Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

monkey hanger 10-09-2019 08:24

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1231648)
Rudd & Bercow would sit well by joining the Libs, a party that want’s a second referendum only to reject the result if it’s not the result they wanted, I really don’t see how anyone who believes in a democracy could vote for them

remember they only believe in democracy when it suits their own agenda. the idea that they and their ilk can never be wrong never enters their minds. plenty of my age have been thinking and talking about the european issue since we lost the Common Market entry reforendum and we,ll not go away after winning the last one no matter what the snakes want. we got on with our defeat and suggest they do likewise with theirs.

Margaret Pilkington 10-09-2019 08:57

What might be a good ploy to thwart the new law which has knee capped us from getting a clean exit, would be for The PM to ask for the extension, as the law requires, but then refuses to appoint a commissioner for the UK.
This would be in breach of EU rules and would get us kicked out.....we pay nowt and we are out.
Though this might have repercussions when trying to trade with the EU.....although I think that would be short sighted of them...Italy and Spain need to sell their fresh produce and their wines.
So would they ignore a well established market?

Margaret Pilkington 10-09-2019 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1231649)
The great British media have form on treachery, Margaret. This is one summary of how the Print Barons behaved in 1939.

Appeasement provides an interesting way to look at how the subject was reported in British newspapers. The two major press barons, Lord Rothermere (The Daily Mail, The Sunday Dispatch and The Evening News) and Lord Waldorf Astor (The Times and The Observer) were both strong supporters of appeasement and so the public had a very distorted picture of the negotiations. Rothermere and Astor both used their newspapers to provide a positive image of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany
https://spartacus-educational.com/sp...-blogURL7.html

S’funny how those newspapers mentioned above that still exist have always been, or have become the mouthpieces of the Remoaners.

It amazes me(well, actually, no it doesn't, because the population have been dumbed down for decades) that people do not use the power of critical thought, but just swallow this pap....without question.

I read a variety of sources...most of them online.
I frequently ask myself why these sources are feeding me this.?
What is their motive, their hidden agenda...but the I am a univalve old baggage.

Margaret Pilkington 10-09-2019 09:14

Bercow is not getting a peerage....oh dear.....what a shame.....never mind.

Exile on Spencer St 10-09-2019 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1231656)
Bercow is not getting a peerage....oh dear.....what a shame.....never mind.

When he does, can I be the one wielding the sword?

Margaret Pilkington 10-09-2019 11:46

No, you can't because A) he is NOT getting one.
And B) if he was there would be one helluva queue!

Margaret Pilkington 10-09-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1231648)
Rudd & Bercow would sit well by joining the Libs, a party that want’s a second referendum only to reject the result if it’s not the result they wanted, I really don’t see how anyone who believes in a democracy could vote for them

The Lib-Dems (what a misnomer that is) deserve them.
It is a haven for traitors and hand wringing bleeding hearts.
They will fit right in.

monkey hanger 11-09-2019 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1231663)
The Lib-Dems (what a misnomer that is) deserve them.
It is a haven for traitors and hand wringing bleeding hearts.
They will fit right in.

one party i have never had any time for. they are in a great position where they can criticise everyone else and promise the earth knowing they,ll never be in a position to deliver anything.

Margaret Pilkington 11-09-2019 08:12

Absolutely spot on...they are the party you vote for when you really want to abstain.....for me I would rather spoil my paper.
They are as much use as a knitted condom.....similarly the Green Party.

If the PM gets us out by the 31st of October, then come an election I would vote(and I can't believe I am even thinking this) would be for the conservatives....because they have followed(albeit torturously) the democratic vote.

No way on Gods Green earth will I vote Labour while the likes of Corbyn and McDonnell are in charge, and Momentum needs to be disbanded too....it falls into the same box as the English National League.

MP Ian Austin got it right.

Margaret Pilkington 11-09-2019 09:21

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaide-nrOJc

For those of you who have not seen this speech....here it is.
Wouldn't it be great to have a representative of this calibre for Hyndburn...instead we have a limp excuse for a zero.

accybeme 11-09-2019 09:49

Most of labour’s seats were won in north of England, this also happens to be the area where the majority of voters supported the leave option, so just who does Corban think he is representing, makes one wonder who the remainers would vote for in an election Corben who would support anyone other than those who elected them, Lib’s who would not honour any referendum, maybe the greens will get some extra votes then

Margaret Pilkington 11-09-2019 10:11

Despite the Brexit party having no manifesto(or not one I am aware of) I think they might mop up those who feel utterly betrayed by the Labour Party.
I have also heard other people who would never dream of voting Tory, say that they would vote that way if we were to get a clean break from the EU.

Politics has become a dirty, and broken business and there are a lot of very angry people out in what were the Labour heartlands.....and our MP's just don't get it because they are caught up in the London 'bubble'.....they are out of touch with their voters.

cashman 11-09-2019 10:48

i will certainly NEVER vote Labour whilst these false hopes represent us. FACT,

monkey hanger 12-09-2019 08:07

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1231685]Despite the Brexit party having no manifesto(or not one I am aware of) I think they might mop up those who feel utterly betrayed by the Labour Party.
I have also heard other people who would never dream of voting Tory, say that they would vote that way if we were to get a clean break from the EU.

the next general election will be really interesting as it will really be an election on one issue only. the problem is that in this country there is more than one issue to contend with and other important issues are getting sidelined due to the european issue. think most will ask the door knockers if they want in or out, but knowing politicians they,ll not give you a straight answer to this or anything else for that matter.

