Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

cashman 25-09-2019 18:22

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I doubt very much if they care? they are probably ALL involved in someway drawing money from the E.U.

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2019 19:28

Yes....they are all Lords and Ladies, so probably have their properties and interests in France....as you say they have no real allegiance to folk like us....because they do not live our lives.
Something that we cannot do anything about because their desires have trounced our votes.

monkey hanger 26-09-2019 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232185)
Yes....they are all Lords and Ladies, so probably have their properties and interests in France....as you say they have no real allegiance to folk like us....because they do not live our lives.
Something that we cannot do anything about because their desires have trounced our votes.

its nothing new though. if you do not live in places like accrington, keighley or hartlepool i doubt they know and thats if they actually want to know what our every day life is. we do not live in gated communities or miss marple type villages that are removed from real life. when all laws are passed i have ofter wondered what planet these people live on.

monkey hanger 26-09-2019 09:32

[QUOTE=cashman;1232174]Just switched Parliament channel on just shows what the gob****es have achieved, nothing it was half empty.:

that would make it quite full then. i,ve seen more people sat on park benches in a thunderstorm than at some sittings i,ve seen. they always have one excuse or another to give on non attendance. wish i could have had as many excuses for not going to work as i,d have been a happier man.

cashman 26-09-2019 12:06

My honest opinion of the Labour Party, for what its worth, Blair destroyed the working class completely, Corbyn for me has made it "Irreparable"

DaveinGermany 26-09-2019 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1232148)
you mean like those of us who have always wanted out are shown and spoke about in the media. wait till the bbc do a programme on brexit in some town around the country. the remainer they find will be smart, young and talks the talk where the brexit person they find will be the total opposite.

About par for the course mate.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 13:21

It would not matter one jot if Boris(or anyone else in the current goverment) went to Brussels and got a gold plated withdrawal agreement.....Parliament would not accept it.

They do not want the withdrawal agreement in any shape or form...they just want to delay and delay until article 50 is revoked

It has ceased to be about what is best for the country.
...It is the stuff of Schoolyards, the games played by 8 year olds(and goodness knows they do that better too), trying to score petty points.
The current situation is about Personalities NOT politics
Our useless politicians have lost the ability to be able to govern...and this is what you get after 47 years of NOT governing, but being governed by Brussels(by stealth).

shower of fisons...the lot of them
For Goodness Sake GET US OUT...RIGHT OUT....this has gone on far too long

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 13:33

Off Topic...I KNOW...
Did anyone see our esteemed representative speaking in the House of Commons last night?
Not anything about the current Brexit issues...or for that matter anything to do with our region, but about Guided missiles in the YEMEN.
This man is not earning any respect from the electorate and he certainly is not earning his corn.

Sorry for that. I just had to get it off my chest.

cashman 26-09-2019 18:44

our M.P. will not talk brexit cos i reckon hes realized the damage hes done long ago to his constituents, But i would not trust him to come over too what the people voted for. NEVER.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 19:23

If that man told me it was dark outside....I would need to check for myself.

He is as despicable as they come because he has NOT represented what his electorate voted for.....he thinks he knows far better than we do what is good for us.

Yes he P'd on his chips in regard to Brexit very early in the game.
That is not to say that he did not have a chance to redeem himself.
Lord only knows it has taken us long enough to get to where we are(nowhere, in the great scheme of things)....but still he thinks that he is doing nothing wrong by us.

I despise the man.
In the event of a GE, his minions had better not darken my door.

cashman 26-09-2019 19:25

Also they are slagging B.J. for trying to get what the public voted for, saying he is using bad words and stuff, They obviously forget they were calling the leavers, FACISTS, RACISTS, TOO THICK to know what we were voting for, how convenient they never recall saying all this stuff and more. then the barstewards wonder why people are angry.

Exile on Spencer St 26-09-2019 19:28

It’s often said (unjustly) that Americans have no sense of irony but something I heard today suggests we’ve had an irony bypass.
That poisonous toad Bercow suggested that the atmosphere in the Palace of Poltroons yesterday was “toxic”, and no one laughed!

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 19:35

There is a lot of 'Boris Bashing' going on in the media right now, but this mess is really not of his making.
It is the likes of the people like Hilary Benn, Gina Miller, the Cherry woman, John Major, John Bercow who have created this paralysed Parliament.....and even now there are moves afoot to tie The PM's hands....to make him go to Brussels and 'beg' is how they put it....for a further extension until next year.

We have, since the end of March, paid 1.1 billion pounds per month into the EU coffers for the privilege of being neither in nor out, and having little influence during that time.
By the end of January(which is when they want the extension to run until) we will be poorer to the tune of something in the region of 10 billion pounds.
This is our money.
Think of all the good that money could have done in this country.

The PM has been in office for only a short time and everything is being done, not just to stop him being effective in getting us out, but in demonising and demolishing him as a person...Even his sister has put her six pennorth in too.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1232204)
It’s often said (unjustly) that Americans have no sense of irony but something I heard today suggests we’ve had an irony bypass.
That poisonous toad Bercow suggested that the atmosphere in the Palace of Poltroons yesterday was “toxic”, and no one laughed!

