will be compelled to adopt the Euro.
We will lose our sovereignty and become a Federal state of the EU....a vassal state...with us on our knees to Brussels.
We will be in the jaws of the crocodile that is smiling at the thought of us being....lunch.
Now, do you get why I am so Anti EU.

Exile on Spencer St 05-04-2019 13:21

How much rope do you think we’d need for Teraitor May?

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-g...et-be-to-come/

Morecambe Ex Pat 05-04-2019 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1226600)
https://fullfact.org/europe/viral-li...-treaty-wrong/
More stuff for those who do not believe the video.

This stuff is really scary....and for our children and grandchildren has far reaching consequences.

We have all SEEN how peevish and Vindictive those in Brussels are....so it should be cause for concern if we do not get OUT(and it's looking increasingly unlikely given the turn of events) because the EU will do everything to punish us for our audacity.
And there is NOT A THING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

We cannot veto anything, we cannot abstain from casting a vote....so those unelected goons in Brussels will have us by the goolies.
All the laws will be handed to us...our judiciary will have no power.
It does not matter how much we disagree with what is handed to us....we can do nothing to change it....our vote weighting is a puny 8%.....will raise to a puny 12%....not much we can change with that level of power
We will be compelled to be part of the Schengen Zone.....forced to take as many migrants as they want to dump on us.....and NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.
If we think the deal that Appeaser May has negotiated is bad...this outcome will be a thousand times worse.
The EU will have control of financial markets, they will be the ones setting taxes....so you better believe that we are going to be taken to the cleaners.

We will be compelled to adopt the Euro.
We will lose our sovereignty and become a Federal state of the EU....a vassal state...with us on our knees to Brussels.
We will be in the jaws of the crocodile that is smiling at the thought of us being....lunch.
Now, do you get why I am so Anti EU.

Most of the points you make are contradicted in the article you provided a link to. There has been a viral post doing the rounds stating most of the points you highlight.

Margaret Pilkington 05-04-2019 15:27

Some of the points ARE contradicted...BUT.....if we do not get out, the things that are contradicted will come into law....made by the EU because they know that once they legislate there is nothing we can do to change it.
I have read another article which has pointed this out, but can I find it?
No....I cannot, but it is at least a couple of months since I read it.

What I will say is.....DO YOU TRUST THEM not to do these things when they clearly state that the aim is to ensure that ALL EU MEMBERS adopt EU rules??
Because I don't

Margaret Pilkington 05-04-2019 15:40

I will have another look for the other article and post links to it when I locate it.

My distrust of what politicians tell me is total....especially in respect of EU politicians.

Morecambe Ex Pat 06-04-2019 08:26

No I do not trust them which is why I voted to leave but misleading articles like the one you linked to only give the remainers fuel for their belief that all leavers are as thick as pig muck.

Remainers are quick to point out that Britain has a say in all matters of the EU and that by leaving we are giving up that right. If we no longer belong to the club, why do we need to follow their rules.

If we are selling products to other countries, whether in the EU or outside of it, the product has to be fit for purpose, up to the required standard and be competively priced.

I just don't understand where tariffs come into it, they say they are there to protect local jobs but our manufacturing industries have been overwhelmed by cheap imports.

Of course our own government have played a large part in killing manufacturing off as they concentrate their efforts on financial services down in the centre of the universe. As risks go, that is a big one because the whole financial industry could relocate to anywhere in the world, at the drop of a hat and then where would UK plc be?

cashman 06-04-2019 08:51

Remainers are the ones that told bigger and more lies than the leavers, Cameron, and osborne started em off and may and loads more carried on with them.

Margaret Pilkington 06-04-2019 14:08

The lies go further back than that.
We were let into the EU via a trading organisation...and those in government knew exactly what was being done.
The aim of the EU has always been to 'sleepwalk' nations into a position from which it would be hard to escape.
So Heath was one of those who led us like sheep to the slaughter, but it was John Major who ratified the Maastricht treaty which damaged the U.K.
Then Gordon Brown signed off on the Lisbon treaty.
This is the treaty that Eire rejected and was sent back to vote again until they came up with the answer that satisfied the Brussels goons.
I just hope that they deny the request for an extension...or better yet chuck us out.
A vain hope, I am sure.

Hill Walker 06-04-2019 16:25

Seems the confusion and chaos has spread into the Passport Office
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47833702

Perhaps just trying to cover all possibilities.

Morecambe Ex Pat 06-04-2019 18:25

Could a 'No deal Brexit hit my holiday plans?'.