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2019 09:01

The last three years has been all about a single issue....and yes of course other issues have been sidelined to the detriment of the country.

So all this fuss about the suspension of Parliament is, to be blunt, bullshine.
They are losing something like five days of sittings.
What makes them think that any discussion in these five days will be more productive than the last three years?
It is all about giving Boris a kicking....all because he promised he would not ask for another useless extension..an extension that would sort nothing, solve nothing.

It is not about Brexit, it is about getting a PM who is willing to kick some butt.
A politician who in the first few days made more effective decisions than had happened in the last three years....alas, the action that these traitors want is NOT to get Brexit done.
It is to revoke article 50 and stay in the undemocratic EU.

Staying in means that these highly paid elected representatives do not need to do much thinking....do not need to worry their heads about governing the country, passing legislation....all that is going to be effected from Brussels.

As I have said in a previous post....I double dog dare them to doorknock me.

I am angry as hell at the way we have been duped by our own representative and politics in general.

Read my blog please.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...s-country.html.
Feel free to post this or a link on any social media that you use...it needs a wider audience.

monkey hanger 12-09-2019 09:59

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;.

I am angry as hell at the way we have been duped by our own representative and politics in general.

you, me and millions of others. we have had election promises that mean sod all in the end , but this is on a far greater scale.

MoreJoe 12-09-2019 12:28

Victor Davis Hanson is one of the most thoughtful erudite columnists in the United States. He is a student of history with deep knowledge of WW I and WW II as well as the drivers behind most of history's global conflicts. Today he wrote this piece about Britain and Europe.

I thought you might enjoy it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ly-integrated/

Sincerely,
MoreJoe

cashman 12-09-2019 12:48

That was well reading in my view More Joe ta.;)

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2019 13:13

Thank you for that link Morejoe.
It is interesting how those outside of the UK see the current situation.
I have never felt European....I do not want to be European....to have my nationality subjugated by a foreign country/countries.
We fought two major conflicts so that we could maintain our unique identity.
We saved the bacon of France and Belgium, but yet they feel it is Ok to insult us and our culture.

Leaving the EU is on a par with fighting a war....except a large number of the warriors are within our own political parties.

Over the last three years I have read numerous comments from remainers denying that the vote to leave was the will of a majority of the people.
They try to say that the figures indicate it is only the will of something like 36% of the population.

So here are the researched facts for them to chew over.
The population of the UK in June 2016 was in the region of 65.6 million.
Of these around 19 million were NOT ELIGIBLE to vote.
13 million chose not to exercise their right to vote.
16.1 million voted to remain in the EU.
17.4 million voted to leave(and there was nothing about leaving with a deal....or without one for that matter)
There were 25.000 spoiled or blank papers in the count.
The turnout for this referenda was 77.6%....the highest recorded turnout ever.

Now those whe were ineligible to vote were probably underage, not UK citizens or people in prison....they can be discounted.
Those who chose not to vote or to spoil their ballot paper have no right to complain as they removed themselves freely.

So as far as I can see, the leave vote had a clear majority.
These people who voted to leave, but have yet to see action on the democratic process are as mad as hell.

The democratic process it seems, is only democratic if the ruling elite say it is.
If the result goes their way, then it can be called democracy....otherwise they can employ any manner of means to overturn the will of the people.

Parliament was outraged to be suspended....placards were held high saying 'silenced'.
Being silenced is one thing.
Being betrayed is another thing entirely

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2019 13:55

Oh, I should have said...the statitics are based on information from the Office of National Statistics.

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2019 17:26

I know...I know...I am boring...I am like a dog with a bone(a Jack russell in a previous existence)...I cannot put it down.

Operation Yellow hammer.
What an almighty fuss being created by the media...blowing it all out of proportion.
Telling us there are going to be food shortages, that there will be price rises for petrol, for energy, for the staples of daily life.
They are definite about these things.....because they like to catastrophise. To make mountains out of mole hills....to turn possibilities into definites.
Why do they do this.
It is a calculated ploy to scare the bejasus out of folks. Another round of project fear.

They have calmoured for the release of this document purely so that they can do this and they imply that the Government were hiding it...hiding the possibilities of what MIGHT happen.....read that word again...it says MIGHT...not will.
No-one really knows how the situation will pan out.
But supposing, just supposing we left the EU tomorrow(yes please) in a disorderly fashion.
How would people feel if the government had not looked at the possibilities of what could happen.

This is just government doing a risk assessment, so that they can plan for eventualities(and even then there may be some that catch us by surprise).
It is a bit like the planning that went into the Millenium Bug.
Do you remember that?
Where we were told of all kinds of scary scenarios.
Did any of those happen?
Was your life in anyway inconvenienced?

Well this is the same kind of planning exercise.....though I am sure that there will be some umps in the road....the money that will not be going into the EU every month could be used as a buffer agianst many of them.
1 billion quid a month is not to be sneezed at.

Burningman 12-09-2019 17:43

I also looked at Yellowhammer... hummm, sounds like a party!

I am coming over for a short visit in November (when the pound craps out). Would you like me to bring a cup of sugar?

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2019 17:50

Why would I want you to bring me anything Burningman?

You know just as well as I do that Yellow Hammer is not meant to sound like a party

(you are sneering again and it is not an endearing trait...perhaps postpone or maybe cancel your visit until you are satisfied that you will not starve to death. Come/don't come the choice is yours).