Calling Bercow a poisonous toad is unkind to poisonous toads....they cannot help being poisonous toads....unlike Bercow who works on being as loathsome as possible....and he is doing it for notoriety.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 19:49

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/a-country-under-attack/

Worth a read.

cashman 26-09-2019 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232207)

if that is correct i think BLAIR has played a big part of this, in fact i would put money on it.

Jimmy Clitheroe 26-09-2019 20:00

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-uncertainty/

This is another whinging group that annoys me. This selfish shower want the best of both worlds. The simple answer to their problems is to apply for citizenship in the country they are living in. They want to have two sets of rights and votes - none of them should have been allowed to vote in the referendum. They have buggered off and said knickers to Britain yet still want to have a say in how the country is controlled and run.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 20:02

I am sure it is correct....and like you I feel that Blair is implicated.....but many others are too.
These traitors who are trying to sell the U.K.by the pound are enemies of the state....fifth columnists.

We are being denied the opportunity to have our say in matters, a GE......because those in the HoC know that there is a thirst for revenge of our betrayal.

Jimmy Clitheroe 26-09-2019 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232203)
Also they are slagging B.J. for trying to get what the public voted for, saying he is using bad words and stuff, They obviously forget they were calling the leavers, FACISTS, RACISTS, TOO THICK to know what we were voting for, how convenient they never recall saying all this stuff and more. then the barstewards wonder why people are angry.

Precisely - the arrogance of "those who know better" knows no bounds. Isn't dictating your views in opposition to those that people actually want.. er fascism ?

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1232209)

This is another whinging group that annoys me. This selfish shower want the best of both worlds. The simple answer to their problems is to apply for citizenship in the country they are living in. They want to have two sets of rights and votes - none of them should have been allowed to vote in the referendum. They have buggered off and said knickers to Britain yet still want to have a say in how the country is controlled and run.

Absolutely spot on.

Jimmy Clitheroe 26-09-2019 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232210)
I am sure it is correct....and like you I feel that Blair is implicated.....but many others are too.
These traitors who are trying to sell the U.K.by the pound are enemies of the state....fifth columnists.

We are being denied the opportunity to have our say in matters, a GE......because those in the HoC know that there is a thirst for revenge of our betrayal.

But who is there to vote for in an election ? -
- Johnson who'll sell us to Trump
- The Lib Dems who'll sell us to Brussels
- or Corbyn who hasn't decided who to sell us to yet.

cashman 26-09-2019 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1232213)
But who is there to vote for in an election ? -
- Johnson who'll sell us to Trump
- The Lib Dems who'll sell us to Brussels
- or Corbyn who hasn't decided who to sell us to yet.

i think perhaps your beginning to believe the media mate? i do not believe for one min B.J. will sell us to Trump and i have NEVER voted tory in my life.in fact i have always despised them. but to get us out if it is possible i certainly will vote for them.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2019 20:41

I am with Cashy on this.
The media would have you believe all sorts of things.
Just another strand of project fear.
The easiest way to conquer the population is to make them afraid and divide them...ridicule them too....these are all tools of control.

As for who to vote for.....it would (at this point ) have to be someone who would not dilute the value of my vote in respect of Brexit.....and right now it would have to be whoever stood as a Tory.
Voting for the Brexit party, might just might let someone else in.....someone who has plans to flush UK PLC down the gurgles.
Unless of course Boris formed an alliance with the Brexit party....and I don't think that will be happening.

Jimmy Clitheroe 26-09-2019 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232214)
i think perhaps your beginning to believe the media mate? i do not believe for one min B.J. will sell us to Trump and i have NEVER voted tory in my life.in fact i have always despised them. but to get us out if it is possible i certainly will vote for them.

Probably right in him being the lesser of the evils and to ensure we get out of that damn EU. It just seems that we have such a poor selection of politicians at such a critical time.
Anyhow should follow 'proper procedure' - achieve the key objective first and the rest can be sorted out later.

Margaret Pilkington 27-09-2019 07:00

The situation might be improved by kicking out some of these useless, ego-maniacal, self serving MP's.....I include our own representative and the ludicrously biased Speaker in that observation.
Except to do that we NEED to be allowed to vote.
The MP's know the anger that the electorate are nursing and of course, they do not want to lose their cushy number with a gold plated pension, do they?
But come a GE....they will feel the wrath of the electorate.

Margaret Pilkington 27-09-2019 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232203)

The irony of the situation is those that are crying 'racist, and fascist' is that that label should be attached to them....for their devious underhand way they have delayed things....when what they really want is to revoke article 50.....so dishonest fits the bill there.

DaveinGermany 27-09-2019 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1232209)

This is another whinging group that annoys me. This selfish shower want the best of both worlds.

Not all are whiners Fella & not everyone living abroad had a say on the UK leaving or the UK parliament(teflon Tony saw to that). I & many other ex-service lads living in Germany settled here after our service for personal reasons (married local lasses).