Depends if you believe that bull**** grows on trees.

Version 1: - The Remain View Point.
Sorry but if you have booked a holiday outside the UK then you are out of luck. All foreign travel has been suspended as the ports and airports have all been closed to keep those pesky foreigners out of good old Englandshire.

Version 2: - The Leave Version.
Yes, of course you can come here on holiday and be ripped off in the Eurozone because apart from fishing in your waters for depleting stocks of gastrofish, what else have we to offer? Please come and visit us as with your pounds in our pockets, we can try to pay off our debts to that EU lot who, it seems, own all of our mineral wealth as well as our women.

Ryewolf90 09-04-2019 00:56

The House of Commons approves Lords Amendment 5 to the #EUWithdrawal5Bill by 390 votes to 81. This concludes debate on Lords amendments to the #EUWithdrawal5Bill. The Bill now awaits Royal Assent.

Basically we can't leave the EU on a no deal or maybe not as EU law supersedes the law that's about to be passed......

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2019 06:14

We can't leave the EU on a no deal basis....unless they chuck us out.

What a load of useless tosspots we have in government....supported by a load of useless OLD tosspots in the H.o L.
I hope they are all feeling very pleased with themselves.
A pox on Cooper and Letwin....bring on a GE and then we can show them our ire.

Gremlin 09-04-2019 07:55

Almost three years after a vote to leave the EU and still no decision has been made on how best to achieve the exit.
A bill to stop a “no deal” exit is discussed, voted on and passed in a few hours.
It’s obvious to me that this pig trough called parliament is determined to keep the UK in the hands of the corrupt dictatorship of the EU.
Last year I was expecting Britain to be a free Country again by now and there would be celebrations in the streets.
Instead, I’m sat up in bed reading the news and drinking my morning coffee wondering if my hopes and prayers of a free UK will ever come to fruition.

monkey hanger 09-04-2019 09:03

[QUOTE=Gremlin;1226794]
It’s obvious to me that this pig trough called parliament is determined to keep the UK in the hands of the corrupt dictatorship of the EU.

when the big majority of em wanted to remain in the first place it was obvious to me that they,d fight tooth and nail to get their own wishes and sod us. the only time they do want us is a general election and its always been the same.

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2019 09:06

Russell, it was a vain hope I think.
Our opinions count for nothing....our votes mean nothing because they can be trumped by those who purport to represent our wishes...but clearly do NOT.

It was a huge shock to the establishment that our Anti EU feelings were so strong.
That just shows how divorced they are from the man in the street...how little they know the electorate.

I have watched with disgust the shenanigans in Parliament and have come to the conclusion that most of the representatives there have pus for brains.

How do they not 'get' that you play your hand of cards like you hold all the aces.

We have been sold into permanent vassalage to the EU.
I fear that we will never be free from Brussels meddling....and I also fear that there will be punitive measures instigated against us in the future.

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2019 09:40

TM has flown off to Brussels today with her begging bowl...for an extension to article 50.
It is reported that the price we will have to pay is to stay in the EU until March 2020(meaning the expense of the election of MEP's who will never exercise their rights in the EU Parliament) we will also be punished by losing some of the current freedoms.....and the EU will insist on a mechanism which prevents any future Brexiteer PM from reversing the powers.
So, with friends like these you do not need enemies.

Exile on Spencer St 09-04-2019 13:16

Well, if the liars, Quislings, and traitors in London want us to vote in their mickey-mouse election, there's only one party that's getting my votes:

https://thebrexitparty.org/registered-supporter/

Sometimes you just have to undermine the walls of a prison to escape it.

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2019 13:56

Angela Merkel, it is reported failed to show up on the red carpet to greet TM....but waited inside the building.
Discourteous and undiplomatic...how many more ways does TM need to show her that her presence is uinwelcome...she needs to gift them her basence...and ours too.

OH....heck I forgot that Cooper and Letwin had set fire to that plan.

Say that the EU say we have to stay in until next March.....with no chance of influencing any of the laws, trade deals or whatever....BUT STILL having to abide by those deals, laws etc....how damaging they could make things.....and our useless politicians still running round with no kind of a plan...still not agreeing on anything.
I think this is a ploy to induce Brexit fatigue...so that we will accept anything...worst of it is...our clueless lot will take anything.

Exile on Spencer St 09-04-2019 14:36

That’s been the EU and May/Hammond’s plan from day two.
It worked in Ireland, Holland and Denmark. In France they had to fly in some votes from the Pacific and Indian Oceans to win their referendum.