Yellow Hammer is a 'Worst Case Scenario planning exercise. something that Governments do in times of uncertainty.
Not that you actually care because in the long run it doe not affect you

Margaret Pilkington 12-09-2019 20:35

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remai...-to-democracy/

Never was a truer word written.

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2019 06:54

A question here for Burning man.
You tell us you are coming here sometime in November...or as you put it, when the pound 'craps out'.
Let me ask you, before you travel do you take out insurance?
Insurance that will cover you if you cannot travel, or if your hotel burns down, or if your car hire falls through, or if you get sick....or in this case, if you are unlucky enough to starve to death??

Yes, of course you do.
Why might that be then?
Is it because you have taken into consideration what MIGHT go wrong during your visit?
Then what you have done is consider 'the worst case scenario'.....which is what Yellow Hammer is.

cashman 13-09-2019 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1231741)
A question here for Burning man.
You tell us you are coming here sometime in November...or as you put it, when the pound 'craps out'.
Let me ask you, before you travel do you take out insurance?
Insurance that will cover you if you cannot travel, or if your hotel burns down, or if your car hire falls through, or if you get sick....or in this case, if you are unlucky enough to starve to death??

Yes, of course you do.
Why might that be then?
Is it because you have taken into consideration what MIGHT go wrong during your visit?
Then what you have done is consider 'the worst case scenario'.....which is what Yellow Hammer is.

whats really pathetic about remoaners is yellowhammer was done under Mays crappy deal,it was published i think about 2 weeks into B.J.s premiership. but PATHETIC gets refuse tomention that which dont suprise me at all PATHETIC is just that.

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2019 08:37

Cashy, had the government sat back and made no contingency plans, then they would be criticised for that too.
Burningman really does not understand the power of feeling regarding having your democratic vote dismissed by people who are supposed to represent your interests.

I wonder how he would feel to have his laws made for him in Venezuela....to have the farmers of America told what they can grow, what they can sell.
Wonder how he would feel if he could not vote out an administration that he felt was detrimental to his daily life...he doesn't 'get' it because he is several thousand miles removed from the issues.
Even if he experiences them second hand, through relatives, they do not impact on his life.

Exile on Spencer St 13-09-2019 08:49

alternative views to the metropolitan media’s hysteria:

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_sep_freight_expert

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_sep_b...brexit_britain

monkey hanger 13-09-2019 09:09

what gets me is that people in and out of politics thought it was a good idea to allow ex empire countries to have their independence but do not want their own country to have theirs.

monkey hanger 13-09-2019 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1231747)

doubt i,ll starve to death if i cannot get hold of an aubergine, garlic clove or european wine. i,ll be off to pick an hord more blackberries after dinner with british grown potatoes, british grown veg and british meat.

accybeme 13-09-2019 09:47

Juncker on tv this morning trying to insult us brits, calling us part-time Europeans, That’s about the first time I can agree with him, we are part-time Europeans but far from being an insult, I take it as a complement

cashman 13-09-2019 10:14

Junker has only to look in the mirror to see a real insult.:rolleyes:

Burningman 13-09-2019 18:02

So... no sugar then? Geez, only asking.

Margaret Pilkington 13-09-2019 18:16

No sugar....it is poison.
But thanks for asking.

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2019 08:10

This morning the media are giving David Cameron a platform....some are implying that it is his form of revenge.
What a load of tommyrot.
Let's not forget who got us where we are today.
DC promised a referendum, won an election on that basis.
Spent a lot of time and money trying to persuade us that leaving would not be the right thing....instigated project fear.
Of course he would do all of that because he was an arch remainer...so when the result came in he was shocked...not a happy chappy.

What he did next was the despicable act of a coward...a man with no backbone.
He took his ball and went home.

Leaving the bomb damage to be dealt with by someone else.

Now three and a bit years after the event....and with us no nearer getting out, he wants to come and hurl insults at those who are trying to get Brexit sorted.

My message to him is...'.bu88er off you shameless coward...there is nothing you can say that we need to hear.
You are, like Tony Blair, a 'yesterday man' there is nothing you can say that will bring back integrity or respect'.
The history books will portray you forever as a weak ineffectual, cowardly PM.

monkey hanger 14-09-2019 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1231753)
Juncker on tv this morning trying to insult us brits, calling us part-time Europeans, That’s about the first time I can agree with him, we are part-time Europeans but far from being an insult, I take it as a complement

would not even be part time if a lot of others had voted the same way as me on the common market referendum.

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2019 08:15

Oh yeah, and he has a book to sell. (A big motivating factor)
I hope the paper has a high absorbency, because I think it might find its way into some toilets in the land.

Exile on Spencer St 14-09-2019 09:45

Perfect. Just what all Brexit believers wanted!
David Cameron finally raises his fat, shiny face and tells us how wrong and stupid we all are/were.

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2019 13:46

How can you tell when DC is lying?
When his mouth is moving.

It is not impressive or statesmanlike to make cheap jibes at this he left to clean up HIS mess.
He is nowt a pound and manure is tuppence.

The pot smoking seems to have done lasting damage.

Exile on Spencer St 14-09-2019 15:00

Scroll down to the YouTube video of Shiny-face Cameron to hear what a bare faced liar sounds like.
These hooray henrys have neither brains nor shame.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...-be-respected/

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2019 15:51

Isn't it just wonderful....he creates the most damaging foul up in recent history and then looks to blame someone else.

He is a liar(no second referendum, we will accept the will of the people) a coward and a shirker of his public responsibility.