I know for a fact that lots of us want the UK to get out without any ties & are more than prepared to face the consequences despite any personal hardship that may present because we think it is what is right for the UK.

monkey hanger 27-09-2019 08:21

think when people resort to calling those with different views racists and fascists it always shows in some way they are loosing an arguement. wonder if some actually know what a racist or fascist actually is.

cashman 27-09-2019 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1232227)
think when people resort to calling those with different views racists and fascists it always shows in some way they are loosing an arguement. wonder if some actually know what a racist or fascist actually is.

Dunno but if they look in the mirror it will explain it.

Jimmy Clitheroe 27-09-2019 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1232225)
Not all are whiners Fella & not everyone living abroad had a say on the UK leaving or the UK parliament(teflon Tony saw to that). I & many other ex-service lads living in Germany settled here after our service for personal reasons (married local lasses).

I know for a fact that lots of us want the UK to get out without any ties & are more than prepared to face the consequences despite any personal hardship that may present because we think it is what is right for the UK.

It's very refreshing to hear - a lot of those settled in Spain seem to belong to our new 'entitled classes' though. They want to retain their access to UK services (especially the NHS) without having to contribute to them. While last out there on holiday a couple were planning a trip back over so they could sort out her hip operation. Means they skip paying local health insurance. While I can't really blame them for saving money I don't see why those of us stuck here should be paying for it. Their saving becomes our additional cost.

cashman 27-09-2019 08:54

i dont think thats as bad as you think jimmy,c, when i lived in Spain my late wife became ill and was dealt with over there, the amazing thing was its much better than our N.H.S. which i would never have believed if i hadn't witnessed myself, so i knew quite a few who lived yon and never came back here for treatment, in fact a friend of mine now is in hospital yon.

cashman 27-09-2019 09:19

Also i forgot to say, if you work in spain legit, then you pay an equivalent to N.H.S. but it is dearer, so why would you return for treatment to the U.K.? also i think people who have worked in U.K. and retired there are perfectly entitled to return for treatment, after all they have paid N.H.S for many years, so why would those people have to pay for treatment their?

Margaret Pilkington 27-09-2019 09:51

There is a huge climate of uncertainty and distrust.

Sometimes people get 'sucked in' to demonstrations like this without really thinking.
It feels like demonstrating is 'doing something'....rather than just sitting back.
Though in my opinion, demonstrations rarely make any impact on what bureaucrats have already decided.

Like petitions, it hardly ever affects the outcome.

This climate of uncertainty has been magnified by the ineptitude and stubbornness of politicians both sides of the channel.
They are just NOT interested in the people, they are only interested in a petty point scoring exercise......and maybe having their name in the history books.
Egotists and megalomaniacs care nothing for the damage that their actions cause.

Jimmy Clitheroe 27-09-2019 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232233)
Also i forgot to say, if you work in spain legit, then you pay an equivalent to N.H.S. but it is dearer, so why would you return for treatment to the U.K.? also i think people who have worked in U.K. and retired there are perfectly entitled to return for treatment, after all they have paid N.H.S for many years, so why would those people have to pay for treatment their?

I'm probably guilty of taking one known example and applying it to everyone - which I shouldn't do. Most are probably decent folk and I'm doing them a disservice in pointing out the one or two bad eggs.
Anyhow, I'm still dubious about Johnson but as you point out he is the only one who has declared he will carry out what we voted for. I just find it difficult to have any faith in any of them though - I just don't see any of our current politicians coming across as being genuine.

cashman 27-09-2019 10:36

They are not but B,J, is the only one trying to get us out,the other Leaders are even worse imho Thats the main trouble with the media they paint a picture they think will sell papers nothing else.

Margaret Pilkington 27-09-2019 11:11

Yes Cashy...Initially I felt unsure of Boris Johnson.
He seemed to be a bit of a loose cannot, but so far he has been proactive in trying everything to deliver on his promises.

Yes, he has employed some risky strategy, but you cannot keep on doing the same things and expecting different results...that is the definition of stupidity.

I would support whatever actions are necessary to get us out..but it HAS GOT to be OUT...no ties, no strings and definitely no meddling from Brussels.
If he doesn't manage to deliver I will not blame him...I will blame the people who have put every obstacle in his way.

They have complained that he has used subterfuge, but they have done far worse and been supported by the hateful Speaker and the dishonest Judiciary....it is the establishment versus the people.

cashman 27-09-2019 11:37

Thats it in a nutshell Margaret, Establishment do NOT give a jot for ordinary people, B.J. for me has that sussed out, and knows damn well the people are in the Majority, the remainers also know it which is why they will not have an election unless no deal is off the table, they CARE NOTHING about me or you, only about whats best for them

MoreJoe 28-09-2019 01:15

A friend of mine from Australia was talking to me about John Anderson, a tv broadcaster who conducts in depth conversations with some informed and interesting people. Then he sent me a couple of links as examples and lo and behold I feel like I scored twice. The video link I posted below is about a year old but I found it very informative and spot on.
It also introduced me to a lady I was unfamiliar with but I really enjoyed her knowledge, her wit, and her delivery. Her name is Melanie Phillips and I guess you may already know of her.
Fair warning, the video is almost an hour long but well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Yut6zVfq0

Enjoy!
MoreJoe

accybeme 28-09-2019 07:48

Just why did the remainder’s want to recall parliament, was it just to stir up hate & division in this land, the 2016 referendum was a simple leave or remain, all parties said they would honour the result, and now they are calling for JB to resign because he wants to honour that commitment, the death of joe cox & threats to other MP’s should have been condemned by all members, to try and implicate JB for such disgusting acts is a total ridiculous,, as for the supreme court judges should they not be sitting to judge the behaviour of MPs that promised to honour that 2016 referendum as being unlawful

cashman 28-09-2019 08:09

Its all part of a bigger "Scare CAMPAIGN" i am pretty certain of that, they think people are daft enough to swallow it, I aint so sure about that remember Cameron@ Osborn etc trying that,

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1232264)
Just why did the remainder’s want to recall parliament, was it just to stir up hate & division in this land, the 2016 referendum was a simple leave or remain, all parties said they would honour the result, and now they are calling for JB to resign because he wants to honour that commitment, the death of joe cox & threats to other MP’s should have been condemned by all members, to try and implicate JB for such disgusting acts is a total ridiculous,, as for the supreme court judges should they not be sitting to judge the behaviour of MPs that promised to honour that 2016 referendum as being unlawful

They wanted to recall Parliament so that they can continue to subvert the will of the people.
They also want to score points against The PM.
They say that they want to further discuss details about Brexit(small round things, globular objects, rollocks) they have had three years of discussing.
Now they can see a PM who means business and they do not like it. He has made more progress in the time since he was appointed, but it is not the sort of progress remainers want, is it?

This is because they are not interested in the WA.
They are all dishonest, because what they really want is to revoke article 50, they feel that the only way this could happen is by continuously delaying.

The Media and parliamentarians want to pour as much discredit on the PM.

It is OK for them to use insulting and disparaging language, but not OK for the Leavers to use the same tactics.

What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2019 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreJoe (Post 1232257)
A friend of mine from Australia was talking to me about John Anderson, a tv broadcaster who conducts in depth conversations with some informed and interesting people. Then he sent me a couple of links as examples and lo and behold I feel like I scored twice. The video link I posted below is about a year old but I found it very informative and spot on.
It also introduced me to a lady I was unfamiliar with but I really enjoyed her knowledge, her wit, and her delivery. Her name is Melanie Phillips and I guess you may already know of her.
Fair warning, the video is almost an hour long but well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Yut6zVfq0
Enjoy!
MoreJoe

Well, MoreJoe...you were right...it was a longish watch.
Initially , when I saw it was Melanie Phillips I was a bit concerned that she might be on her left wing promoting soapbox.
She used to write for the left wing Guardain newspaper....so I was totally wrong footed by her change in her ideology.

That was a very interesting video and I found myself not only agreeing with her, but cheering her staance.
Many of the things she said, I have been saying on here for as long as I can remember.
So thank you for posting the video.

For those of you who have not watched it...i recommend it!

cashman 28-09-2019 14:22

i cant im waiting for some mate to sort my computer sound has gone. gonna take 6 days at least away at moment.

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2019 14:35

Well Cashy....when you get your sound back, it is worth a look....failing that watch on YouTube with subtitles.

Margaret Pilkington 29-09-2019 09:23

Way Back on this thread, I said that I was suspicious that remainers had colluded with the people inside the EU...(those who were opposite us and supposed to be negotiating a WA)
I said I felt that they had been supported with advice on how to keep the UK from leaving the EU.

Well what do you know? Investigations are taking place because there is evidence to suggest that this is the case.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Boris-Johnson

Oliver Letwin Dominic Grieve and Philip Hammond have been impicated......Philip Hammond has said that this is categorically untrue...but then, he would say that wouldn't he?
Is that not treachery? Is that not the work of traitors, fifthe columnists??

There is even a suggestion that John Bercow might bypass the PM and appoint an EU commissioner over his head.

What has it come to when elected MP's sell out their voters by seeking assisstance from the organisation we are trying to leave?

I am going now...to lie down in a darkened room with a valium sandwich (sigh)

Jimmy Clitheroe 01-10-2019 19:41

I think Sadiq Khan is probably going to be one of the bigger threats. I believe he will replace Corbyn before long and is poised to become the new Blair.

- here is his twitter message from yesterday ….

Sadiq Khan@SadiqKhan·
Sep 30
To the one million EU citizens who have made our city your home: you are Londoners, you make a huge contribution and you are welcome here.

What he neglects to mention is whether he includes.....

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/...prees-homeland

….that lot.
I wouldn't be surprised if once they leave jail they will end up with a council flat in Islington and full benefits. Johnson (or someone) needs to start pushing that any rights should only be granted to law abiding citizens and we need to reserve the right to expel the likes of murderers, rapists, burglars etc.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2019 21:30

Sadiq Khan has nothing at all to be proud of during his time as Mayor of London.....and as for taking over From Corbyn....I think there might be a queue.