As for Boris 'having left the truth at home'....DC is a fine one to talk, what about all the lies, myths and fakery used by project fear....bleeding heart hypocrite.
He says he worries about things every day....well, really....he has little need to worry.
He is not going to be running out of resources any time soon....and his book will prove him to be a bigger liar thanTom Pepper.
He is a hateful individual....let history judge him.

Margaret Pilkington 14-09-2019 16:48

There is a rumour that Boris has plans to take to the EU on the 17th....and that he will make Parliament sit day and night....weekends too to get it through by the 31st of October.

What is the betting that the Bercow crew of remainers oppose it purely because they want 1) Boris to fail
2) they want to force a further extension or the revocation of article 50.

If Boris does come back with some changes, I DO hope it is not the warmed over thin gruel that put forward as a WA....because if that is the case there is going to be big trouble and the Tories will be toast and will see their re-election dreams go right down the gurgler.

monkey hanger 16-09-2019 08:02

vote liberal democrats. they want us to remain. what a bleeding surprise.

accybeme 16-09-2019 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1231874)
vote liberal democrats. they want us to remain. what a bleeding surprise.

they maybe liberals but no way are they democrats
as a democrat, I accepted the outcome of the referendum

Exile on Spencer St 16-09-2019 09:16

Media bias? Surely not....
S’funny how, unlike the recent opinion of a Scottish court about prorogation, that this judicial opinion has remained totally unreported in the metropolitan mainstream media.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...-peace-treaty/

Margaret Pilkington 16-09-2019 10:55

So let's get this straight...the Lib Dems want another referendum and if it went in favour of leaving the EU they would ignore it.
Not Liberal, not democratic and if they would ignore that vote...what other votes would they also ignore.....?
Don't they realise that when a government in power refuses to accept the MAJORITY vote of the electorate, then they can be considered to be dictators.

Any party who obstructs the Majority vote should be seen as traitors.

I just hope that the Deal that Boris has earmarked is not the warmed over gruel that was offered by the previous PM...if it is the tories will be toast at the next election...and burnt toast at that

cashman 16-09-2019 11:59

Its simple the vote was DEMOCRACY, so that makes JO SWINTON a DICTATOR. which happens to be someone who ignores democracy as far as im concerned.

Exile on Spencer St 16-09-2019 13:31

1 Attachment(s)
This is the new UnLibUndem Party.
Sounds like the new age of fascism to me. Ignore voters and press on with creating the new Empire.

Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s representative in the Brexit talks, was cheered at the Liberal Democrats party conference as he hailed the end of the age of nation-states, and a new “world order” of “empires”.
“The world order of tomorrow is not a world order based on nation-states, on countries — it’s a world order that is based on empires”, claimed the former prime minister of Belgium — which for its own part has a singularly unpleasant history as an imperial power.

Margaret Pilkington 16-09-2019 15:07

Yes it is the desire of the EU to swallow up the member states and remove their national identities, their cultures and their uniqueness and replace it with their own inflexible rules made by the dictator elite of that corrupt organisation.

They have created a situation in the UK(because they have politicians in their pockets doing their nefarious deeds) in which there is a war going on between the polarised factions....
This war that they have instigated requires no bombs or bullets....it just needs propaganda(e.g. The BBC) that rips apart the fabric of society.

The EU is like a hyena following a weaker animal....ready to pounce at just the right moment to ensure a kill that requires no effort, because it's prey is severely weakened.

They are rubbing their hands, laughing at the disarray they have caused...the division of parties....a country that is divided is far easier to dominate and conquer.

Do we want to be that country?
Do we want our children and grandchildren to be the slaves to this organisation.
I know what my answer is.

monkey hanger 17-09-2019 08:01

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1231896]This is the new UnLibUndem Party.
Sounds like the new age of fascism to me.

[I][COLOR="Red"]Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s representative in the Brexit talks, a new “world order”
thought the past showed us what the new world order was all about that led to their defeat in 1945.

Exile on Spencer St 17-09-2019 11:45

Read this today on Briefings for Brexit:
Here's a funny thing. The Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association says that there is no need to stockpile medication in Ireland. They advise that existing stocks are adequate and there is no danger of shortages despite the fact that over two-thirds of supplies come from or through the UK.
Odd then that some NHS doctors say the opposite about the UK. In truth their predictions of NHS shortages are conditional on an assumption of congestion at ports, something about which they have no first-hand knowledge

Jimmy Clitheroe 17-09-2019 23:06

I've not been about much for a while what with one thing or another but the so called Liberal Democrats are making my blood boil..... GRRR !!!

This is the party that -

(1 Covered up the paedophile behaviour of it's leading light Cyril Smith for decades meaning he never faced justice

(2 Has declared it will do all in it's power to stop the will of a democratic vote

(3 half of who's ranks consist of turncoat MP's elected to represent other parties (How the hell can Berger represent Liverpool Wavertree when only a fraction of the electorate wanted a lib-Dem MP - stand down and force a by-election and see what happens)

In my mind they are the most despicable of any party in Britain and the media luvvies from the media are sickening in their support for this abominable shower.

monkey hanger 18-09-2019 07:52

totally spot on sir. in fact anyone who changes parties for any reason should be forced into having a by election as a matter of course. mind you the lib dumbs will be against that as well as they,d lose a few more mp,s.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 08:32

Absolutely spot on Jimmy.
The MP's who have defected to this party are like husbands who cheat...if they have done it once then there is a chance that they might do it again.

Any MP who defects to a party that his/her constituents did not vote for(that's all of them) should trigger a by election this then allows their voters to determine whether they support the defection.

This woman provokes in me the same allergic response as that woman from Scotland..... Nicola Sturgeon. They are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

Jo Swinson n campaigned for a Referendum....but here she is saying she will revoke article 50 if they get into power....or if they prove to be 'king-makers' come a split GE result.

They voted to allow article 50 to be implemented....so they too, are turncoats.

She has done pretty much what Jeremy Corbyn has done-become an opportunistic politician.
Meaning she will change her stance whenever the need arises just so that she can get into power.....that is dishonest politics....it is not Democratic....and she obviously does not understand the dictionary definition of Liberal(a willingness to accept views which are different to your own).

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 08:39

They have as much chance of her becoming PM as I have of being made Pope.
But they might pick up enough votes to be the party that has some pull on the strings....a bit like the milk and water Nick Clegg wit David Cameron.

And on the note of this reptile of a chap....did you know that if you buy his book Waterstones will give you a bag of very sour green grapes?

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 08:40

Monkey hanger, as you can see....great minds think alike!

monkey hanger 18-09-2019 09:09

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1231976

This woman provokes in me the same allergic response as that woman from Scotland..... Nicola Sturgeon. They are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

women in general want more of their same sex go into politics. think these two have put their cause back years after you listen to them.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 09:28

If I were younger...I might consider it.....going into politics that is.
Not sure who for.....because I do not have an alliance to any of the parties....and I think I am too open and honest to be accepted.

cashman 18-09-2019 09:51

Jo Swinson is a DICTATOR simple as.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 10:51

Cashy she has reached her level of uselessness.
A politician that ignores the will of the people deserves to be pitched into the rough...not elected.
Come the GE there are going to be a lot of those who have defected, without a seat in the house.
I cannot believe the electors will forgive these traitors...I know that I won't

accybeme 18-09-2019 12:00

This is our friends in Europe, in the invent of no-deal Guy Verhofstadt has put together a plan to ostracize the UK from any future trade deals, that is unless the UK completely capitulates and pays the £39 B and implements the back-stop and keeps paying our dues the plan was voted through by 544 to 126, how can anyone would want to stay in this corrupt institution is beyond me, sooner we leave the better

Exile on Spencer St 18-09-2019 12:08

Read this today on Briefings for Brexit:

And be in no doubt, attachment to any part of the EU’s defence integration scheme subordinates the country, by EU law, to the whole of the EU’s global strategy. Unless, post-Brexit, we could explicitly annul these measures, then in simple terms, our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines; our ships and aircraft; our land forces and our intelligence architecture could all be directed and controlled – put in harm’s way indeed – by a body which could not be brought to account for its actions. The EU Commission is not elected, British voters cannot change it at the polling booth, and yet the May government has been prepared to hand over the first duty of any government – the defence of its people, territory and vital interests – to them. It has sought to make us in effect a voiceless, rule-taking colony of Brussels. If you doubt this, read first the Withdrawal Agreement’s Clauses 81, 92, 95, 101-103, 104-6; and secondly the Technical Note on External Relations of 24 May 2018. Where, may I ask you, is democracy in these moves? Where is our place in NATO? Where is our sovereignty as a nation?

Much, much more detail here.
https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-d...dden-eu-deals/

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1231992)
This is our friends in Europe, in the invent of no-deal Guy Verhofstadt has put together a plan to ostracize the UK from any future trade deals, that is unless the UK completely capitulates and pays the £39 B and implements the back-stop and keeps paying our dues the plan was voted through by 544 to 126, how can anyone would want to stay in this corrupt institution is beyond me, sooner we leave the better

I know that you use 'friends' in a sarcastic way....but the EU bureaucrats have never been our friends.
Friends do not insult or denigrate each other....they do not set traps to make senior politicians from a member state look stupid or to humiliate them like the antics of Xavier Bettel recently.

Right from the very start of the 'negotiations' the bureaucrats have been less than diplomatic....not friends, not allies, but bad neighbours...bordering on enemies.

cashman 18-09-2019 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1231991)
Cashy she has reached her level of uselessness.
A politician that ignores the will of the people deserves to be pitched into the rough...not elected.
Come the GE there are going to be a lot of those who have defected, without a seat in the house.
I cannot believe the electors will forgive these traitors...I know that I won't

to me a dictator is a leader who ignores the will of the people hitler did that, and got away with it, the will of the people was Leave, so that makes her a DICTATOR.;)

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 14:07

so are all the remainers who have done all in their power to disrupt the process of leaving the EU.
John Major.....giving evidence in the Supreme court is the biggest traitor...and a hypocrite to boot.
He suspended Parlaiment to to deflect the 'Cash for Questions' Issue....and he suspended it for 19 days...not the five that Boris has suspended it for....then Majors ineffectual government was taken down and Tony Blair elected.
So this former PM thinks it is a good idea to throw Boris under the bus...to leave the doors open for a Jeremy Corbyn caretaker government.
If that happens then we really will see the pound slide...and a no deal Brexit would look like a cakewalk.
John Major is showboating.....he has absolutely nothing in his political life that he can be proud of

cashman 18-09-2019 14:36

Have to disagree with that, those who will vote Lib Dem after what that bitch has promised to me are voting for a dictator just to suit their own ends. and they are too stupid or dont care enough to see it.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 16:54

Cashy which bit do you think I have got wrong?