No one in their right mind would want to emulate TB....a bigger liar than Tom Pepper and the single most hated man for what he did to the fabric of society.
He was big on sound bites and little on action...more interested in how he will be portrayed in the history books, than sorting the ills of the country.

brenttaylor6591 01-10-2019 23:23

Being a newbie to this site I find a refreshing approach to the healthy debate of current topics.
My own perspective on the whole Brexit issue being that in 1652, the Civil War commenced to decide who had the ultimate power to represent the wishes of the people, the Sovereign or Parliament. I have grave concerns when reading in the press or hearing on TV, that we appear to in an era of “the Sovereignty of Parliament”. I don’t recall a vote transferring “the divine right”, from the one to 650!
Whether a leaver or remainer, a democratic referendum was held, the arguments for and against presented and it’s time this was accepted and the expressed will of the majority respected.
History holds many examples of the failures of appeasement towards European issues and and unless we begin to acknowledge the fundamentals of democracy we are in danger of accepting our elected “betters”, have that dive right to make decisions regardless of the wishes of the people.
Still the Civil War only lasted nine years so only another six to go maybe[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cashman 16-10-2019 18:11

jaguar and land rover now think leaving the E.U. will be a good thing, funny sod all on any news channel that ive seen go look it up folks.:D

Margaret Pilkington 16-10-2019 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232712)
jaguar and land rover now think leaving the E.U. will be a good thing, funny sod all on any news channel that ive seen go look it up folks.:D

Oh, c'mon Cashy....we all know that the reporting media do not report those things that portray leaving the EU in good light....they all want us to be cowering and afraid of the future.
They want us to be submissive to a dictatorial undemocratic regime.

A divided and fearful population is far easier to manipulate and control.

monkey hanger 17-10-2019 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232712)

oh they will cashy if they can find something wrong about the owners at jaguar and land rover now. it will head the news channels.

Ryewolf90 17-10-2019 23:40

I see the Anti-Brexit campaigners have launched a legal bid to stop the UK government from passing its proposed EU withdrawal agreement. Campaigner Jo Maugham QC confirmed the petition had been lodged at Scotland's highest civil court. Why are these all going through the Scottish Courts and not English ones?????

Mr Maugham was involved in the legal fight against Boris Johnson's decision to suspend parliament for five weeks - a move that was ruled unlawful by the Supreme Court.

He was also part of the team that wants the Court of Session to rule on whether it could use a special power called nobile officium to sign letter requesting an extension to the Brexit process on behalf of the government.

cashman 18-10-2019 08:13

Its funny, all the Traitorous Scum that are supposed to represent the public, said B.J. did not want and would NOT get a deal, now he has got one which by the way would probably have been better if this scum had not put obstacles in the way!! now i havcent heard nobody say we were wrong? hes got a deal. all we get now from them is is "Far worse than T.M.s deal its SCAREMONGERING of the highest order, i just hope the public are not daft enough to fall for this.

Exile on Spencer St 18-10-2019 11:08

One view of Johnson’s so-called deal.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_oct_e...k_colonisation

cashman 18-10-2019 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1232745)
One view of Johnson’s so-called deal.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_oct_e...k_colonisation

that view could well be correct? cant get away from the simple fact that these barsteward remoaners have caused it? so personally i think No Deal is the only way.

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2019 12:01

Like Exile, I think that this is not to the advantage of the UK.....did you see all those pictures of the smiling members of countries in the EU(Angela Merkel, Macron, Juncker, Barnier et al)?that has to be ringing alarm bells.
It means that they think we have been bamboozled. That they have got one over on us.
It is not Brexit.

I don't think the MP's will vote for this WA.....and I think this is because it is BJ that has achieved it......but I really do hope they vote it down because then we have to leave by default....and Juncker has said emphatically that there will be NO extension(not that I really believe that).

This is not leaving....and we would be in a worse position than we are now.
The only way is a clean break.
No ECJ, no single market, no customs union.
If we are signed up to this withdrawal agreement then the PM has sold us out.

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2019 12:18

My feelings on these proposals....and you all know what a cynical baggage I am, are that these delays and the obstacles to a straightforward exit have been calculated, manipulated to create 'Brexit fatigue' so that the population will accept anything....just because they want the wrangling to end.

The media are portraying this as a good development but they are all remainers.....and this so called deal sees us trapped.....and still paying in and having NO say in how rules, regulations and how laws are formulated.
The Backstop was a red herring.....and while it seems that this has been ditched.....no other parts of The May Withdrawal Agreement has changed.
The EU has given us nothing....the EU will give us nothing....they have no desire to do anything for us.....all they want is our money.

accybeme 18-10-2019 13:31

The full implications of the Boris deal are unclear to me and to many others no doubt, but from what I’ve read we will still not be a free of the EU, in the event of MP’s forcing a second referendum, I can envisage that (leave and no-deal) would be absent from the ballot paper, otherwise the second referendum would be pointless as the vote would result in a small split majority, which wouldn’t solve anything

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2019 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1232755)
The full implications of the Boris deal are unclear to me and to many others no doubt, but from what I’ve read we will still not be a free of the EU, in the event of MP’s forcing a second referendum, I can envisage that (leave and no-deal) would be absent from the ballot paper, otherwise the second referendum would be pointless as the vote would result in a small split majority, which wouldn’t solve anything

and that is just the way the political classes want to keep it...the less we know the less we can object to.