Of course, I am comfortable with you having different views to me(that makes me Liberal)...unlike the lib-Dems....they cannot bear anyone having a different view of things....and are happy to legislate against any other opinions.....a real vote loser that.

If they will ignore the voters on something as important as this, then they would be likely to ignore the views of the voters on other issues

she will get those who want to remain in the EU to vote for her....maybe, but like many others....come the GE, she is just as likely to get the heave ho.

These traitors will be remembered and not in a good way.

cashman 18-09-2019 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231995)
to me a dictator is a leader who ignores the will of the people hitler did that, and got away with it, the will of the people was Leave, so that makes her a DICTATOR.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1231996)
so are all the remainers who have done all in their power to disrupt the process of leaving the EU.
John Major.....giving evidence in the Supreme court is the biggest traitor...and a hypocrite to boot.
He suspended Parlaiment to to deflect the 'Cash for Questions' Issue....and he suspended it for 19 days...not the five that Boris has suspended it for....then Majors ineffectual government was taken down and Tony Blair elected.
So this former PM thinks it is a good idea to throw Boris under the bus...to leave the doors open for a Jeremy Corbyn caretaker government.
If that happens then we really will see the pound slide...and a no deal Brexit would look like a cakewalk.
John Major is showboating.....he has absolutely nothing in his political life that he can be proud of

The bit that says "So are all the remainers" I cannot see them as Dictators at all, just fools and selfish uns at that who follow Swinton simply to get their own way, thats the bit, unless i have misunderstood?

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 18:31

Oops....I really meant the Remainer MP's who have obstructed all attempts to get us out of the EU.

The likes of John Major, Kenneth Clarke, Philip Hammond, etc etc.....and all those who have left the party, gone to parties that they were not elected to.
These are people who campaigned on the manifestos that said they would respect the result of the vote.
The people who were given a raft of votes to determine what they wanted the WA to look like.

The answer, Cashy....and it is a simpleton who cannot see this....is that the ruling elite(those we elected to represent us) want to revoke article 50.

They have not voted for a deal, because they do not want a deal......all this hoo-ha about not wanting a NO Deal is a red herring.
These MP's all think that they know better than us....they do not want to deliver what WE want.....just what they want.
Which is....to stay.

I should have explained myself better.

cashman 18-09-2019 19:54

Yep but surely the Dictator is the Leader? Good old Swinson:rolleyes: i agree those you name want to stay in, end of the day they are nothing as regards power.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2019 21:03

yes she is,of a relatively minor party but realistically she has very little chance of being PM...although she might be in the same position as Nick Clegg was or the DUP leader....the case of the tail wagging the dog...
But that will only happen if there is an election...and as I said before, she might lose her seat, along with many othrs that have created this chaos.
My hope is that Boris has a secret scud missile up his sleeve....one that will destroy Bercow and all the other white flag wavers.

monkey hanger 19-09-2019 07:56

[QUOTE=accybeme;1231992]This is our friends in Europe, in the invent of no-deal Guy Verhofstadt has put together a plan to ostracize the UK from any future trade deals,

i really hope that he does that. those in the eu that export to us especially food and motor vehicles will then see him for what he is and the eu for what it is. in the long run it could start the end for people like him and the start of mass unrest in the organisation. they may not like us but like our money.

Margaret Pilkington 19-09-2019 09:00

Spot on Monkey hanger.
We Brits are disliked, but not the money we contribute.
Only Germany puts in more than we do. A big hole to fill if we do eventually escape.

cashman 19-09-2019 19:23

Just seen on Sky news the E.U. president Junker says a deal can be done before Oct 31St, so Blair,Major,Corbyn, and all the other ******* who accused B.J. of lying has demonstated its a load of balls, and they are the ones lyning for there own ends it seems to me.

Margaret Pilkington 19-09-2019 19:36

couple of interesting comments from a news site.
1)Despite EU denials, each year its debt increases. By deferring unpaid bills to the next budget it can keep saying it is running a balanced budget. EU overspending has increased from 131bn at the end of its last budget in 2006 to a projected 247bn euro by the end of this current budget in 2020.

Not only does the 2021-27 budget start 247bn in debt but the EU will be losing the UK's contribution. HMRC projections indicate if the UK remains we would give the EU between 112bn and 150bn (166bn euro) during the 2021-27 budget. But despite having a hole of about 400bn euro, the EU intend increasing 2021-27 spending by 179bn euro.

Now here's the problem. The 6 or 7 counties that pay for the EU, have refused to accept massive contribution increases. Germany alone faces up to a 100bn increase. But the 20 countries that do not pay a penny, just take money out, have told Brussels they will not tolerate a reduction in their subsidies.With these problems is the EU in a position to dictate to the UK?

2)EU data reports the UK was the most PROFITABLE market for the EU 27's trade in goods in 2016 and 2017. (135.6bn and 129.6bn euro respectively.)
The US replaced the UK as the EU number1 most PROFITABLE market with 139.6bn euro in 2018. In 2017, just 5 countries accounted for 70% of all EU goods exports to the UK. 17 countries accounted for an insignificant 7.5% of EU exports to UK.

The majority of EU states have virtually no exports with the UK. The UK is Germany's 1st or 2nd single most profitable market.

The economy of the EU's biggest contributor is already on the brink of recession. If trade with Latvia was interrupted so what. But for the top 5 EU exporters,the loss of UK market would be disastrous.

As the Belgian Economy Minister Kris Peeters said about no deal, (Oct2017) "The economic consequences will be catastrophiic...for Belgium."
Despite the iignorant denials of Remoaners, the EU would be plunged into crisis if it lost the 123 billion euro profit it made from the UK in 2018.

Worth a read.

Margaret Pilkington 19-09-2019 19:55

Just a note...I have converted the comments from what seems to be a wellread individual in blue to denote that they are not my words.....but this information is in the public domain for those who wish to check it out.

It really bears out what we have been saying all along...that the EU cannot pass an audit...and that they really do need us far more than we need them.

Should we be forced to stay in the EU....if article 50 is revoked, this would mean our yearly subscriptions to this club would become crippling because they have to get the money from somewhere...and there are more vanity (expensive) projects in the pipeline.

monkey hanger 20-09-2019 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232030)
J

Should we be forced to stay in the EU....if article 50 is revoked, this would mean our yearly subscriptions to this club would become crippling because they have to get the money from somewhere...and there are more vanity (expensive) projects in the pipeline.

get some more dosh from greece and the old eastern block countries who seem to live on, its better to receive than to give. the club was bad enough but the inclusion of the latter ones have at least given more ammunition and increased the number of leavers.

Exile on Spencer St 20-09-2019 17:16

Found the graphs and the linked article interesting:

Basically, it suggests the EU, especially Germany, needs the UK more than we need the entire EU.
When the UK is not counted as part of the EU we become the 2nd-biggest buyer of EU goods in the World, almost as large as the USA and far more important to the EU27 than China.
Quite simply, the UK does dreadfully out of the Customs Union
Tariff-free access merely allows EU conglomerates to flood the UK market, to the detriment of UK manufacturing and jobs. It only benefits multinational companies, not the 92% of British business who do not trade with the EU.
It forces the Common External Tariff on the UK, which means UK consumers pay far more for imported goods than they need to. It works in the interests of EU27 countries, not in the UK’s interests.

https://facts4eu.org/static/media/cu..._summary_2.pdf

Margaret Pilkington 20-09-2019 17:35

No surprises there then.
No wonder they want to tie us into the customs union...good for them and terrible for us

None of this information is being disseminated to the general population...and a lot of them either do not know how to find it or are happy to suck up what our Pro remain biased media want to portray.

Margaret Pilkington 20-09-2019 19:54

And another thing....the European Central Bank has printed 3billion Euros in the last three months....that is money that is not earned....quantitive easing is what it is called.....injecting liquidity into the European financial markets(thin air money is what some people call it because the banks create it out of thin air) this suggests that things in the Eurozone are pretty damn serious.

monkey hanger 21-09-2019 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232051)

None of this information is being disseminated to the general population...and a lot of them either do not know how to find it or are happy to suck up what our Pro remain biased media want to portray.

i,m a person who can usually see both sides to any question no matter what it is. on this issue i just cannot see where the remainers are coming from. never have, never will. just cannot get my head around the EU and with all the propaganda around you,d think i,d be swayed even a bit to their ways of thinking.

Margaret Pilkington 21-09-2019 15:01

That, Monkey hanger,is because you have not had your brain rinsed of all critical thought.

Jimmy Clitheroe 21-09-2019 22:39

As a nation we are the second largest contributor to the EU.
Each year we have to feed, clothe, house, educate and care for an additional number of people equivalent to the population of Nottingham. That is every year, year on year - yet the EU want an ever increasing amount from us year on year. Our roads and infrastructure are crumbling while taxes we pay go to build nice new roads in Slovakia etc. Our standard of living is falling while we subsidise Luxembourg - the richest nation in Europe. Wages remain static or fall as employers take advantage of cheap migrant labour. The whole EU ethos is unsustainable and it is only a matter of time before their crazy policies bring Europe to the brink of collapse or push voters to the extremes as it has done in France, Austria, Hungary, Belgium etc... Those who run the EU have learned nowt from history and seem hellbent on repeating the mistakes of the 30s.

Margaret Pilkington 22-09-2019 09:29

So, if we can see all this, then why can't our political class see it too?

Add to that the contempt shown to our politicians and our county in general.
It is unacceptable.

The clear answer is that those MP's in Westminster are not looking out for us....or the country.
They are only interested in gaining a financial gain for themselves.

Look up what will happen sometime in 2020 when the Lisbon Treaty comes into full and final action.
What this treaty does is consign us to being no more than a Parish council.
We will have to bend the knee to all the laws that come out of Brussels, there will be no individual countries vetoes to anything, we will come under the rule for harmonised taxes, financial bodies will be controlled(or may even have to move) by Frankfurt.
There will be a European army.....and the UK will have NO say over how it is funded or deployed.
There will be no accountability, the elite will be unelected and any MEP's that we elect will have no real impact on decisions.

We could get rid of all of our MP's as there will be no point in having them......and the vast sum of money saved by getting rid of both houses would be swallowed up by the increasing costs of being in this corrupt dictatorship that our gutless politicians want to shackle us to.

This is our very last chance to get out. Please Boris don't stuff it up by giving us the May WA that has been tweaked....that doesn't cut it.

Jimmy Clitheroe 22-09-2019 10:17

I'm also bemused by the stance of the Green Party. If the predicted slow down in the economy occurs because of Brexit then won't that mean less emissions. greenhouse gasses a reduction in consumerism - all things the Greens are seeking?