As for a second referendum...this is a denial of democracy.....the first one has not been acted upon...despite all the parties saying in their election manifesto that they would honour the will of the people...none of them have.

None of the parties know the meaning of honour or democracy...it is only democratic if it is in line with their wishes...so there is no point in another one.

However, if a second referendum were to happen, then the option to remain should not be in the options....it was already decided that we were leaving.
So it should be Leave with the TM/BJ WA or leave by default.

After Juncker saying that no further extension to article 50 would be allowed, Mrs Merkel has said that if this WA is voted down then there would have to be a delay in Brexit......which all makes this current WA stink more fishy than before.

The EU are scared witless of us leaving by default...they want our money and they want to have control of the strings.

Gremlin 18-10-2019 18:43

I'm scared there will be another referendum, especially one I heard a remoaner MP discussing on TV recently.

3 choices.

A- leave with no deal.
B- leave with a deal.
C- remain.
Scenario 40% remain. 30% leave with no deal. 30% leave with a deal. That's the cunning plan to split the leavers.
Out means out. for goodness sake please do as you're told Mr and Mrs M.P's..

cashman 18-10-2019 18:53

sorry gremlin theres no chance of traitors reforming.:eek:

accybeme 19-10-2019 06:53

the problem has always been that the majority of MP’s have betrayed their constituencies by voting against their wishes, come the general election there is going to be a huge rebellion against these MP’s, labour seats in the north will take the biggest hit

monkey hanger 19-10-2019 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1232775)
the problem has always been that the majority of MP’s have betrayed their constituencies by voting against their wishes, come the general election there is going to be a huge rebellion against these MP’s, labour seats in the north will take the biggest hit

or there might be a few like sarah champion in rotherham who will vote for the wishes of her constituents and not herself. they know they are being watched especially if they read comments on here.

monkey hanger 19-10-2019 08:31

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

The EU are scared witless of us leaving by default...they want our money and they want to have control of the strings.[/QUOTE]

they are scared because if we leave and are succesful by doing it then others might follow quickly. its the only way they can keep all the members under control. would really love to see the pointless organisation crash and burn.

Exile on Spencer St 19-10-2019 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1232779)
....would really love to see the pointless organisation crash and burn.

So just stay fit and healthy, MH, because the EU will crash and burn eventually.
It’s merely a jumbo version of Yugoslavia.

Gremlin 19-10-2019 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1232775)

Anybody in mind?

Jimmy Clitheroe 19-10-2019 12:20

I get fed up with being labelled as some kind of racist or fascist when I own up to voting out in the presence of the rabid remainers. Excuse me, but pretty much every constituent government of the EU contains REAL overt fascist parties in their midst. In many cases they are a major force in government. The French National Front is practically the opposition party, Vlaamse Bloc had to be disbanded in Flemish Belgium due to it's rabid policies only to reappear as a (slightly) sanitised Vlaamse Belang. The Italian Liga seems to be espousing the fine tradition of Il Duce.

EU policies are the causing the rise of the extreme right on mainland Europe along with the dogma by the EU that the dream of their European 'project' must be fulfilled.
It annoys me that they label any one with an alternative view to theirs as fascist - REAL fascists are quite easy to find - in the parliaments of many EU constituent governments.

cashman 19-10-2019 15:18

Corbyn has said a second referendum within 6 months after an election, Labour have completely SOLD OUT the working class imho. anyone voting labour is completly stupid and do not know what Democracy Means, in my view breaks my heart to say that but its the truth.

Margaret Pilkington 19-10-2019 16:55

What do these MP's want?(don't tell me....I know they want to remain in the EU, disregarding the will of the electorate)

They said they did not want a disorderly Brexit(dubbed 'no deal').....so a deal is on the table but they don't want THAT either.
They want the PM to write to Brussels requesting an extension.....wouldn't it be wonderful if the EU told them that 'time is up'.

They are a shower of Fisons.
The sooner we can get rid of them the better.

Local MP's indicated their voting intentions to the Lancashire Telegraph.....what about our own representative.....well, he was 'unavailable for comment' no surprise there then.

Jimmy Clitheroe 19-10-2019 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232788)
Corbyn has said a second referendum within 6 months after an election, Labour have completely SOLD OUT the working class imho. anyone voting labour is completly stupid and do not know what Democracy Means, in my view breaks my heart to say that but its the truth.

I fear you are right and the Labour Party are in severe danger of losing their traditional support in their efforts to appease the controlling luvvies, dovies and trendies who have lost touch with ordinary people.

Ryewolf90 19-10-2019 23:15

Well Boris's deal rejected, so unsigned letter has been sent to the EU for an extension.....

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 09:48

This development was totally unexpected wasn't it? NOT!

It looks like there has been major collusion between a group of remainers and also there are some in Brussels who have 'dirty hands'

That these people can thwart the democratic process is reprehensible.

But that elected representatives can go against the will of their voters is equally deplorable.
These MP's have no idea of the rage that is felt by those who voted in good faith.

More than three years were given to get us out.....the politicians fiddle fiddled about(and I think this was a conscious ploy to try to thwart Brexit) but now want an extra three months in which to get things sorted.

They DO NOT want the three months to get us out, they want the three months to further promote the revocation of Article 50....keeping us in

They said they did not want to leave in a disorderly fashion, but they won't vote for the changes in the WA.(and this new WA is nothing more than warmed over TM stuff...not good for the UK, but great for the EU)

They should be honest and tell the population that there was never any intention to negotiate a Leaving package....that all they wanted was to stay in the EU.

Mark2009 20-10-2019 12:29

Is Saturday time and a half or double time ?

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 12:34

They should not be getting paid at all....they have done nothing that warrants payment.....though I believe some of these grasping, greedy burgers have submitted claims for child care costs.

taddy 20-10-2019 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1232792)
Well Boris's deal rejected, so unsigned letter has been sent to the EU for an extension.....

I still have a belief, (hope), that the greased piglet as David Cameron once called him; BORIS will get us out of the grasping clutches of of the E.U. if he can't do it then I don't think anyone has the b---- to stick their head above the parapet.
Your's Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 14:25

oh, Taddy...I DO hope you are right.

But for me this WA doesn't do it...it is just a warmed over version of what May negotiated and we know that was a pathetic attempt to keep us tied to the EU...but let us think we had left.

It is unclear what will happen next.
There are moves afoot to make a legal challenge to what Boris has done.
And also the snake Keir Starmer has said they will make it law that there has to be another referendum.
If that happens we know that the questions will be skewed to make it likely that we do NOT leave at all.

cashman 20-10-2019 14:34

with any luck Starmer will get some incurable illness with a matter of days left .

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 14:58

Well Cashy, in my current situation I cannot wish that on him, but I hope that when an election is called, his constituents recognise him for the traitor he is and boot him so far that he could not be found this side of the next millenium.

Or put another way.....may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch and his arms be too short to scratch the itchy place

Less 20-10-2019 15:01

I'm so ashamed of how this period will look in history, the so called greatest parliament in the world not just ignoring the wishes of the people but manipulating everything towards their own ends.
A disgrace no matter whether a remainer or a leaver.
Do we ever need to vote again?
Well no, it's a waste of time.

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 15:05

That curse also applies to Heseltine, Hammond, Clarke, Gaulke, Nokes, Gyimah, Soames, Burt, Bebb, Harrington, Letwin, Stephen Hammond, Lee and all the others who should by rights be in the tower for treachery.

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1232832)
I'm so ashamed of how this period will look in history, the so called greatest parliament in the world not just ignoring the wishes of the people but manipulating everything towards their own ends.
A disgrace no matter whether a remainer or a leaver.
Do we ever need to vote again?
Well no, it's a waste of time.

I do not think you need to be ashamed Less.
You are not the one who is committing the treachery...it is the elected representatives, but there is little chance any of them will feel the least twinge of shame or embarrassment...they have no consciences. To them it is a political game of point scoring and seeing who can look the cleverest.

As for not voting...well that would be just up their alley...they think we are too thick to be given a choice anyway.

Don't you think that if the electorate had their way many of these would be GONE...but until we can exercise our right to a vote, then we have to put up with this delinquent parliament.

interested only in their own agendas

Less 20-10-2019 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232835)
I do not think you need to be ashamed Less.
You are not the one who is committing the treachery...it is the elected representatives, but there is little chance any of them will feel the least twinge of shame or embarrassment...they have no consciences. To them it is a political game of point scoring and seeing who can look the cleverest.

As for not voting...well that would be just up their alley...they think we are too thick to be given a choice anyway.

Don't you think that if the electorate had their way many of these would be GONE...but until we can exercise our right to a vote, then we have to put up with this delinquent parliament.

interested only in their own agendas

I do understand where you are coming from Margaret, yes it would work straight into the hands of these thieves if we don't get off our backsides and vote, but can someone please tell me how can they get away with what they are doing in what we used to call a democracy?

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1232836)
I do understand where you are coming from Margaret, yes it would work straight into the hands of these thieves if we don't get off our backsides and vote, but can someone please tell me how can they get away with what they are doing in what we used to call a democracy?

Because this is a delinquent Parliament supervised by a biased Speaker.
A Speaker who, far from being impartial, has an agenda that is in line with 60% of MP's who want to remain.

Less the problem is that our representatives have got so far removed from their voters that they could NOT conceive of us voting to leave.
They want to stay because it means that they get paid for sitting on their well padded harrises for doing NO governing, because that has been happening over the channel.
In fact, I am sure they are kacking their pants at the thought of having to make rules and regulations.

Shower of Fisons....all of them.

cashman 20-10-2019 16:47

although i always voted labour the best M.P. Hyndburn ever had was a Tory in my view, the late Ken Hargreaves. arthur davidson also was another good un.

Margaret Pilkington 20-10-2019 18:59

Yes Cashy, you are right.
Ken Hargreaves was not just a good MP, he was a gentleman.