Exile on Spencer St 22-09-2019 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1232107)
I'm also bemused by the stance of the Green Party. If the predicted slow down in the economy occurs because of Brexit then won't that mean less emissions. greenhouse gasses a reduction in consumerism - all things the Greens are seeking?

Aye, but the Greens want everyone else to go without just so their ‘children’ (16-45 year olds) can fly off on their gap years and world travels.

DaveinGermany 22-09-2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1232109)
Aye, but the Greens want everyone else to go without just so their ‘children’ (16-45 year olds) can fly off on their gap years and world travels.

Back to hair shirts & mud huts if they get their way.

Margaret Pilkington 22-09-2019 12:16

It won't be mud huts son, it will be caves....and they will ban fires for cooking....we'll have to eat our greens raw.

I am sick of this pseudo religion that Climate Change has become.
Went into Preston on Friday and a load of Brain rinsed kids were chanting mantras dreamed up by these nutters.....and one adult was handing out quality, shiny paper, colourful ink printed flyers decrying our irresponsible actions.

I refused to take one of these.

I asked how ecologically friendly it was to cut down trees, to use power to make paper, to use resources(probably oil based) to print this flyer.....did he not see the hypocrisy in this?

I also asked what the UK's contribution to CO2 levels was(he did not know this....so I enlightened him with 2018 figures 5.6 mT per capita....and this level has fallen by 2.4%)

I asked why he wasn't demonstrating in China which is one of the biggest producers of CO2.. he just shrugged.

I bet he was sorry that he picked on me.

Exile on Spencer St 22-09-2019 13:29

To return to topic, one but brave German MEP had had the cojones to speak up. For the U.K.!
God bless him, but don’t expect to see any of this on the BBC or any mainstream U.K. media.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_sep_mep_speech

Margaret Pilkington 22-09-2019 14:20

I wish I could give this man a pat on the back.
Someone who tells it like it is.

DaveinGermany 23-09-2019 18:42

Unfortunately Hr.Dr. Gunnar Beck, belongs to the AfD (Alternative für Deutschland) & as such will be slated & branded as being of the right, so ignored as a rabble rouser.

Margaret Pilkington 23-09-2019 19:29

yes, it is unfortunate...he spoke a lot of sense...but politicians today cannot recognise sense...and as Cashy so rightly observes...You cannot put sense where there is none.

monkey hanger 24-09-2019 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1232137)
Unfortunately Hr.Dr. Gunnar Beck, belongs to the AfD (Alternative für Deutschland) & as such will be slated & branded as being of the right, so ignored as a rabble rouser.

you mean like those of us who have always wanted out are shown and spoke about in the media. wait till the bbc do a programme on brexit in some town around the country. the remainer they find will be smart, young and talks the talk where the brexit person they find will be the total opposite.

Margaret Pilkington 24-09-2019 10:15

Today the Supreme court ruled that the prorogation of Parliament was unlawful...and that this is the unanimous verdict of all 11 judges.
They have handed over Parlaiment to John Bercow who has informed MP's to return 'immediately'.
It seems that remianer politicians can use the law to achieve their aims, but yet we, the people do not have the same opportunity to censure the politicians who have ignored the will of the people.

Something very wrong there.

As for the PM having lied to the Queen...how do they come to that opinion...were they there?
Did they hear what he said?

I just wonder how many of these judges wer e remainers(and I know they are supposed to be impartial...but we know all about impartiality for John Bercow).

cashman 24-09-2019 10:19

To me it perfectly demonstrates how CORRUPT these top judges are. nobody thought it was corrupt when Major did it.

cashman 25-09-2019 14:17

Just switched Parliament channel on just shows what the gob****es have achieved, nothing it was half empty.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: they make me puke. i had no intention of watching the crap at alli just suspected that would be the case.

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2019 14:44

Yes, spot on Cashy.

What I want to know is how can the PM have broken a law that did not exist until made by the Supreme Court?
And since when did the Supreme Court make laws?
I thought that was the domain of government.
And what court can the 17.4 million disenfranchised voters apply to for the appalling way that they have been betrayed?
What court will take to task the traitor of a speaker, who says that he will encourage even more 'procedural creativity'.....meaning dirty tricks.
Dirty Tricks are OK for the remainers, but not acceptable when practiced by those who wish to leave.

No equality there then...and no surprises either.

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2019 15:09

Clause 9 of the 1869 bill of rights(which is still on the statute books) says 'Proceedings in Parliament ought not to be impeached or questioned in any court or any place outside of Parliament'

This was so that the law could not influence the work of Parliament and to prevent interference from judges.

This means that the Supreme Court has exceeded that remit for political reasons.....and this in itself is not lawful.

cashman 25-09-2019 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1232177)
Clause 9 of the 1869 bill of rights(which is still on the statute books) says 'Proceedings in Parliament ought not to be impeached or questioned in any court or any place outside of Parliament'

This was so that the law could not influence the work of Parliament and to prevent interference from judges.

This means that the Supreme Court has exceeded that remit for political reasons.....and this in itself is not lawful.

That bill on statute books PROVES what i say about the Supreme court Judges they are CORRUPT. and for me they should be sacked.

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2019 18:04

They are all remainers.
They said it was NOT about Brexit(it was about giving the remainers more help in delaying, or better still, stopping it)..that it was about the sovereignty of Parliament.

Well, if we do not get out of the EU....the sovereignty of Parliament will matter not one jot.
Parliament will be redundant.... MP's will be of no consequence as laws will be delivered from Brussels....with no redress.

Justices meddling in politics is a very dodgy business.