Jimmy Clitheroe 21-10-2019 22:33

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...cid=spartanntp
-
maybe calling it the Fourth Reich is a bit extreme but if anyone is in any doubt of who actually calls the shots for the EU... German minister says yes - the other 26 don't matter.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2019 07:07

Why would we doubt that an extension would be granted.....?
They don't want us for anything but our contribution....and each month we do not break free we pay them £1.1 billion .....they are not going to turn down such an amount.....and if we thought they would then we are the fools.

We need to be OUT....right OUT....no strings, no ties....they do nothing for us other than rob us, deride us, insult us, laugh at us.

When you saw the delegation smiling and shaking hands at the thought of the 'deal' they had secured with The PM.....they were smiling because they felt we had been duped...and they had got away with it.

Let us have a GE and then see if the HoC is still as full of traitorous remainers.

cashman 22-10-2019 11:11

i agree margaret, but to me we were duped simply cos the traitors put obstacles in way of B.J. getting a proper deal.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2019 12:12

Yes,they tied his hands.
We should be leaving by default.

cashman 22-10-2019 20:11

they voted the deal tonight, then the remoaning SWINE voted for longer, yet they say its 95% the deal T.M. made, which they have been studying for ages, its been done only so this swine can shove amendments in and ****** things up again.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2019 21:17

The delay just allows further amendments that will mean we are not really leaving the EU.

Cashy it was never, ever about a no deal scenario.....and the fact is proved because BJ was thought to be unlikely to influence those in Brussels, yet he came back with something that was unexpected(not that this new WA is a better bet....because it is just TM's agreement with the backstop neutered).

It is all about staying in the EU.....another referendum would be couched in terms which meant that remain would be the winner.

17.4 million voters have been emasculated by self serving, egotistical MP's who are arrogant enough to think they know what we should have.

I cannot wait for a general election.
There is so much anger out there at the way MP's have disregarded the voters, for how they have shirked their responsibilities.

The swamp needs to be drained.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2019 21:19

Please just let ONE country exercise the power of veto over the extension.
(There are two hopes...Bob Hope and No hope)

cashman 23-10-2019 07:27

have just seen some scaremongering dickhead, waving a "Get ready for food shortages" on the news, funny that we didn,t have em before we joined the E.U. anyone takes notice of that is totally stupid,

Jimmy Clitheroe 27-10-2019 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1232930)
have just seen some scaremongering dickhead, waving a "Get ready for food shortages" on the news, funny that we didn,t have em before we joined the E.U. anyone takes notice of that is totally stupid,

Why the hell would there be food shortages when UK farmers no longer have to tip milk down the drains because the EU deem it necessary ? Most of the stuff we don't produce on this island appears to come from countries outside the EU anyway - probably because it's cheaper. I've been boycotting EU products for a while now (including their second rate supermarkets). If you believe all the garbage spewed by the remain camp then we would never be able to support or feed ourselves - utter garbage.

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2019 06:53

Even the arch remainer T.Blair(how I HATE that man) has said that the UK will flourish after We leave....even if we leave by default.

On of the MEP's question M Barnier about the 'EU punishing the U.K. In the transition period'...M Barnier refused to deny it ....so there you have your answer.

I hope that E MActon follows through and vetoes any extension....but I think he will cave in to pressure from Germany.(their economy and their political parties are in disarray too)

A general election, if it is granted still means we are not out....and it doesn't guarantee that we will get out anytime soon.

cashman 28-10-2019 08:03

It looks very much to me like Boris has sold us out, for his own ends, due to all the remoaners stopping Brexit any way they can if there is an election and Farage is in it thats were my votes going.

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2019 09:47

I think that the negotiated WA is that of TM's but with the tweaks to the Irish problem(which was never a problem anyway...it was manufactured to be a red herring so that our attention was drawn to that rather than the meat of the WA).
Boris was never going to get it through Parliament (not even with a ton of vaseline) because it is a remainer Parliament.
They do NOT want to honour the referendum, which is why three years on we are no further forward....and in the last six months concerted efforts have been made by remainers to thwart any kind of Brexit(even the bad one we are faced with, because it is not Brexit at all).

I think that had Boris a choice he would have taken us out on a default basis(no deal).....but he has had his hands tied by the Speaker and Hilary Benn. Joanna Cherry, Gina Miller and the eleven biased judges of the Supreme Court.
I think his intentions were good, but he has had banana skin after banana skin placed by the traitors I have mentioned put in his way.

I am not sure that voting for the Brexit party will see anything other than another hung parliament....it will dilute the vote, but might get rid of a lot of those who have created obstacles to the will of the people.

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2019 09:51

So no surprise there.
Macron has caved in and agreed to an extension until the 31st of January next year.

Germany has been told it has to double its contributions to the EU coffers to make up for what we might not be contributing.
They won't be pleased about that seeing as they are strapped for dosh.

Less 28-10-2019 11:03

Why were there only 11 judges and not 12 as in the juries?

Obvious isn't it, a jury is 12 good men and true,

had they put 12 judges up we could have done them under trades description!

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2019 11:13

And they were all remainers!
Says it all really.